bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaking with Authority  (Read 3784 times)

aktikt

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Speaking with Authority
« on: April 03, 2006, 03:23:31 PM »

This weekend I went to a birthday party at a house of a friend I never had been to before.  There was a little white dog there that was surprisingly vicious.  I like dogs and was trying to approach it in a way that I could pet it.  It did not want to let me pet it though and it started to pace around.  

Finally, after I started to back away from it,  the dog beared it's teeth at me and looked like it was getting ready to bite me.  So, I darted away from it but it followed me.  Finally, I raised my voice and called out No!  The dog immediately drew back and stopped chasing me.  I was surprised by the authority in which I spoke and the quick reaction of the dog in ceasing.

Consider these verses.  

Mark 4:39
And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.  

John 18:6
As soon then as he had said unto them, I am [he], they went backward, and fell to the ground.

The creation recognizes the authority of Jesus and submits when Jesus demands it.  Another proof that there is no free will.
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

ertsky

Speaking with Authority
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 06:34:28 PM »

nice one aktikt

years ago when i was a churchgoing lad i used to walk to an early morning prayer meeting (before sunrise) and there was this one little brown dog up the street that would lie in wait for me and then run out and nip at my ankles in the predawn gloom.

after it had got me a few mornings, i took a broom handle along with me and made like tiger woods (an hilarious sight, swing, miss, swing, hit, swing, miss, like ertsky the barbarian slayer of dogs). needless to say the little brown dog was no match for the broom handle, but to it's credit it never gave up, it would just wait for me to go past and then run out and nip at the back of my heels. LOL! this dog was a psychopath, it was one foot high and two foot long but hassled everyone, i saw it bailing someone up down town once, i wouldn't be surprised if it had to be destroyed.

f
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.