bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What would you say?  (Read 4360 times)

PKnowler

What would you say?
« on: December 24, 2006, 01:40:49 AM »

what would you say if someone asked you this question and you knew they seriously meant it?

"Will I still go to Heaven when I kill myself?"

Someone has asked this question!!!

Thanks, Paula

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: What would you say?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 02:02:18 AM »

Paula,

Oh my goodness, this must be very hard for you to go through if someone has asked this or said this.

There are two viewpoints which need to be addressed.  Let's go for the spiritual since that is the easiest one to address.  Simply stated say what the Spirit is prompting you to say.  I am not sure if this person believes as you do, but God knows the best things that this person needs to hear. 

The second viewpoint is if you know this person is seriously considering suicide, have you considered getting help for them?  If they have come out and told you that they are suicidal they need to be in a setting that is safe for them and will help them through this tought time.  If they cannot stand up for themselves to get help, then please prayerfully consider what I am saying and to decide whether you need to pursue them getting help.

I speak these things as one who has struggled with suicide in my past.  At that time, I did not want to hear about heaven or hell or any beliefs.  I needed help.  At the time I did not believe in God or heaven.  And I know looking back if I knew that there was a heaven I would have gone and committed suicide.  I really do not think that it would be beneficial in asnwering this person's questions.  I would exhort you to talk one on one with this person and come up with some ways to solve this problem without resorting to suicide.  If this cannot be met, then I would doubly exhort you to seek help for this person.  Theology is not important here, a human life is at stake.  There should be no peace about comitting suicide.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you are looking for but this is what is on my heart to say.  I shall be praying for you and the person who is contemplating this.  Be supportive of them but do not be sucked down in this emotional chaos.

Keep us updated on this one.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

TimothyVI

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 08:24:32 AM »

The immediate need for help,and not an answer to the question, is boldly stated in the question itself.
The person said "when I kill myself" not if I kill myself.

I am praying this very minute for this individual. I do not know them, but God does.

Tim

eskimojerry

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 09:25:01 AM »

Sometime before my nephew committed suicide, i came upon Ray's writings. Thank God! I learned one of the greatest revelations relevant to me. It is that dead people are DEAD. And that, all death is the same. Its like a no brainer, duh.

But the bottomline is yes, you will end up in heaven, after judgement.

God is with you.

jerry

brothertoall

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2006, 09:41:30 AM »

Pray very hard! Be a friend to them. Talk with them and listen to everything they have to say. Take them out to lunch or dinner,call them daily and love them with all the love that God can show them through you. Show them and make them a very important part of your life.

bobby

PKnowler

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2006, 01:27:38 PM »

Thank you for your replies. I must say that I do not know the person that asked this question. They have posted this on a Christian forum. While I would like to say something to help them the question is also relevant to me because someone very close to me has expressed the desire to commit suicide in the past on several occasions. It is as if she falls into a pit at times and can't get out even though I try to help. I do think it is a chemical disorder in the brain that causes such depression. I try and encourage and exhort her in the Lord but it doesn't seem to help. I fear for her during those times!

In my last question about sharing UR one of the reasons I asked is because I am a little concerned about sharing this message with her when she is well because I don't want her to turn to it as a resort when she is sick and think that she will go to heaven anyway so why not end it.

Hey guys I'm sorry to bring up this depressing topic on the Holiday's. I am concerned for the person who posted this question though. Pray for him!

Thanks
~Paula

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2006, 04:58:41 PM »

Paula,

We will keep him in our prayers.  Naw, don't apologize for the topic choice.  Things come up when things need to be discussed.  Have a great week.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 23 queries.