bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi brothers and sisters!  (Read 7998 times)

Evan600

Hi brothers and sisters!
« on: December 29, 2006, 10:40:51 PM »

My name is Jason, and this is my very first post.  I'm glad to meet up with other believers that are like-minded.  I have been over the last few months or so been understanding these 'new' truths.  I have so many questions that it would take me some time to sort them all out and post them.  Since I have come to the understanding of universal reconciliation I have left the church that I was attending, and I'm still dealing with that a little bit. 

I have a jail ministry that I got involved with when I was attending church, but I still go.  I am kind of in a tough spot I feel as of late.  My understanding of these 'new' truths seems limited, and I am in much trembling about what I tell others.  I speak of the love of Christ mostly, and that there is no such thing as an eternal hell.  I tell others they are where they're supposed to be.  My problem is though, that Babylon seems to be everywhere that I go.  I constantly battle erroneous doctrines of the church, even from those that aren't 'hardcore' believers, but still grew up in church.  Battling with doctrines, and questions that others have seems like it's difficult lately. 

I say these things to you guys asking that you could pray for me.  I think that I'm in a place where perhaps I should limit the teaching of Scripture that I do.  What do you think?  I realize that our Lord Jesus has all of these things under control, and He's working it all after the counsel of His will, but any support that I may recieve is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading.  I have much to share, as I think you have much to share with me.  The ground is very shaky sometimes, as I'm sure most of you know.  Also if any of you have any prayer requests or need anything and you think that I could be of assistance to you...please, let me know.   ;D

God bless,

Jason

lilitalienboi16

Re: Hi brothers and sisters!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 04:17:52 AM »

Hey Jason, good to see you buddy :)

I figured i'd post, even though we know each other, just to say i was the first one to post!! :P

God bless brother,

Alex

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 09:04:14 AM »

Hello Jason, welcome to the forum!

My advice to you is to study and then wait until you are asked by people who seek to know something from you.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2Ti 2:15 KJV)

Paul didn't immediately "confer with flesh and blood", but he returned back to Damascus where he was converted. Then after three years he began his ministry:

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days. (Gal 1:15-18 KJV)

Be patient, and wait. That's my best advice, and also my experience. God will bring people your way who will ask you.

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: (1Pe 3:15 KJV)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 09:08:04 AM by eggi »
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

iris

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 12:25:12 PM »

Welcome to the forum, Jason.

I will pray for you.

Again, welcome.  ;D

Iris

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 12:40:59 PM »

Hi Jason,

Yeah, welcome to the forum.  I look forward to hearing from you.  I shall definitely keep you in my prayers. 

God Bless.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 03:55:04 PM »

Hey eggi, whats it mean for one to go to 'damascaus' spiritualy speaking? Why was paul their 3 years? Do you know the spiritual significance?

Sorry idon't mean to derail this thread, just curiouse >< LOL

eggi

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 04:43:51 PM »

Hi lilitalienboi16,

I was just trying to make the point that Paul didn't start his ministry immediately after he was converted on the road to Damascus. He spent three years learning and studying. I guess that being in Arabia is also comparable to being in the wilderness, like Moses and Jesus were.

And the LORD said unto him, Go, return on thy way to the wilderness of Damascus: and when thou comest, anoint Hazael to be king over Syria: (1Ki 19:15 KJV)

Damascus seems to be a time of being brought through confusion caused by the glory of the light, but in the same time we are being taught and enlightened.

And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do. And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus. (Act 22:10-11 KJV)

We all try in some way to go back to Jerusalem immediately, but notice what happened to Paul.

And it came to pass, that, when I was come again to Jerusalem, even while I prayed in the temple, I was in a trance; And saw him saying unto me, Make haste, and get thee quickly out of Jerusalem: for they will not receive thy testimony concerning me. (Act 22:17-18 KJV)

Instead of going directly to Jerusalem, Paul then "went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus":

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days. (Gal 1:15-18 KJV)

Forgive me for elaborating too long on such a simple point...  ;D
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 02:28:32 AM »

Hi lilitalienboi16,

I was just trying to make the point that Paul didn't start his ministry immediately after he was converted on the road to Damascus. He spent three years learning and studying. I guess that being in Arabia is also comparable to being in the wilderness, like Moses and Jesus were.

And the LORD said unto him, Go, return on thy way to the wilderness of Damascus: and when thou comest, anoint Hazael to be king over Syria: (1Ki 19:15 KJV)

Damascus seems to be a time of being brought through confusion caused by the glory of the light, but in the same time we are being taught and enlightened.

And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do. And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus. (Act 22:10-11 KJV)

We all try in some way to go back to Jerusalem immediately, but notice what happened to Paul.

And it came to pass, that, when I was come again to Jerusalem, even while I prayed in the temple, I was in a trance; And saw him saying unto me, Make haste, and get thee quickly out of Jerusalem: for they will not receive thy testimony concerning me. (Act 22:17-18 KJV)

Instead of going directly to Jerusalem, Paul then "went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus":

Forgive me for elaborating too long on such a simple point...  ;D

No no no my friend, you make a great point, this is powerful spiritual stuff here! It's all written for 'our admonination' because it is an esample, and so we like paul, will experience these things if the Lord is merciful and wills us to be vessals of His mercy. <--- all one can pray for ;)

Love to you,

Alex

sansmile

• my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 05:43:28 AM »

Hi All,

I thought Paul spent 13 years preparing for his journeys. The same as Joseph, who was sold by his brothers, spent 13yrs under the rulership in Egypt. I will try to find the scripture. God Bless Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

sansmile

• my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 06:11:16 AM »

Me again :)

Here is some scripture that might help:

Regarding Joseph:

(Gen 37:2)  These are the generations of Jacob. Joseph, being seventeen years old, was feeding the flock with his brethren; and the lad was with the sons of Bilhah, and with the sons of Zilpah, his father's wives: and Joseph brought unto his father their evil report.

(Gen 41:46)  And Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went throughout all the land of Egypt.

Thirty minus seventeen = 13 yrs.

And Paul,

(Gal 2:1)  Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.

(Gal 2:2)  And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

We are not told Paul's age, but it is approx 13yrs before he starts to actually preach and teach.

Hope this helps
Sandie
God Bless
Walk in the Spirit

hebrewroots98

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 07:04:48 AM »

Hello there Jason!

Glad to have you aboard.  Don't feel bad that you are eager to teach Gods new truths to those whom you love.  Most of us have been there and done that till we had to learn the hard way  to just let go and let God bring anyone whom He wants us to teach, to us.  It is my understanding that Paul spent three years in Arabia b/c that is where God could teach Paul without any interuptions/interferences; just he and God.  I can attest that this is the very thing that is happening with me and my family at our home as we speak. 

This time last year I had first learned of the BT website and truths.  I was pretty much blown away by all of the truths that I found at once, till now.  It takes awhile for reading all of Rays' site as well as for all of these truths to be digested; it is meat, not milk of the word.  Just be patient.  (I tried to 'teach' others before I was well rounded in this info, and it didn't turn out well.)  It is better to put all of these new truths into my life; not just into my head.  People are beginning to see my life; not my words, and they are responding a little at a time; to where I can help them with a little truth at a time.  If we try to teach too much to those whom haven't been exposed to these things, then they will choke on it.  It again, is meat! God will open doors of communication when people see your love,passion and joy for what you are living out too.  For our family, God has us still in 'Arabia';  where GOD, HIMSELF (HIS SPIRIT)CAN MINISTER THESE TRUTHS TO US.  We all need alone time with God before taking on the world.  (So, if someone asks you why you aren't 'in church', you can just tell them that God has you away on a sabatical (from others) for this period of time, so that He can teach you some things (like Paul got taught by God), and to where you are sure that you are hearing from God and not from men...  It's a great relief too from not having to be in a 'church' to where you can't hear from God with all of the people around.  You will have plenty of chance real soon it you will just get grounded in this  BT info first.

eggi

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 10:41:31 AM »

Me again :)

Here is some scripture that might help:

Regarding Joseph:

(Gen 37:2)  These are the generations of Jacob. Joseph, being seventeen years old, was feeding the flock with his brethren; and the lad was with the sons of Bilhah, and with the sons of Zilpah, his father's wives: and Joseph brought unto his father their evil report.

(Gen 41:46)  And Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went throughout all the land of Egypt.

Thirty minus seventeen = 13 yrs.

And Paul,

(Gal 2:1)  Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.

(Gal 2:2)  And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

We are not told Paul's age, but it is approx 13yrs before he starts to actually preach and teach.

Hope this helps
Sandie
God Bless

Thanks Sandie,

I was referring to Paul "going up to Jerusalem" the first time. I should have explained this difference. You are right, he didn't start his ministry to the Gentiles until he had spent 13 years more years. In fact Paul went up to Jerusalem twice! I didn't think about that!

Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days. (Gal 1:17-18 KJV)

Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also. (Gal 2:1 KJV)

It seems that it was actually 3+14 years=17 years? Quite a long time!

Evan600

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 01:21:30 PM »

Thank you guys all so much for your kind replies!

Much love in Christ,

- Jason

Kat

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 02:48:55 PM »

Hi Jason,

Glad you are here.
This forum is a place that you can ask questions, while you are preparing  :)
Dealing with unbelievers can be a lesson in futility, as they have no eyes to see.
Believers are few and far apart as we are like salt, sprinkled around.
But here at the forum you will find the fellowship that you need,
and there are many who are very articulate in their answers to questions.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 04:04:31 PM »

Hello Jason

Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Evan600

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 04:45:36 PM »

Again, thank you guys for the warm welcome!!

I have tried to send Ray an email at the address:   L.RaySmith@comcast.net  and I keep getting a failure notice.  I just got done reading a very important article, and at the end Ray wanted to know if any that read it came to the light of the message.  I would really like to share with Ray that I have seen what he said, and I am in tears.

Thank you guys!

much love,
Jason

DWIGHT

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2006, 05:45:29 PM »

Jason,

Welcome, and enjoy the fellowship; you'll be blessed with all the rest of us who can share these truths without fear of making mistakes or being made fun of.  We love you brother and that's all you need to know.

God bless you,

Dwight,
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 23 queries.