bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pottery  (Read 4982 times)

chuckt

pottery
« on: December 23, 2006, 09:10:21 AM »

hello all.

as an artist i find it quit intrigueing how clay pots are made.

well first the clay must be ""purchased""

anyway look for the spiritual in the artical.

http://www.howtomakepottery.com/

« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 09:12:30 AM by chuckt »

Deborah-Leigh

Re: pottery
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 12:43:51 PM »

Hello Chuckt

That was very good!...subliminal reading between the lines God the potter and we the clay....

I enjoyed this part ...Quote......Our pug mile was made for us by a local company, Moonlight Manufacturing. This machine is made with two counter-rotating screw augers....( I have been throughcircumstances just like this!    ... :D )   which take the clay we feed into the hopper and mix it thoroughly, then push it through a single 3" outlet pipe,(Oh how often....even now it seems...!)[/color] accomplishing basically the same action as hand wedging. A good pug mill such as this forces almost all the air out of the clay. (Some more elaborate pug mills have vacuum pumps to try and remove every last bit of air.)......... I can recall being in just such a situation not once, not twice but many times my life has felt like this until I have come to understand that my breath is not keeping me alive.....God's breath is :D.... God can do anything with us  ;D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

chuckt

Re: pottery
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 10:11:33 AM »

Hello Chuckt

That was very good!...subliminal reading between the lines God the potter and we the clay....

I enjoyed this part ...Quote......Our pug mile was made for us by a local company, Moonlight Manufacturing. This machine is made with two counter-rotating screw augers....( I have been throughcircumstances just like this!    ... :D )   which take the clay we feed into the hopper and mix it thoroughly, then push it through a single 3" outlet pipe,(Oh how often....even now it seems...!)[/color] accomplishing basically the same action as hand wedging. A good pug mill such as this forces almost all the air out of the clay. (Some more elaborate pug mills have vacuum pumps to try and remove every last bit of air.)......... I can recall being in just such a situation not once, not twice but many times my life has felt like this until I have come to understand that my breath is not keeping me alive.....God's breath is :D.... God can do anything with us  ;D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

hello friend!.

yes its very interesting, wedging is like   kneeding, getting the clay ready.
and then i like the part about the fire and glaze, wont we all have a differebt kind of "shine"
after we go thru the fire?

happy holidays to all and God bless
chuckt
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.