bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lambs book of life and the book of life  (Read 6699 times)

kennymac

Lambs book of life and the book of life
« on: December 27, 2006, 02:06:30 AM »

Hello,

I have a couple of questions concerning the book of life and the lambs book of life. It appears that they are 2 seperate books.

Revelation 20:12And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

Revelation 20:15 If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

These verses tell us there is not one book but books  and the dead are judged according to what is recorded in the book of life. It also states, if your name does not appear in the book of life you are cast into the lake of fire. The passages clearly state, if your name is in the book of life you will be judged, if your name is not in the book of life you will be cast into the lake of fire.

Revelation 21:27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Revelation 13:8All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast—all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation of the world.

These scriptures tell us that only those written in the lambs book of life will enter the holy city, Jeruselum and that all people will worship the beast unless their name is written in the lambs book of life.I just want to be sure I am seeing this correctly, I was taught if your name was found in the book of life you would enter the holy city, but that is not what the scriptures seem to be saying.

Revelation 17:8The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and will come up out of the Abyss and go to his destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because he once was, now is not, and yet will come.

God has given me no revelation of the meaning of Rev 17:8 I would greatly appreciate any insight that you might have especialy the meaning of because he once was, now is not, and yet will come

Thank you in advance for any help that you are able to offer ;D

Kennymac

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Lambs book of life and the book of life
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 02:21:39 AM »

Kenny,

I wanted to say that I was wondering the same thing the other day.  Me and my friend Susan was discussing this.  I was going to post this as a question but never got around it.  Thanks so much for posting this.  I will eargerly await the answers and sit back and learn with you as replies are posted to this thread.

Sorry that I could not give you any help on this one, I am a newbie on this topic.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Kat

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 11:22:24 AM »

Hi kennymac,

I could remember that Ray had covered this, so I looked it up for you  :)

http://bible-truths.com/lake8.html -----------------------------------------------------

THE CHURCH IN SARDIS

(5)

"He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment [Christ’s righteousness in His saints, Rev. 19:9 vs. Phil. 3:9]; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life" (Rev. 3:5).

That’s CHRIST! Jesus Christ IS "The Book of Life!" This is not a literal, physical book with names written on pages of paper. No indeed, this is not merely "the book of life," this is the book OF SOMEONE’S LIFE! Whose life? Let’s read it and believe:

"And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him [Satan, the dragon, the devil, the serpent], whose names are not written in THE BOOK OF THE [‘the’ is in the Greek manuscripts] LIFE OF THE LAMB [THAT’S CHRIST] slain from the foundation of the world" (Rev. 13:8)!

Your "name" (that’s YOU, your name IS WHO AND WHAT YOU ARE), YOU must be "IN CHRIST," Who IS LIFE, or your name is "not written in the book of life."

Oh how much we lose when translators both translate and interpret wrongly. I realize that this was not intentional, however, it was wrong of them to leave out the article "the" in this verse, as it is IN the Greek manuscripts. It is not merely "the book of life … of the Lamb," but rather, "the book of … the life of the Lamb!" WOW! What a difference a simple three letter article makes in the meaning of this most profound verse! This book is not merely a list of the names of the saints in alphabetical order or by chronological number. The "book of life" is the book of SOMEONE’S life—Jesus Christ’s LIFE!

Oh that we would have ears to SPIRITUALLY hear:

"Therefore if any man be IN Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new" (II Cor. 5:17).

This is the new, converted, believer’s life "IN Christ." And when God comes to judge the world, we will have no fear of judgment for we are being judged now "IN Christ." Highlight this verse in your Bibles:

"And we have known and believed the love that God has to us. God is love; and He that dwells in love dwells IN GOD, and GOD IN HIM. Herein is your love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: BECAUSE [get ready; here it comes…] As He [Jesus Christ] IS [right now, this minute] SO ARE WE in this world" (I John 4:17).

And just how is that?

We just read it—because we live IN CHRIST, and Christ lives IN US!!! Our names are written in "the book of THE LIFE OF THE LAMB" only if WE TOO LIVE "THE life OF the Lamb," IN THE LAMB! "Abide in Me, and I in you" (John 15:4). I pray for God to give you spiritual eyes to see these grand Truths that have been hid from the blinded eyes of the Church today.

A stern warning: How many does Jesus say through His Spirit, will He "…not blot out his name out of the book of life?" Let’s read it:

"Thou has A FEW names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and shall walk with Me in white: for they are worthy" (Rev. 3:4).

Dear readers it is always, just the FEW who will be in Christ in His glory in the first resurrection. All of the rest, ALL of them, will come up in the Second Resurrection, and white throne judgment with its "lake of fire and second death."

I feel it necessary to show you just how sobering our Lord’s statement to the churches really is. Not many escaped the flood that came on the world in Noah’s day because the thoughts of men were only evil continually,

"…while the ark was a preparing, wherein FEW, that is, eight souls were saved…" (I Pet. 3:20).

Are things better now? NO, Paul said things would get worse AND WORSE.

"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and FEW there be that find it" (Matt. 7:14).

"So the last shall be first, and the first last: and many be called, but FEW chosen" (Matt. 20:16).

"For many are called, but FEW are chosen" (Matt. 22:14).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

P.S. I would like to tell you a way to search Ray's site that I learned about resently.
Go to any article of Ray's, hold down the Ctrl key, then hit the 'f' key and a box will appear at the top of the page, you may put a word or phrase in the box and it will find it  :)

« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 11:35:57 AM by Kat »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 11:43:44 AM »

Kat,

Now that search button thingie is way too cool.  Thanks for sharing.  I sure will be making pretty good use of that feature.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

iris

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 12:14:28 PM »

Great post Kat!!  :o

Every time I go over Ray's material, I can see things clearer and clearer.

Thanks for sharing.  :)

Iris

kennymac

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 12:40:40 PM »

Kat,

Thanks for the post and the secret, I am sure it will come in handy.

God bless,

kennymac

kennymac

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 01:24:39 PM »

Hello,

It strange to see how I twisted the scripture. In my post I wrote

The scriptures clearly states, if your name is in the book of life you will be judged, if your name is not in the book of life you will be cast into the lake of fire.

The scriptures do not say that, what they do say is:  the dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

There is a big difference between the books, and the book of life.

Sorry about that folks.

God bless,

Kennymac

gedeon

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 01:26:40 PM »

This chapter is about the woman (the false church) and the beast (  i believe the holy roman empire) I dont agree with ray on the beast within you, The whole chapter speaks about fallen empires and one final one will rise up in the last days before Christ  I believe it is Babylon  the great,  the worlds system we are told to come out of. History tells of these empires and there will be a final one.  The book of daniel is also full of the prophecy of this empire that once was, is not now,  but will come in the final days.  If it is not ok to differ from ray in his beliefs on this site I'll understand if this is not posted.

DWIGHT

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 02:24:54 PM »

KENNYMAC,

Don't feel bad about not seeing that in the scriptures, I did'nt either.  I've read that paper twice and because you pointed it out, it finally sunk in.  Thanks Kat for finding that and for the lesson on the Ctrl key.  I just thank God for this forum because it takes all of us to see because we are part of His Body.  I'm glad we don't have to go on this journey alone anymore.  Praise God!

Dwight,

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 03:12:28 PM »

Amen to that Dwight.  I am so glad we are NOT along anymore.   Thanks brothers and sisters for making my walk much sweeter.  :)

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

andrevan

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 08:37:28 AM »

Hi Kennymac

It's great to see the scriptures become clearer.

The books contains all our works, while the book of the life of the Lamb have the names of the elect written in it.
Thanks for raising this question, as it's refreshed my memory on this topic.

God bless.  :)
Andrevan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 17 queries.