bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Raised a spiritual body?  (Read 4262 times)

nightmare sasuke

Raised a spiritual body?
« on: April 03, 2006, 08:38:49 PM »

I realize that after the resurrection Jesus was a spiritual body, and I believe we can all agree on that:

"It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body" (1Co 15:44).

However, my question is this: was Christ's body (flesh and blood) raised and then changed into a spiritual body, or did he get an entirely new body and his old one was destroyed, or something?

Notice 1Co 15:44 says "raised" a spiritual body. Obviously the body must be raised. Then what? It's changed into a spiritual body, I'd say, because:

"In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" (1Co 15:52).

The dead must be raised before being changed, which leads me to believe that the bodies are indeed raised but then converted into spiritual bodies.

"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt" (Dan 12:2).

It says out of the dust of the Earth, which further leads me to believe that Jesus' body was indeed resurrected, but changed into a spiritual body afterwards.

From what I can tell, Ray believes Jesus’ body was not raised AT ALL. The Jehovah Witnesses also believe this. However, from what I’ve read, I think it makes more sense that it was raised but changed afterwards. What do the rest of you think?

bobf

Raised a spiritual body?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 03:43:17 AM »

I agree with you though I'm not sure exactly what Ray believes.  Here is another reason.

Acts 2

29 Men [and] brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand.

The fact that David was BURIED and still in his GRAVE was given as proof that David was not resurrected.  Therefore David's body will not be in his grave when he is raised.

And flesh & blood can not inherit the kingdom of God.  It is sown a natural body and raised a spiritual body.  Corruption will put on incorruption.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 20 queries.