bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "IN THE DAY OF THE GREAT SLAUGHTER" - When the towers Fell - What did you think?  (Read 18637 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

Hi to All,

This was such an awesome paper.  What are your thought on it.  I had revelation after revelation while reading it. 

I came away knowing that the political stance of America does not make sense and it seems that there is no logic in it, I am now rest assured that is was pre-ordained and God is in control.  What a blessing that I do not have to worry about the End days or what is going on.

Please share what you all thought.  This looks to become a great thread.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member

That day when I watched the WTC attack on live TV, I immediately thought that this was the start of a new political period. I was right. Only months after, the US invaded Afghanistan and started the "war on terror". Mr. Bush said that those who were not with the US, were against them. My country, Norway, was (at least officially) among the nations on the "with us"-list. What else could we do? For half a century Europe had been dependent on "Uncle Sam" protecting us from the Soviet Union.

The subject of this paper could easily be applied to the whole Western world, not just the USA. On the other hand, I think we must first of all apply the Scriptures on a personal level, and try to let the events in the world as a whole take care of themselves. As a paper calling us to repentance it sure served it's purpose. God help us apply this in our lives.
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Rene

• Administrator

Hi Anne,

Yes, this paper was awesome and sobering as you and Kat stated.  What a powerful reminder of the God we serve and His judgment and sovereignty!  It is fear inspiring.

The pictures continue to be a vivid reminder of a dark, sad, day in our life.  I am all the more thankful for being blessed with spiritual sight and understanding, as well as feeling incredibly humbled.

The history on the settling of Manhattan was also interesting to me.

Peace, love, and His grace to you all.

Rene'

YellowStone

The paper is truly sobering but then, so have been the days since that fateful day.

My world changed before the 2nd tower fell. Ray has done an awesome job tying this event to prophetic Scripture. It worries me of what is to come of America and it saddens me that I am powerless to do nothing but watch as all "events" invariably continue to unfold.

Keep God close my dear brothers and sisters, we are going to need his strength and support more and more in the days to come.

If anyone needs a link to Ray's paper, then http://bible-truths.com/towers.htm it is. :)

Love Darren
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 10:55:15 PM by YellowStone »

rocky

The temple constructed by Herod in Jerusalem that was present during Jesus time on earth  had three towers.  These towers along with the temple were completely destroyed in 70AD.  There was nothing left standing. 

If interested in reading, a word search on tower of antonia will bring up information on this. 

John9362

Hi guys, as much as I love Ray and appreciate ALL the God given truths he teachers us, this particular paper didn't do much for me. It must be the stage of my learning I'm at, or something ?? I spent a lot of time shrugging my shoulders as I was reading it, for some reason It just didn't really interest me like the other papers have....I'm sure I'll read it again in the future when the Holy Spirit wants me too. Should I be moving to NY in the not too distant future and George W Bush is still president.....I shall read it many times   :D

Gods Blessing to all of my brothers and sisters !!
John

fe32k

I live in Manhattan, NYC and actually saw this event occur with my own eyes. It was truly something that I knew had biblical implications written all over it. I have read Ray's paper and might have to read it again to understand some of his points.
I do however think that if Isaiah was speaking of a transitional period for an age, then he might have also been speaking of the next age to come in relation to him [Isaiah] which I believed occurred after pentecost and fully transitioned after 70AD. I am not as keen as Ray to see what these prophecies may mean, but notice through out the Bible that towers that are against God, they either fall (i.e. towers on the temple, twin towers, etc) or are halted by God (i.e. Babel). These also tend to happen during transitional periods in ages. I am anxious to see what unfolds in the next years. But I also pray that God deliver us from the wrath to come. The end of this age is near, lets pray to God that we are found worthy to stand before the Son of Man.

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."
Luke 21:36

iris

I found Rays paper interesting, and plan on reading it again more slowly.

I want to study and think about what he wrote as I read it over a second time.

Iris

brothertoall

I got the jest of the paper and I am slow to learn but I realize the teaching of this new paper.

I started seeing the change in this country called America some years ago and it has gotten to the point that our freedoms are slowly being taken away and all the politically correct ways we are forced to act and say and I for one am sick of it.

The truly sad thing about it is that even the world of christiondom goes right along with this and I can see God judging His called and His chosen and I for one have been spoken to and I am glad God is judging ME to make me obiedent to Him .I would not want it any other way.

His refining fire is starting with those who believe in Him and I thank Him so very much that he is judging,refining and continually making this retched person,me, to be created in His image.

Thank you Lord for using Ray to speak to this heart.

bobby

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator

The temple constructed by Herod in Jerusalem that was present during Jesus time on earth  had three towers.  These towers along with the temple were completely destroyed in 70AD.  There was nothing left standing. 

If interested in reading, a word search on tower of antonia will bring up information on this. 

I don't understand the relevance? Are you saying that was or could be the fulfillment of Isaiah 30?

Did those towers fall from the top down?

Was it the breach in those towers that fell?

Did their walls bulge out before falling?

Did they fall in an instant?

Was there a great slaughter connected to their falling?

Was their falling a witness?

Did a new age begin when these towers fell? etc.

I think it's important that Isaiah starts out talking about the last days: Isa 2: 2 "And it shall come to pass in the last days..."

And I do not believe that the bible would ignore the greatest nation the world has ever seen, unless the US collapses and another nation becomes even greater. But that nation would have to be a Christian nation to fulfill Isaiah prophesies, and I just do not see that potential in any other Christian nation.

Dennis

dogcombat

I read the paper and I understand how Ray used the foundation of the twin towers to Isaiah's Prophecy.  However, I might add, there have been other injustices in this country such as wrongful convictions, Little Rock 9, etc.  that this country will have to account for.  I'm reminded of Ecc.  7:10
"Say not thou that the former days were better than these, for thou does NOT inquire wisely concerning this."     

So yes I believe the Towers were desinated to be built and destroyed in the time that God had ordained.  And yes, our governments, public schools, and even more so, our FAMILIES are pathetic in their current state.   This is no smooth thought of mine but an observation.  Unless GOD calls US to repent for "leaving our first love".  It won't happen.  And God is in TOTAL control of everything

"Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that
are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:
  Isaiah 46:10

We are to rest in Him as He calls us to, and that way we will "endure to the end"

Ches

Prosizz

What I find most compelling about this paper is the introduction, how NY was built, what the Twin towers represented. I think it is the significance of the towers that make the prophecy even more compelling. I appreciate as well the correlation between the decadence of the Great Roman Empire as Nero fiddled away and Washington fiddling away as another “great empire”  is crumbling. I have always believed that America is doomed to collapse.

Why should you be stricken any more? You will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart is faint. From the sole of the foot even unto the head there is NO SOUNDNESS IN IT…" (Isa. 1:4-6a).

This scripture was one of my favorite in the paper.

Remain bless.

DWIGHT

Brothers and Sisters, this is the first time, I believe, that Ray has mentioned the United States in prophectic terms.  In fact, he rarely, if at all, speaks of the end times.  The Lord put this in his heart for a very good reason.  I believe the Lord is warning all of us to really watch and get ready for the day of the Lord.  Think about it, has Ray's writings to this point been off the mark?  God speaks through His Word and through His servants.  Don't take this lightly, this is the real deal.  As those towers fell suddenly, so this nation that we all love can also fall just as sudden.  May God have mercy on us and the Israel of God!

Dwight

SandyFla

I thought the paper was very good ... but I HAVE heard preachers say that 9/11 was God's judgment on America and a warning for us to repent. Too bad those messages were drowned out by other, more politically correct speeches.

Also, did anyone notice this?

Isaiah 30:1-3, 6-7—"Woe to the rebellious children [Israel], says the Lord, that take counsel, but not of ME: and cover with a covering [Heb: ‘make an alliance’ or ‘ratify a covenant’], but not of MY spirit [Heb: ‘against My will’], that they may add sin to sin.

And they reject the counsel of God. They go against God’s will in these matters. And so God tells us why our nations will fall ...

I thought no one COULD go against God's will ... Maybe I'll send him an e-mail asking about that.

Sandy

sj

Also, did anyone notice this?

Isaiah 30:1-3, 6-7—"Woe to the rebellious children [Israel], says the Lord, that take counsel, but not of ME: and cover with a covering [Heb: ‘make an alliance’ or ‘ratify a covenant’], but not of MY spirit [Heb: ‘against My will’], that they may add sin to sin.

And they reject the counsel of God. They go against God’s will in these matters. And so God tells us why our nations will fall ...

I thought no one COULD go against God's will ... Maybe I'll send him an e-mail asking about that.

Sandy,

That's an interesting question... I would like to attempt to answer it very carefully.

What is God's ultimate will or His will for the end result of His creation?

I believe that it is for the inhabitants of the world to learn righteousness, there lies our salvation or the salvation of all men! Isaiah 26:9

Yet God is still using both light and darkness, good and evil (Isaiah 45 6-7) to accomplish His will and all His good pleasure (Isaiah 46:10-11).

Is God's will for men to reject His counsel or go against His will (righteousness?) Of course not, but it is part of His grander plan to bring all men into the knowledge of God.

Some vessels for honor, some for dishonor...

"What if God, willing to shew His wrath, and to make His power known, endured with much suffering the vessels of wrath fitted for destruction: and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory, even us whom He hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?"
-Romans 9:22-24

Hope this helps.

Josh
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 06:36:33 PM by swivel »

Deborah-Leigh

Luke 21 : 26 Men swooning away or expiring with fear and dread and apprehension and expectation of the things that are coming on the world; for the very powers of the heavens will be shaken and caused to totter.

Luke 12 : 32  Do not be seized with alarm and struck with fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom!

This teaching  "IN THE DAY OF THE GREAT SLAUGHTER" - When the towers Fell - struck me to the core of my being! This is God’s word for our times reading the signs of the times for us who have not yet learnt to read for ourselves the seasons! What a privilage to have read this paper written by Ray who is shown the times, their meanings and the season we are in................

Arcturus
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 05:52:45 PM by Arcturus »

lilitalienboi16

My comments on the article i was alittle skared at first, i don't like applying the world around us to the bible, but rather allow the bible to explain itself you know. Like the question is the answer type thing, thats how i've seen God works in the scriptures, you want an answer to a scripture, compare the spiritual with the spiritual. Atleast how i see it, so the whole paper i mean i read it, it was interesting, but alot of people right this type of stuff and i'm not sooooooooo sure about it.

The comment someone also made about the temple coming down and havin three towers that were completely destroyed was interesting, something i had not heard, and it makes me wonder because paul and the disciples often called the times that Jesus came as the 'last days.' 'Little children you knwo it is the last days...''Who was made manifest to you in these last days...' etc.. so i mean i really can't be too sure, the Lord has me alittle on gaurd spiritualy atleast about the whole thing, i mean don't get me wrong i love the stufff ray writes and the Lord first used Him to open my eyes and ears up, but this whole natural physical type deal thing is still tought for me to swallow, not say its not the truth or what God is really saying, just saying its alittle hard for me to accept right now and i will have to do praying on it,a nd asking the Lord what it is He has purposed for me to understan,d and hopefully that understanding will be the truth, and not strong delusion.

God bless all,

Alex
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 06:14:17 PM by Dennis Vogel »

jennie

Now I don't have anything profound to say on this. I read the paper that was written and was amazed at the detail, research and thought that went into it. I ,too, will read it again at a more leisurely pace. Ray spent a lot of time on it.

When I think of the twin towers coming down I think back to that day. I saw a plane going into a building on the t.v. and called Michael at work. I was already crying as I told him to pray because a big building had been hit. I didn't know right then that it was in our own country. I was stunned and in shock and cried harder with the knowledge that this was happening in our country. While we were praying over the phone the second plane came in. We were just in shock. For ya'll who live in New york I can't imagine how it truly was for you. Around here the biggest buildings we have are maybe 3 stories tall so my mind couldn't and still can't comprehend what it looked like. Such a sad day for us all.

rrammfcitktturjsp

Jennie,

Yeah you were not lying.  I had two good friends perish in those buildings.  I was supposed to be in New York then, but thank God that I cancelled the plans at the last minute. 

Good posts guys.  Gave me a lot to chew on.

Dwight, good post.

Josh - Good explanation to Sandy's question.

God Bless.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

brothertoall

Let us take a look at our tower. My tower was reaching to the heavens. I had it all,so I thought. I kept building that tower higher and higher. I ,on my own, was building the foundation and thought I could add each floor as I built it higher and higher.

It was God who started to tear this tower down from the top floor down and as it crumbled each floor was being torn down as the top floor hit the next floor and further down it crumbled and there my life lay in one big heap.

God started to rebuild by starting the foundation built on Jesus Christ and one day it will be a beautiful temple built by God himself.

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Luke 14:30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.

Genesis 11:4-11

4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

bobby

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.