bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have a question  (Read 4337 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

I have a question
« on: December 24, 2006, 02:37:45 AM »

To all,

Good morning.  I wanted to post this question.  I know that Ray has probably written about this, but I am not sure where to begin.

I am sure you all are familiar with this Scripture.  You know where it says that those that are not in the Lamb's book of life that they are thrown in darkness.  2 questions. 1.  I thought that we were all in the book of Life and 2. what darkness is it talking about?  It cannot be talking about hell becuase there is no hell.  Is this talking about the judgement that non-believers face upon this earth.  I am a little confused.

If there are written papers or e-mails that pertain to this question please post the URL's in your replies and I will go and read.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
Re: I have a question
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 05:25:51 AM »

Hi Anne,

You asked 2 questions Anne the first being:

1.  I thought that we were all in the book of Life and

Well, i believe the scriptures shows us that only those IN Him are in the Book of Life. Those who have recognised the beast (in themselves) and God in them is creating a new man. One who doesn't desire or worship the things of the flesh. Paul said:

Phi 4:3)  And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.

and in Revelation:

((Rev 3:5)  He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Those that worship the beast (who do not have Christ in them, who are of the world):

(Rev 13:8)  And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Your 2nd question

2. what darkness is it talking about?

Those who don't have Christ in them are in DARKNESS. We have light:

(Rom 2:19)  And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
(Rom 2:20)  An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.

(Rom 13:12)  The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

(2Co 4:6)  For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

(Eph 5:8)  For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

(1Pe 2:9)  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

(1Jo 2:11)  But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

(1Jo 2:8)  Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

Hope this helps Anne
Your Sister in Christ

Sandie x
Walk in the Spirit

Kat

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 12:25:23 PM »

Hi Anne,

Your question.

2. what darkness is it talking about?  It cannot be talking about hell becuase there is no hell.  Is this talking about the judgement that non-believers face upon this earth.

I believe that it is talking about the judgment of non-believers.
As I was looking at this in scripture, it was accompanied by the phrase, 'weeping and gnashing of teeth. 

Mat 8:12  But the sons of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Mat 22:13  Then the king said to the servants, Bind him hand and foot and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

This being cast into outer darkness and the weeping and gnashing of teeth, is spoken of by Christ in a few of His parables, this one I think shows the meaning of it.

Luk 13:23  And one said to Him, Lord, are the ones being saved few? And He said to them,
v.24  Strive to enter in at the narrow gate. For I say to you, many will seek to enter in and shall not be able.
v.25  And once the Master of the house has risen up and has shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us, and He shall answer and say to you, I do not know you; from where are you;
v.26  then you shall begin to say, We ate and drank in Your presence, and You have taught in our streets.
v.27  But He shall say, I tell you, I do not know you; from where you are. Depart from Me, all workers of unrighteousness!
v.28  There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you will see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and yourselves being thrust out.

So in this parable Christ is talking about the few that enter the kingdom, this would be at His return. The rest will go to the great white throne judgement - the second death and there are some locked out or cast into outer darkness.

Rev 21:7  He who overcomes will inherit all things, and I will be his God, and he will be My son.
v.8  But the fearful, and the unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, will have their part in the Lake burning with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.

Of course they will all be saved  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:12:32 AM by Kat »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2006, 12:52:29 PM »

Kat,

That's what I was leaning towards as well. That was the only thing that made sense at the time.

Sandie,

Thanks for your post.  It was really helpful.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.