bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on Sharing UR  (Read 19678 times)

PKnowler

Question on Sharing UR
« on: December 21, 2006, 08:38:04 PM »

I haven't been around for awhile so "hi" ya'll. How ya been? If I could jump on in there with a question. I thought this would be a good place to ask. I have been thinking about some things and I am perplexed. Do you think that we should share our revelation of Universal Salvation with others?  Should we boldly proclaim it? Or keep it to ourselves? Should we only share with Christians so we do not make non-Christians stumble and feel no need for Christ? Or does it even really matter if we share with Christians since they are already saved? At what risk should we acknowledge this hope? The loss of friends?

Do you think sharing this info with non-Christians would make them put off accepting Christ?

I would like to hear what you all have to say.

Thanks!
~Paula

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Question on Sharing UR
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 09:48:56 PM »

Paula,

Hi.  Good to see you.  Okay I am going to address your questions one by one and there may be some Scriptural overlap so please bear with me.

1.  "Do you think we should share our revelation of Universal Salvation with others." - Yes for the simple fact of the Great Commission.  It exhorts us to go to all ends of the world with the Good News.  Now what is the Good News?  That would be John 3:16. 

2.  "Do you think that we should boldly proclaim it? - Do you know where Paul is talking about how he is boldly proclaiming the good news?  I am sure it is in one of the epistles but the gist goes something like this, "Therefore brethern exhort[or encourage] one another as long as it is called Today." [AGAIN - I apologize for messing this Scripture up, if I have.]  What better way to encourage eachother and others than boldly proclaiming the Good News.

3. "Or should we keep it to ourselves." - Jesus did not keep salvation to himself.  It was for all men.  There is a Scripture that says - God is not willing that any man should perish but that all men might come to be saved and to know him.  No we should not keep it to ourselves.  Universal salvation is for everyone.  Universal - in the essence of the words demands to be shared with everyone.

4.  "Should we only share with Christains so we do not make non-Christains and fell no need for Christ." - All mankind feel a drawing to a higher power in this case God.  God has predestined all of us to come to know him.  Everything that happens is in his perfect and holy will.  The bible says that nothing can thwart the will of God.  Yes we need to share with these people.  God uses all circumstances and all words to his purpose.  We will not be able to discern all his purpose, but he knows. 

5.  There is a Scripture that says that he comes not in peace but to divide or with a sword.  Mothers against Fathers.  Parents against children.  No matter what happens, all will come together in the end.  We are not commanded to understand this fully, we are commanded and exhorted to spread the good News.  Ray is an awesome example of spreading the Truth no matter the opposition.  He has faced so much trouble from the people that are so entrenched in Babylon, yet he still stands up for the truth.  That is what God tells us to do.

So more points to add to this.  Remember when Jesus was telling his disciples when they would come into questioning about their faith, he said that the Holy Spirit would prompt them as to what they should say.  Jesus does not change and will not change.  When we are witnessing the good news we need to let the Holy Spirit prompt us and be careful that we do no let our own emotions and agenda get in the way.  If you are going to share the Good News, say a prayer that the words that Jesus wants to be shared with that person, will come out of your mouth and nothing more and nothing less.  Nothing can go wrong this way.  Sure you may face opposition, but remember the opposition that Jesus faced when he preaching the Good News.  He faced death, but in the end to a glorious purpose, and truth triumphed.  It looked like the end of the world before the end came. 

A song that I reminded of I want to share.

"I'm pressed but not persecuted.
  Struck down but not destroyed.
  I am blessed beyond the curse
  for his promises endure
  His joy is gonna be my strength,
  Tho sorrows may last for the night
  Joy comes in the morning.

I'm trading my sorrow
  I'm trading my pain,
  I'm laying them down for the joy of the Lord."

And what is the joy of Lord?  The Good News. 

Share and share and share.  I read somewhere else in another thread, it is NOT us who bring people to the Father, it is Christ and the Holy Spirit that brings them to the Father.  We are merely tools that accomplsih this purpose.  And what an honor this is.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 10:20:12 PM »

Hi Paula, good to hear from ya!  Ray has written an article about witnessing that should help you.  As much as I like what Anne had to say, boy, thats hard to do.

I am going to be with relatives next week and I am dreading if this should come up.  Like if they say, "How's church been?"  Uh, I haven't been in 6 months.   Then they say "why not"  then I say...,...here is where I am stuck!    Actually I really don't want to talk about it at all.  They are way into Christendom and think we are deranged the way we have hopped around these last 30 years.   

The last time I tried to talk to a friend about this they were very polite but didn't want to know anymore.  The time before that I shared my excitement w/ a best friend who did not believe one word even w/ all the scripture I presented.  The very first time I talked about it after discovering Ray's site it was almost a knock down drag out!

So....Ray's article is a Godsend.  It has helped me not feel guilty to not say anything, but also to answer back in love about the hope that I have IF anyone asks me.

Love,
gena

Kat

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 10:30:21 PM »

Hi Paula,

I'm glad to see you back  :)

In regards to your question.
If it is God's will for us to share what we have learned, He will cause a person to ask.

1Pe 3:14  But if you also suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed. And do not fear their fear, nor be troubled,
1Pe 3:15  but sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and be ready always to give an answer to everyone who asks you a reason of the hope in you, with meekness and fear;
1Pe 3:16  having a good conscience, that while they speak against you as evildoers they may be shamed, those falsely accusing your good behavior in Christ.

I have spoken of the Truth to family members and a few close friends a little, mainly to tell them I was not going to church anymore.  
I don't live close to my extended family, and we've never discussed it since then, because they have never ask anything more.
If they did ask I would be glad to share with them or anyone, but I do not try to explain the Truth or even bring it up to anyone.
That is how I handle it.
It is a solitary journey of studying and learning.
I am so thankful for the forum, this is a wonderful place of fellowship.

This is a resent email to Ray.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2537.0.html ----------------------

Dear Beth:
Don't try to convert anyone. Be the best wife, mother, and friend that anyone could have, and THAT is the best thing that you and everyone else can do (unless you are a man, then, of course, the best husband, etc.,).  You will never, ever, ever win someone over by a clever argument with the Scriptures. There are two reason why I do this and you shouldn't:  [1] I am being a witness AGAINST all the heretics that attack me and the Truths of God, and [2] my answers to their foolish and unscriptural arguments are a great teaching tool for all those who read our site and who visit our Forum.

But in my private life, I do not try to convert, convince, change, etc., my neighbors and acquaintences.  I will tell them the truth about God and the Scriptures, but I do not make a pest of myself. If and when people ask you, give them only as much as then need and are willing to accept. If they desire more, they will come back.

I would suggest you buy a Emphasized Bible by Joseph Rotherham. It is on a par with the Concordant Version, and it is Old and New in one volume, plus you can find it at any large Bible Book Store, and it will probably be considerably less expensive.

Don't study to be a scholar. Just learn what you need to know. Learn it until you know it and believe it, not so that you can win a debate in a room full of theologians.  Things like "aion/aionios" will become clear after much study. "Free will" may also take awhile. Some fight it for years before they accept it. I personally immediately accepted it when I saw it and I was delighted to know it, as I was when I learned of the salvation of all.  I find it hard to understand why so many hundreds email me and still think that they find Scriptures that contradict the free will/free choice heresy. Anyway, don't become discouraged.

You can certainly accomodate your husband's desire as much as is possible without partaking of his religion with him. I can certainly sit in a church and listen to a minister teach his heresy, without sinning. I would have no reason, however, to do this on a regular basis.  Just give it time. "Don't be righteous over much" (Ecc. 7:16).  God will direct your path. And who knows whether God will not begin to open your husband's mind in the future.
God be with you,
Ray  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

rocky

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 10:31:56 PM »

1Ti 4:10 (for for this are we toiling and being reproached), that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind,

1Ti 4:11 especially of believers. These things be charging and teaching.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 08:33:14 AM »

Here is a portion of  http://bible-truths.com/souls.htm  (Winning Souls for Jesus?)

CAN YOU ‘WIN’ SOULS FOR CHRIST?

All my life I heard of "winning souls for Jesus." It is taught throughout the whole world of Christendom. Christians are taught they must "witness for Jesus" and in so doing will "win" some souls for Jesus. Many Christians feel a definite need to try and reach people for Jesus before they die. The Christian teaching is that if anyone is not reached and persuaded to accept Jesus as his personal Saviour before he dies, then he will at death immediately go into the pagan Greek hell of hades and be tortured in fire for all eternity. Even after learning many of the Truths of God on bible-truths.com, people continue to ask me how they can fulfill their obligation to witness for Christ and become effective teachers of God’s Truths to their family, neighbors, or fellow parishioners.

Shocking as it might sound to most, the Scriptures know nothing of "winning souls for Jesus." It is a man-made doctrine of the carnal mind.

But isn’t there a Scripture somewhere that speaks of "winning souls?" No, not really.

Once only do we find any words regarding "winning souls" in the King James Bible:

"The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise" (Prov. 11:30).

This verse, however, has absolutely nothing to do with saving the souls of those who believe in Jesus as their Saviour. The Hebrew word kal from which the word winneth was translated, is used hundreds of times in the King James, but only once is it translated into any form of the word "win." It means to, take, bring, fetch, acquire, rescue, etc., but "win" is a poor choice of words. Besides, spiritual salvation through Jesus Christ is not the topic of Proverbs 11:30. Two New Testament Scriptures:

In Phil. 3:8 we read, "…that I may win [Gk: ‘gain’] Christ…" and in I Pet. 3:1, "…they also may… be won [Gk: ‘gained’] by the conversation [conduct] of the wives…" The other dozen times this Greek word kerdaino is used, it is always ‘gain’ or ‘gained.’ Example: "…Lord you delivered unto me two talents: behold, I have gained [Gk: kerdaino] two other talents beside them" (Matt. 25:22).

Why didn’t the King James translate this: "…behold I have WON two other talents…?" Surely even these translators could see the implications of increasing our God-given talents by gambling with them for higher ‘WINNINGS.’

Christians need to get all this gambling terminology out of their heads when it comes to the doctrines of God. Salvation has nothing to do with winning some; loosing some; betting on statistical odds; taking chances, and all such Las Vegas crap table nonsense.

Salvation is not a matter of a first chance or a second chance or any chance. Salvation is "sure."

"SURELY, He Who spares not His own Son, but gives Him up for us all, how shall He NOT, together with Him, also, be graciously granting us ALL? (Rom. 8:32, Concordant Literal New Testament).

GOD PREDETERMINES WHO GETS SAVED AND WHEN

"Now we are aware that God [Who? GOD. Men—ourselves? NO—GOD] is working all together for the good of those who are loving God who are called according to the purpose that, whom He foreknew, He designates beforehand, also, to be conformed to the image of His Son for Him to be Firstborn among many brethren. Now whom He designates beforehand, these He calls also, and whom He calls, these He justifies also; now whom He justifies, these He glorifies also" (Rom. 8:28-30, Concordant Literal New Testament).

It is ALL OF GOD. It is not wrong to tell others of your knowledge of God and His Word. It is not, however, your responsibility to "get people saved." Only God can do that.

It is GOD who does the calling:

"For ye see your calling brethren how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God has chosen [Who? ‘GOD’] the weak things of this world to confound the things which are mighty…" (I Cor. 1:26-27).

It is GOD who does the dragging:

"No man can come to me, except the Father which has sent Me, draw him [Gk: ‘drag him’]…" (John 6:44).

It is CHRIST Who chooses from those His Father dragged:

"Ye have not chosen Me, but I HAVE CHOSEN YOU…" (John 15:16).

Eventually this will include all mankind:

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me" (John 12:32).

And all will respond to God’s judgments and chastisements:

"That at the name of Jesus EVERY knee should bow, of those in heaven, and those in earth, and those under the earth; And that EVERY tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father" (Phil. 2:10-11—See also Isa. 26:9b).

And let’s not forget:

"…no man CAN say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit" (I Cor. 12:3b).

Which is totally contrary to the horrible teachings of such men as John Hagee and Herbert W. Armstrong on this subject. Herbert Armstrong said: "Yes, every knee will bow, and if they don’t GOD WILL BREAK THEIR KNEES." Oh the unscriptural foolishness of carnal—minded men.

But do orthodox Christians believe that these Scriptures mean what they say? Of course not, and that is why they quote Phil. 2:12 "…work out your own salvation with fear and trembling," thinking that this takes Sovereignty away from God and places it back with man and his fabled "free will." Not so. They forget to read the next verse which tells us why we are to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling:

"For [‘for’ means ‘because’] it is GOD [Who? Man? NO! ‘GOD’] which works in you both TO WILL AND TO DO of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).

« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 08:59:26 AM by hillsbororiver »

brothertoall

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 09:02:04 AM »

If and when God does the leading that would be the time to obey. it is all of HIM and after all:

John 15:5  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

bobby

rocky

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 10:21:36 AM »

1Co 9:19  For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

1Co 9:20  And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

1Co 9:21  To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

1Co 9:22  To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

1Co 9:23  And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

1Co 9:24  Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

1Co 9:27  But I keepunder my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

chuckt

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 11:22:47 AM »

hello.

planting seeds and gently sharing is all you can do. one plants one waters but God makes grow.

we cannot win souls for Jesus but this has nothing to do with sharing.

one thing i would suggest is after you recognize it not being recieved then stay away from arguments.

in forum land they will  try and spiritual murder you.

be gentle.patient kind and loving as i know you are, try and stay out of long drawn out arguments with fundies.

peace  and grace

your ol buddy
chuckt... euty :-*

PKnowler

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 11:58:50 AM »

I want to thank you all for replying to my question. It is amazing all the different perspectives you all gave- some things I had not even considered. I really appreciate it! Your replies give me alot to think about in how to go about sharing my faith.
I am so glad to have a place to go with these questions! I love you all! It is nice to
know that I am not alone in this walk.

Blessings, Paula
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 11:59:53 AM by PKnowler »

dogcombat

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 03:07:53 PM »

I would say let Christ show you how to live in Him.  Then, as you live it, you'll have no problem letting your living sermon of His life in you be shared with those whom He has chosen you to share them with.

Ches

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 03:09:46 PM »

Hi Paula.

You wrote :

I haven't been around for awhile so "hi" ya'll. How ya been? If I could jump on in there with a question. I thought this would be a good place to ask. I have been thinking about some things and I am perplexed. Do you think that we should share our revelation of Universal Salvation with others?

I do not think there is anything wrong with sharing our excitement over what we have been shown as long as it is done without wanting to convert or persuade or brow beat anyone. As long as we do not debate, try to show anyone wrong or try to look, or sound superior.

Should we boldly proclaim it?

Here is where the problem lies with boldy proclaiming anything unless you are David running up to Goliath.

Boldly – Collins English Dictionary. Courageous, confident, and fearless; ready to take on risks.

Courage – the power or quality of dealing with or facing danger, fear, pain etc.

So this is not the way to go according to what the scriputures  say……
:)

Or keep it to ourselves?

We are told not to hide our light under a bushel. But remember light does not make any sound. It shows up by contrast......

Should we only share with Christians so we do not make non-Christians stumble and feel no need for Christ?

If we only share with Christians we do the same whether to pagans or to Christians. Christendom is Mystery Babylon out which we were called to come out.

Or does it even really matter if we share with Christians since they are already saved?

I do not believe anyone is saved. Not until Christ returns Heb 9 : 28 Even so it is that Christ, having been offered to take upon Himself and bear as a burden the sins of many once and once for all, will appear a second time, not to carry any burden of sin nor to deal with sin, BUT TO BRING TO FULL SALVATION those who are eagerly, constantly, and patiently waiting for and expecting Him.

At what risk should we acknowledge this hope? The loss of friends?

Yes at the loss of friends and family…..and the discovery of new friends and family in Christ.

Do you think sharing this info with non-Christians would make them put off accepting Christ?

Decidedly yes if you go boldly.   :D No if you are approaching meekly, gently and in the wisdom  way and manner of Christ.

I would like to hear what you all have to say.

Here is an excerpt from LOF Part 15

THE SCRIPTURAL PROCESS OF CONVERSION
The truth of conversion is a simple one, if we believe the Scriptures and don’t try to bring it about by some phantom free will. It is all of God.
How do the Scriptures say we become converted? Does an ounce of "free will" enter into the conversion process according to the Scriptures?
1.   "Or despise you the riches of HIS goodness [‘His goodness;’ not our free will] and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God LEADS [God’s ‘leading’ is the CAUSE] you to repentance?" (Rom. 2:4). Where is the ‘free will’ in this statement? "God LEADS…" is the cause of repentance, not free will.

2.   "No man CAN come to Me, except the Father which has sent Me draw [Gk: ‘drag’] him: and I will raise him up at the last day" (John 6:44). This verse is plain: "No man CAN…" come to Christ of his own will. It is the Father "dragging" him that is the cause of one coming to Christ, not his own supposed free will.

3.   "You have not chosen Me, but I HAVE CHOSEN YOU…" (John 15:16). "I have CHOSEN you…" is the CAUSE and it is by Christ’s will, not man’s will.

4.   "I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith OF the Son of God [not faith ‘IN’ the Son of God, but the very faith ‘OF’ the Son of God—it is His faith, not ours until He gives us some of it] Who loved me, and gave Himself for me" (Gal. 2:20). It is not by the ‘free will’ of our faith that we live, but the by the faith OF Jesus. There is no human free will in all this.

5.   "I am the Vine, ye are the branches: He that abides in Me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit, for without ME YE CAN DO NOTHING" (John 15:5). According to God’s Word, what is it that we can do by our own will? Answer: "NOTHING." It is Christ "IN him" that brings forth much fruit. Man does not bring forth much fruit by his fabled free will.

6.   "And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father" (Phil. 2:11). Is this man’s part in his own salvation? Must man confess that Jesus Christ is his Lord by his OWN FREE WILL, or it will have no real meaning? Is that how this confession is made? Answer: "…no man can say [with his fabled free will] that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit" (I Cor. 12). Do we profess Jesus as our Lord by our own will or by the Holy Spirit? "By the Holy Spirit" is the cause. Our own will is not the cause of our calling Jesus, Lord.

7.   "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that [‘that faith’] not of yourselves [NOT of your own faith or will] it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them" (Eph. 2:8-10).

Are we saved through the faith of our own will? NO. Do we do good works by our own will? NO. It is: God’s faith, God’s gift, God’s Workmanship, God’s creating, God’s ordaining. The cause is "His workmanship," not our own will.
I could go on and on like this for a hundred pages. I could go through the entire Bible proving that all is of God, not of man’s will. It is always God; it is never man’s will that is the first cause of all things. Nowhere in the entirety of the Bible is there anything suggesting that man has a "free will." Man’s will is not free. Man has a will, but it is not free from the causes that make it do what it does.
Millions and millions of times it is stated by the clergy that man must live by his "free will" that God gave him. God never goes against our own free will, we are told. Hogwash!
Since God says we cannot obey Him with our natural mind [our own God-given will], and yet we have much Scriptural proof that God does cause men to do what He wants, then we also have proof that God does go against man’s will, and He does it often.
"For it is God [who? ‘GOD’] which works in you both TO WILL and TO DO of His good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13).
According to Christendom, this verse is a fraud. We are taught that, "It is OUR OWN FREE WILL that works IN us both TO WILL and TO DO of His good pleasure." But no, it is God Who works in us both to will and to do. There is no "free moral agency" at work in this verse of God’s Word or anywhere else, for God’s Word does not contradict. These Scriptures I am giving you are so very simple and so very plan, yet, "Lord, who has believed our report?"

Peace to you

Arcturus  :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 03:31:08 PM by Arcturus »

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 06:12:28 PM »

Hi Paula,

These scriptures jumped out at me when i first was able to see!

KJV
(1Pe 3:15)  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

(1Pe 3:16)  Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

CONCORDANT LITERAL VERSION
(1Pe 3:15)  yet hallow the Lord Christ in your hearts, ever ready with a defense for everyone who is demanding from you an account concerning the expectation in you, but with meekness and fear,

(1Pe 3:16)  having a good conscience, that, in what they are speaking against you as of evildoers, they may be mortified, who traduce your good behavior in Christ."

God Bless You

Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

YellowStone

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2006, 12:55:59 AM »

Hi Paula, :)

This will be short as I am using a handheld. My suggestion is to ask God for both wisdom and courage.

Wisdom, so that you will know what to say and when to say, and courage, to do it.

These are of course God given and he will be with you. God has really helped be recall Scripture when needed; which is something I can never do on my own.

I also believe that proclaiming the truth has a whole lot to do with living it. Others will see by the will of God.

Just my thoughts,

Love,
Darren

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2006, 04:29:27 AM »

Paula,

I guess I can attempt to sum it all up.

Let not your words do your speaking, but let your actions shout aloud the testimony at the Spirit's prompting.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

kennymac

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 05:09:41 AM »

Hello Paula,

I agree with Arcturus I believe he has given you sound advice, I would have answered the same. However we are all distinct and unique individuals and for this reason we will  all handle situations differently.

As a believer in Jesus Christ, as one who has been transferred from darkness into the light, as one who has been set free from slavery to sin, as one who has experienced the love of the lord, chosen to know the truth.... the good news.... how could I ever contain this hidden treasure??? The Spirit of the Lord is within me, I have been anointed to set the captives free, to bring liberty to the oppressed to give sight to the blind, to share the love of the Lord with a dead and dying world.

I feel it is my responsibility to share the truth, in love with no hidden agenda, to all that I cross paths with, just once. I am also convinced that God has brought me into this wonderful, glorious experience for no other reason than to share the Good News. I have shared this message with all types and no one has ever been offended. I don't get involved in discussing doctrine, the way I live my life speaks for it's self and when the opportunity presents, I simply share my experience not knowledge....  my experience of being awakened and filled with a love and a joy that I never knew apart from Christ.

My life is a miracle no longer one of the many walking dead, I have been given life, a heart of flesh, I have an open line of communication with the Lord, I am complete in Christ. I know, that I know, that I know.... He is who He says He is. How can I meet someone and know that they are void of Christ, dead, incomplete, lost, stumbling through this life and not mention Christ, and what He has done for me? I can not. I am in no way considered a religious fanatic by people who I have crossed paths with. As for my Christian acquaintance's still in Babylon at least I know they have heard the truth, that is comforting to me. As knew believers the 1st thing we do is run to a church were we are fed a bunch of lies. I thank God that I stumbled across Ray's teachings and was able to receive the truth.

I am not trying to win souls for Jesus but everyone who knows me will know of Christ simply because He is a part of me, the best part of me.

I can not bury my treasure, it is so beautiful, so precious, it is the power of God to salvation for all men, a word that gives life to the dead. Again we are all unique individuals with our own style, I love sharing Gods word with others, I feel it is the most loving deed I could ever do for another individual. If I sense they are going to be uptight than I know to redirect the conversation, but that has not been my experience most people like to talk about God and I let them talk about their God and I just keep sharing truths a little here a little there.

I also believe the scriptures reveal that the disciples where certainly sharing the gospel. God is using His people to deliver His message, yes it has all been predetermined everyone will be saved, God is right now speaking through his people we are a part of the plan. I've seen lives healed because I have shared.

6 Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

I press forward to obtain the high calling of God, to be a priest of God and reign with Christ. I have always thought that those who are chosen will be revealing Christ, until all have been converted in the ages to come.

God bless,
Kennymac

psalmsinger

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 10:25:48 AM »

Hello Friends,
It would be easy to say that I am a member of the church that is built without hands by the One "......Who is the Saviour of all men, especially of those that believe", but no one asks me if or where I go to church anymore.  If they did, I probably wouldn't remember any statement that I have absolute hope in unless His Holy Spirit guides my tongue.  He will teach us what to say when we interact with His other children.  We will only say what is needful and I fully believe that it is needful to spread the really Good News when led.  Thanks for all the encouraging emails you send to the forum.  His mercy, grace, love, peace and patience be with you all. :)

Barbara

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 11:43:05 AM »

Paula

Just one other thing to mention….

It is always a good thing to check our motives. Are we living by the law or in freedom of Christ? Are we striving with God to prove that we are worthy or are we accepting that we can do nothing without Him and should depend on HIS worthiness for our salvation? Are we trying to make ourselves feel better by doing good deeds to appease an unsettled conscience, uncertainty in ourselves or self doubt or are our eyes and dependence on Christ and on Him alone?  Are we accepting that Christ is our High Priest and font of all forgiveness, source of God who is love and King of all Glory that He shares with His co-equal heirs? If there is any pride in our motives or any self reliance or self motivation or self seeking, then we could do well to reflect on the following scriputre.

Rev 20 : 12,13…..And the dead were judged, sentenced by  what they had done, their whole WAY OF FEELING and ACTING, their AIMS and endeavours in accordance with what was recorded in the books. 13.  and ALL were tried and their cases determined by what they had done according to their MOTIVE, AIMS and WORKS…..

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

mari_et_pere

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »

I say this from experience. Our beliefs can cause major division in our personal relationships. My wife believes the more "standard" and mainline teaching of salvation by choice, hell fire, yada yada yada. I tried to tell her what I believe is the truth and a huge argument ensued. For this reason I'll say this: don't force the issue. That's not to say keep quiet, never say it, keep it secret, for that's not what the Word says to do. We're told to proclaim the truth. However, it doesn't say force the issue, fight and argue about it until everyone's angry at each other.

I'd suggest saying it once, or having one discussion about it, then drop it. If they want to know or ask more, they surely will. All of that is in God's hands.

M@tt

PKnowler

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2006, 10:14:05 PM »

Hi ya'll this has been an awesome thread! It has been a meaty discussion and I need some time to go through and look at what ya'll said and give reply but with the Holiday's I'm kinda stretched- so bear with me. I will get back to you... Thank's for taking the time to reply to my question!

Happy Holidays!

Blessings, Paula  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 22 queries.