bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Satan: A biography.  (Read 7522 times)

Prosizz

Satan: A biography.
« on: December 22, 2006, 03:40:58 PM »

Hi All,

I was listening to a radio talk-show this AM in Canada called the Current on CBC. The first half hour the host had a guest by the name  Henry Ansgar Kelly. He wrote a book called Satan: A Biography. What he said in that short half hour seemed to resonate with what Ray has been saying about Satan.

Has anyone heard of Him and the book or read it? I may buy the book to read but I wanted to see if anyone has a opinion about the author and the book first.

Thanks.

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Satan: A biography.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 05:17:19 PM »

Hello Prosizz

In my experience, once I have been reading something that at first :  seemed to resonate with what Ray has been saying about ...anything....I soon find out that it is not what Ray is saying about ANYTHING because I soon find some form of malfunction in the thinking of the author.  >:(

Also, Ray does not sell his work because freely he has recieved and freely he gives. I know this for a fact.  ;D

Should make one think.....shouldn't it!  Also I have found no purer version of scripture and the mysteries of God in His word than I have discovered in Bible Truths. I do not applaud the man Ray Smith....I simply show forth his fruits of the indwelling Spirit of Christ IN Him. Freely... the man, Ray Smith.... has recieved, and freely the Spirit is giving through him..... 8)

So why buy any lies?...or half truths....?  I don't know....The oasis is here.... :D

I am not trying to manipulate you in any way  so please do not get me wrong.   :) Maybe you have to do some comparative studies for yourself in which case you will be caused to go get that book :D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

mari_et_pere

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2006, 02:32:34 PM »

I've never heard of this author, but as far as Ray Smith being the ONLY man on the planet with the Truth, I have to regretfully disagree with you there. He's one of a kind much like everyone else is, but not the ONLY source of Truth. I'm not taking away from him, just making point!

M@tt

Prosizz

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 03:30:31 PM »

Arcturus, I understand your point. This author is an academic, an english professor in some Univeristy in Los Angels and what he was saying was of some interest to me. So I will look for the book and read it. I am always searching and the more confirmation I have of the truth Ray dispensate, the more affirm I will be in my belief and the more I will be equip for work.

I will let you know my thoughts on the book once I buy it and read it.

Remain bless.

YellowStone

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »

I agree with M@tt,

Ray has a definite handle on the truth, but to say that he has the ONLY handle is foolish to the extreme.

Every fool will have his moment; why even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

I think a better answer would have been: "All understanding comes from God, does Henry Ansgar Kelly understanding align itself totally with God's Word? (We must also ask this of Ray) Does the Holy Scripture support his words or not.

I would also like to agree with Prosizz, I have found truth in the most unlikely places; just as I have found lies and deciet. The strength of my faith and understanding can pnly be measure if tested and I do not doubt for a moment that Prosizz's faith will be strengthened with or without  Henry Ansgar Kelly  and his book, if it is God's plan to have it so.

Love,
Darren

deejcop

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 05:02:15 PM »

Hmmm...I read Arcturus's post five times(To make sure if I  missed something), and not once did I read, nor could deduct, that he said that Ray was the "only man on the planet with the truth." I'll try reading it again, maybe there's something wrong with my eyes....

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 05:04:56 PM »

Hello Prosizz

You wrote : I will let you know my thoughts on the book once I buy it and read it

You will not have to worry to come back to me on this one.  :D........I can think of better things to do with $65 !

I have done my research on the book you are planning to puchase and its author Henry Ansgar Kelly.

I have found nothing remotely similar between L Ray Smith and Henry Ansgar Kelly. Maybe it struck you that there is a similarity. I have not found one though between the central doctrin that Kelly is supporting. In fact I could not find anyone more polar opposite to Ray!

Compare LOF part 9 that radically  contrasts  the assertions of Kelly  who is postulating  "The rise and fall of Lucifer~" and  " Fallen Angels" in the book you plan to purchase.....

While  Kelly's worldly credentials and CV are most "impressive"..... I will stick with the roofer!....Ray's credentials for me far out weigh the wisdom of the world................. :)

Peace to you

Arcturus  :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 05:15:37 PM »

Hello deejcop

You observed :Hmmm...I read Arcturus's post five times(To make sure if I  missed something), and not once did I read, nor could deduct, that he said that Ray was the "only man on the planet with the truth." I'll try reading it again, maybe there's something wrong with my eyes....

I went back to re-read my post and I couldn't find it either! :D  I have found non better than Ray the roofer though...the Ray of Gods own light is what I call him!

Peace to you

YellowStone

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2006, 05:52:13 PM »

Guys and Gals, :)

The last thing I want to get into is a "He said, She said" debate.

However, we should never, ever assume that anyone should know what is meant, instead of what is said. I am only posting this as a reminder to us all and I am in no way accusing anyone of anything; rather I want to explain the basis for my understanding.

Please let me explain:

Prosizz wrote:

I may buy the book to read but I wanted to see if anyone has a opinion about the author and the book first.

Arcturus responded:

Also I have found no purer version of scripture and the mysteries of God in His word than I have discovered in Bible Truths. I do not applaud the man Ray Smith....I simply show forth his fruits of the indwelling Spirit of Christ IN Him. Freely... the man, Ray Smith.... has recieved, and freely the Spirit is giving through him.....

So why buy any lies?...or half truths....?  I don't know....The oasis is here....

Arcturus, I apologize to you if I misread your words; however in my mind, your reference to "So why buy any lies" was to the book that Prosizz wrote about. My question to you is: Do you know that it is full of lies and half truth? For that matter is a half truth worse than no truth, which of course differs from person to person. Why? Because all understanding of truth is given by God. Even Jesus spoke in parables so that the masses would not understand.

Lastly, your mention of: "the oasis is here..." led me to think that you meant that bible-truths is the only oasis. Not that I am saying it is not, for what do I know, but then I do not know God's plans.

So to all reading this, I hope no one is offended for it is not my wish to do so.

Love to all in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 05:55:32 PM by YellowStone »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2006, 06:13:29 PM »

Hello Darren

You ask :  My question to you is: Do you know that it is full of lies and half truth?

Yes I believe it is. The central theme of the book in question postulates the fall of Lucifer which is a Hoax!....so are fallen angels.  Ref LOF part 9 and yes I have done my homework and research regarding the teachings offered by this author.

Half truth, no truth and parables are three different things like apples, oranges and pears.

My reference "why buy lies" was to the book that is advertised at $65......I'd prefer to buy apples oranges and pears and make a delicious fruit salad!....and no I am not offended.

Peace to you...

« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 06:15:11 PM by Arcturus »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2006, 06:21:09 PM »

We have all that we need to discern truth and that is God's words and those that he has placed on the face of this earth to resonate with truth and to present that truth in an uncompromising way such as Ray.

I am saying this from experienace.  I thought that truth lied in things outside the bible.  Yes there are great spiritual principles and great applications elsewhere, yet the truth only comes from God's Word.  I went and got another writing the Kabballa and read it.  I have since struggled to get back to the point of where I was before I picked up the book.

My friend exhorted me not to read it becuase it would only confuse and cause a stumbling block.  Boy was she right.  I am exhorting you to read the bible and prayerfully consider what it says and not to stumble by looking at others writings.

It took me about  2 monthes to get over the stumbling block.  I would hate to see someone like you who is fired up about the truth to lose your passion or stumble.

Please in no way am I telling you what to do.  You are free to hold your opinion and to do what you want.  I exhort you to be in prayerful consideration before going to buy this book or anything like it.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

YellowStone

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2006, 06:25:18 PM »

Arcturus

Would you believe that you made no mention of knowing the book was fool of lies in your original response. :)

Arcturus, please know that I am not defending this guy or any other. It's just that we need always becareful using such dogmatic assertions. :)

But thanks for your research.

I love Fruit Salad, especially with dollops of whipped cream. :)

Thanks,

Darren :)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2006, 06:31:14 PM »

It's got to have lots and lots and cherries and strawberries in it.  And throw in some frozen peaches and my friends you have a fruit salad.  I am getting hungry.

;D ;D ;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2006, 06:35:07 PM »

Hello Darren

I enjoyed Annes responce straight from the heart. May I be your double witness Anne? :D

Darren God's PLAN is 2 Tim 4 : 3,4 For the time is coming when people will not tolerate, endure sound and wholesome instruction, but, having ears itching for something pleasing and gratifying, they will gather to themselves one teacher after another to a considerable number, chosen to satisfy their own liking and to foster the errors they hold. 4. And will turn aside from hearing the truth and wander off into myths and man-made fictions.

Kelly uses many "Myths" and also refers to the Apocrapha and in particular the so called book of Enoch.....

This is God's plan.... not His will. His WILL is that we will all come to the knowldege of the truth!

I also love cherries! and litchies and mangoes! ;D

Peace to you

YellowStone

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2006, 06:42:11 PM »

Anne, you wrote:

"Yes there are great spiritual principles and great applications elsewhere, yet the truth only comes from God's Word. "

This is a very powerful statement and I would like to make a couple of comments.

After reading the following scripture, do you think that the truth about God is contained ONLY in his word or 'by' God's Word?

Rom 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

I would like to mention also that many of the damnedest heresies come straight from the Holy Scripture, God's Word. Should we be surprised at this? The teachings of Hell Fire and eternal punishment are all taken straight from the Bible. The words are not lacking but understanding is.

It is God and Christ who grants understanding and without it, the words are as nothing.

Luk 8:10
  • And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Luk 24:45
  • Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Jhn 8:43
  • Why do ye not understand my speech? [even] because ye cannot hear my word.

I for one always "wanted" to believe in God, I read the Scriptures but the words were hollow. I know this now after God led (dragged) me to Bible-Truths, because the same words now have meaning and substance, all by the grace and will of God.

Kind of adds special meaning to Romans 1:20 don't you think. :)

Man, I must of woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...... :)

Love in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 07:58:20 PM by YellowStone »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 06:56:03 PM »

Hello Darren

You wrote : the damnedest heresies come straight from the Holy Scripture, God's Word. WOW are you going to tell God that!  No....NO NO Darren the damnedest heresies do not come from God they come from the " arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the true knowledge of God....." 2 Cor 10 : 5

You observe ; The teachings of Hell Fire and eternal punishment are all taken straight from the Bible.

The teachings of Hell Fire and eternal punishment are all taken straight out of paganism and they are re-produced in mis-translations that have been exceptionally refuted and led captive to  the obedience of Christ in LOF teachings that expose the heresy of Hell and eternity. LOF teachings of course as shown on Bible Truths Ray Smith!

Peace to you

« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 06:58:21 PM by Arcturus »

YellowStone

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 07:22:37 PM »

I am enjoying this, perhaps it should be off line but I think we are covering some very interesting ground.

Let me respond to you 2nd statement first:

The teachings of Hell Fire and eternal punishment are all taken straight out of paganism and they are re-produced in mis-translations that have been exceptionally refuted and led captive to  the obedience of Christ in LOF teachings that expose the heresy of Hell and eternity. LOF teachings of course as shown on Bible Truths Ray Smith!

Exactly!!  Ray uses and refutes the King James version of the bible for it's short commings. However, would you go as far as removing it's Holy Scripture title. Millions of people use such translations, albeit poor translations as their only source of understanding. Remember, God grants understanding, we do not earn it nor have it without him.

Now back to your first point:

Hello Darren

You wrote : the damnedest heresies come straight from the Holy Scripture, God's Word. WOW are you going to tell God that!  No....NO NO Darren the damnedest heresies do not come from God they come from the " arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the true knowledge of God....." 2 Cor 10 : 5

Arcturus, I will stand by my statement, just as long as I believe the King James is God's Word or Holy Scripture. Is it perfect, of course not. I know that now, but not then, and yes, those hell fire heresies I read myself. The Scripture you posted is perfect, because without "understanding" I believed everything I read verbatim and any " arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the true knowledge of God....." :)

Do you see where I am going with this. I never once said or implied that God's Holy Scripture is in itself a lie and heretic in nature. I merely stated that it contains everything that Satan and pompous man and his would be wisdom can use to defame God. I know that now, not then. Would I tell God this. Of course, because he knows all things already. He knows and knew his Word would not be understood by the masses, hence my previous post of Scripture to prove this:

Luk 8:10 - And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Luk 24:45 - Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

Jhn 8:43 - Why do ye not understand my speech? [even] because ye cannot hear my word.

Surely God knows why it took me 40 years to find the truth, it is because he with held it.

So Arcturus, I believe this debate has run its course. I do not believe that we are on apposing sides. I love you and enjoy reading your posts, so let us part as valued friends. :)

Love to you in Christ,
Darren :)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 08:37:49 PM »

Arcturus,

Yes.  I would be honored to have you as a second witness.  ;D  I would agree that the heresies come from man.  And man who has an ulterior motive such as power and control would continue to propogate the heresy of Hell and tithing.

Darren,

Thanks for posting the second follow-up post.  I thought that was what you meant orginally.  Good post orginally.  I like where this topic is taking us.  I wonder what else we will learn from it.

Ya'll have a great week.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Prosizz

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2006, 08:48:04 PM »

Listen guys, I did not mean to stir up the pot when I asked your opinion in this matter. Arcturus the book is $19.00. I will read it whenever I can buy it and decide for myself. Thanks for worrying for me though. One more thing, when I decided to read Ray's materials, the response of my In-Laws are quite the same as yours after they have visited Ray's site and read few lines. To this date, they will not even read a whole paper and measure it with scriptures.

I was able, by God's grace to discern truths from heresies and compare people's assertions to scriptures, the same method I use when I was reading Bibletruths.com

Remain bless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 17 queries.