bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: "IN THE DAY OF THE GREAT SLAUGHTER" - When the towers Fell - What did you think?  (Read 18578 times)

psalmsinger

I remember this day and the impact it made. At that time, my husband and I were greatly rooted in a tv ministry that believes that the U.S. can do no wrong and will be protected by God Almighty in "that day" from the terror of the tribe of Ishmael. Funny, huh??? There was much soothsaying going on at the time from all, even our "tv ministry".  We furitively looked up the scriptures with PC Bible Study for Windows and  even though we had discovered the reference to Isa. in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fell, the warning of the scriptures was soon laid to rest under the mire of the soothsayers.  Indeed,  I felt a calm even in the storm because I had (and still have) great faith in the Lord God Almighty and His plan for the universe.  It was weird that they didn't dismiss schools that day or the next and they downplayed the threat as if we are too big and strong with the power of our own might  to be bothered with such as "paltry" attack.  We watched as they edited the video to not include the horror of it all and I remember Billy Grahmn's soothing speech to the nation.  Time has marched on and the nation has failed to repent after 9-11 and after Katrina.......life, liberty and the pursuit of "happiness" goes on as usual......how many warnings will God send through the enemy, natural disasters and His true prophets????  I know that I have much to repent of after being reminded by Mr. Smith's teaching.  God be with us all.

Barbara

rrammfcitktturjsp

Barabara,

I do remember Mr. Grahams's prayer.  I remember also thinking that was the most insincere prayer that I had ever heard.  I remember not being a Christain at this time and thinking wow, if God was real what would he have thought of that prayer?  I now know what he would have thought of that prayer and it comes to be that our opinion of that prayer is one and the same.

I do not mean to pick on Mr. Graham but I thought that he would have prayed better seeing he was a multi-million Christain. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Sorin

Quote from: littleitalianboi16

I feel the same way dustin, and also like you i'm sketchy on the whole thing bieng a terrorist attack by bin laden and his crew.

I've watched many of these videos, and the whole thing is too strange to have been done by these terrorists.

Thanks for the video!

Love in Christ,

Alex

Oh bro don't tell me you believe in those  '9/11 conspiracy theories' they're all wrong, every single last one of them. And they all lack the evidence to back up their claims.
I believe with all my heart that it was Bin Laden who masterminded the attacks and we will one day know for sure. ;)

Take care,
Sorin
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 09:34:54 PM by Sorin »

gmik

Some months ago, over at Tentmaker forum, there was alot of talk about all the intrigue etc over 9-11. They don't seem to mind that over there. No our country is not perfect, but I think Ray's position is that it is Gods' will no matter what, so why get the Body in contention over it. Dustin & Alex other forums really get into all that if you want debate & discussion, tho  Sorin, I happen to agree with you. But if I am wrong so what??

I am old enough to remember all the conspiracy that went on about Clinton having all these people murdered who stood in his way, they had positive proof videos etc.  I also remember Watergate and how that was made into something way more than it should have. When Reagan got shot there was all kinds of theories and whatnot.  Point is, so what.  We are not of this world.

Here in my world (this forum), I want to share with like minded believers about Ray's papers and the Bible. I want help in how to walk in this world but not be of it. \I want to have & show the fruit of the Spirit. I want to walk as Jesus w/ skin on as Jennie puts it.  Those of you who know me, know I am way, way far from those ideals.

Anyhoo, said all that to say lets leave conspiracy theories out of the forum.  If I am out of line here Mods, please delete this or let me know.  But I am sure politics is a no no.

love to all,
gena

iris

Good post gena!!!  :)

Iris

gmik

Thanks Iris!

love,
gena
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.