bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I need some prayer  (Read 7236 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

I need some prayer
« on: December 29, 2006, 02:42:35 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I am going to do something that is very hard for me to do.  Let's just say I accessed that thing called a credit report and credit score from all the credit reporting agencies.  I have realized that I have wasted the last 7 years.  I am in debt up to my ears and I am so overwhelmed.  I am crying as I write this post becuase I feel like a failure.  I know that this should not negate my sucess in my walk with the Lord, but it is threatining to do that.

I am giving up my dream of going back to Texas Tech becuase it is going to take so long to pay off this debt in addition to whatever my husband has incurred.  I knew that it was there, but not to the extent that it is right now.  Brothers and Sisters in the short time that we have been on this forum I have come to think of you as my family.  I am hurting right now so badly, I cannot even begin to describe the pain that I am feeling.  We are following Dave Ramsey's financial principles wholeheartedly now. 

I am 27 years old and by the time that I pay off this debt, I will be too old to go to school.  Pray that more students and things of that nature will come my way so that I can increase the incoming income that we can crawl out of this hole quicker.  I have spent 2 long converstations on the phone with a special friend just bawling my eyes out.  That's why I have posted in another post that I was too young to waste my life anymore.  It just seems like my dreams are shattered and I am too tired to pick up the broken pieces.

Guys, I really need your prayers and support at this time.  I am feeling that I am losing myself in this debt.  We are doing everything to get ourselves out of it without compromising the marriage and my son.  We need a miracle.  Yet, I have a belief that if you mess up then you do not deserve God to get you out of it.  This was just an expensive mistake.  I will say this, the debt has no credit card debt in it.  I am proud of that fact.  Thanks for listening to me in my time of need.  I guess I will wipe the keybaord clean of my tears and pick up where I left off.

I am going to begin to attack it one account at a time.  It's just that I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

God bless you guys.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

deejcop

Re: I need some prayer
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 03:41:50 PM »

Anne,

You can definitely count on my prayers going up for you. Please don't feel like a failure. You are far far from that.

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 06:47:16 PM »

Oh God... This made me so sad.

Thank you for your sincere words, Anne. I don't even know you very well, and still I feel that your honesty and your willingness to share your problems is making this forum a better place. This might sound strange, but the fact is that I am also feeling related to persons who I never met face-to-face. Written communication can sometimes be sufficient in bringing people together, especially when we are open and sincere like you are. I certainly will pray for you and your family, and ask God's mercy on your money problems. Just trust in God to provide for you.

God bless you and your family.
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Kat

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 09:35:33 PM »

Hi Anne,

I do feel for you in this trial.
Take heart, your worry and concern is understandable, but will not change a thing.
You are doing the best you can, now just take one day at a time.
These scripture came to mind,
how Peter was worrying about what was happening around him and he began to sink.
But "immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him."  :)

Mat 14:29  And He said, Come. And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus.
Mat 14:30  But seeing that the wind was strong, he was afraid. And beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me!
Mat 14:31  And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him; and said to him, Little-faith! Why did you doubt?

I will be praying for you.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

jennie

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2006, 11:58:07 PM »

Hey Anne, I am so sorry that you are going through this trial and will be praying for you. Please don't feel like a failure, we've all been there in some way or another. You said that there is no credit card debt and that is a tremendously good thing. You have seen a glimmer of light in this darkness. To me, that shows your heart and how  you are looking for a brighter side. It will be tough but I know you can do it. Much love, Jennie

Patrick

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 12:02:28 AM »

Anne, you mentioned in your post that you have a belief that if you mess up you do not deserve God to get you out of it.
Have you read Ray's "Free Will" paper?
If not, it will help you understand how all this debt came about.

You also mentioned this should not negate your success in your walk with the Lord, but it is threatening to do that. When you truly know how all this debt came about, I believe your thinking will change (if God has opened up your eyes and ears and I believe He has to some degree)

My trial with debt hurts to this day, almost 20 yrs later. I thought I could outsmart the IRS and the local tax authorities; BIG mistake! However, I now know Who is responsible and I know who is accountable.

I will pray for you and your family.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 01:09:28 PM by Patrick »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 01:02:20 PM »

Patrick,

I have read the paper on free will.  Are you saying that God planned for me to be in debt?  I thought I was the one who made stupid decisions.  Well if God planned for me to be right here, then God has a marvelous plan for me.  I forgot that God even controls this aspect of my life.  I know it is a long road to tow.

My friend said that I should be leaning on God even more and more during this time and he is right.  I believe that I made this debt come into being, but I know that things do not happen if it is not God's planning.   So how do I reconcille this with God loving us and wanting to give me abundant life?  I am so confused in this area of finances right now.

I will say this, I have an awesome hubby who is helping me through this dark trial now.  I do not know where I would be without the foruma and him.  Thanks guys.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

eggi

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 01:45:27 PM »

Anne, your situation has given me some thoughts. I thought about this the whole day today, and since I have a free day, and I'm alone, I had plenty of time for doing just that. You asked:

I believe that I made this debt come into being, but I know that things do not happen if it is not God's planning.   So how do I reconcille this with God loving us and wanting to give me abundant life?

Yes, we make our problems come into being by our actions and the actions of others. However, the circumstances around us which caused us to act like that were not controlled by us. Because of the fact that we are marred we sometimes do things which we don't want to do.

And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it. Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying, O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel. (Jer 18:4-6 KJV)

For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. (Rom 7:15-20 KJV)

I have seen this so clearly in the last time. I DO WHAT I HATE. Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? Jesus Christ.

O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. (Rom 7:24-25 KJV)

So, onto the next question. How do we reconcile being in debt with the fact that God wants us to have an abundant life? Anne, I want to thank you for your sincerity and for sharing this problem with us (I thank you on behalf of myself, but I'm sure that others here will agree with me). Your question was right on target. How do we reconcile being in physical debt with the fact that God wants us to have an abundant life? The only answer I can come up with is that regardless of physical debt and physical illness we can be spiritually out of debt and delivered from spirituall illness. These questions have lead me to conclude that the Bible ONLY makes sense to me as speaking about spiritual, and not physical. This is another debate, I know, but I have been brought to see that if the Bible is to be understood physically it is FULL of contradictions. That which is spiritually is eternal, the physical is not. I simply cannot make sense of it when I try to apply it physically. Therefore I believe that when God's Word is telling us that He wants us to have an abundant life, it means a spiritually abundant life. After all, a physically abundant life makes it hard to enter the Kingdom of Heaven:

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. (Mat 19:23-26 KJV)

This is what I believe we should expect:

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. (2Pe 1:4 KJV)

But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; (Tit 3:4-6 KJV)

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. (Joh 10:10 KJV)

He came that we might have LIFE, and that we might have it more abundantly! What is life?

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. (Joh 17:3 KJV)

He came that we might know the Father and pass from spiritual death to spiritual life:

He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. (Mat 10:40 KJV)

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. (Joh 5:24-25 KJV)

This is a digression, but just now I noticed it saying: "The hour is coming, and now is".

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. (Joh 6:38-40 KJV)

I hope this is of help to you, Anne. I hope that you can see that we can have life abundantly even if we are poor and in debt.

Thank you again for your sharing with us, Anne.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 01:46:12 PM by eggi »
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Patrick

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 01:50:43 PM »

Anne, I'm saying God is in control of EVERYTHING!!

I copied these paragraphs from the "Free Will" article;

God changes the minds and wills of mankind around the world, a billion times a minute, through circumstances that "you know not" are actually the cause of your choices and your changed choices. We are often if not most of the time completely unaware of what actually caused us to do or say or think as we do.

God has a plan, and God brings about His plan. God is not stupid. God knows exactly how to cause man (all mankind) to do exactly as He plans for them to do.

So God has mercy upon whom He will have mercy and whom He wills, He hardens. But when I tell people that this is how God operates, they find fault with it. They say that isn’t fair. They say we are mere puppets if this is the way God operates. How can God blame and punish people for doing what God Himself caused them to do in the first place? The Apostle Paul got the same carnal-minded criticisms of God’s plan:

"You will say then unto me, Why does He [God] yet find fault? For who has resisted His will [Greek: boulema—‘resolve, purpose, a deliberate intention’]?" (Rom. 9:19).

This is an amazing Scripture. This Scripture shows the difference in attitude between those who understand God’s plan and will and those who do not.

After explaining to the Romans that God raised Pharaoh up for a specific purpose in God’s plan, Paul foresees the attitudes of his listeners. They will reason that if God is the One behind our actions, and we are totally incapable of doing other than what He determines we will do, then WHY DOES HE FIND FAULT WITH US WHEN WE SIN?

First it is most important that we look at and understand the word translated "will" in Rom. 9:19. It is not the usually Greek word, which is translated "will" hundreds of times in the New Testament. This Greek word boulema is used but twice in the Bible, here in Rom. 9:19 and in Acts 27:43 where it is translated "purpose."

So the question that Paul is setting up is not "…who has resisted His will?" but rather, "who has resisted His purpose [His plan, His intention]?"

To the question, "…who has resisted His will?" the answer is: EVERYONE! But when properly translated, to the question, "who has resisted His purpose?" the answer is: ABSOLUTELY NO ONE!

God has a will and God has a plan and purpose to reach that will. And no small part of reaching His desired will is to set men against His will, just as He did with Pharaoh. But no one has ever hindered God’s plan and purpose in reaching that goal and stated will. God’s will, will be done in His time.

Does that help any?

iris

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 04:14:21 PM »

This has been a really good thread.

It has helped me to understand better

God's will and purpose.

Thank you so much!

Iris

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 11:30:47 AM »

Patirck and Eggi,

I have read your posts and want to address them both one at a time.  Unfortunately I do not have time to do that this morning, so it will have to wait until this afternoon.

Thanks guys for posting.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

longhorn

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 01:45:42 PM »

Anne.  Prayers are going out for you and your family.  Remember this, part of being a chosen vessel is a promise, "We must through MANY tribulations enter the Kingdom of God."  There are days when I really just want to say screw the whole world and drink myself into oblivion, to heck with God and everyone else.  I could rant for a long time, but the bottom line is God is in control, and he will give you strength to endure.  I dont like when people try to tell me "Things will get better"  to hell with all that, sometimes, many times, they get wose, but each time they do, I realize how true Gods word is.  This is a long post for me because I dont type very well, but I hope you get the point.  It's OK to get bummed out, do like I do, go outside and yell at the cows, or throw a firecracker into the chicken coop, tomorrow is a new day.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

longhorn

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 02:10:45 PM »

Anne.  Read Ray's e-mail today on Gods will.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

P.S.  Did you notice Texas Tech and my Longhorns are the only teams in the Big 12 to win our bowl games so far.  Raiders and Longhorns rule..  aTm fans, I hope the neighbors dog takes a dump on your front lawn.

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2006, 04:20:22 PM »

Longhorn,

Yes I did notice that we our the only teams in the big 12 that have won our bowel games thus far.  It is a proud day to be known as a Red Raider or as a Texas Longhorn.

Things are getting somewhat better guys.  I gotta  bunch of calls to make this week as a result of the credit report.  Please pray that that goes well.  I will keep you all updated.

Kat and Patrick I will respond to your posts when I get the time.  Things are so busy of late.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Go Red Raiders and Longhorns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

hummer

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2006, 06:27:35 PM »

Anne,

Hebrews 5:8-9 Concordant Literal Version even He also, being a Son, learned obedience from that which He suffered. 9) And being perfected, He became the cause of eonian salvation to all who are obeying Him.

Skip

brothertoall

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007, 10:53:53 AM »

Anne,

Thank you dear friend for sharing with all of us here. It takes a lot of courage to share that with people you have never met face to face.

Anne we all have areas in our lives were we have fallen short or just down right think we have failed, BUT God is in control and nothing and I mean nothing happens in our lives that God does not have control over.

It may seem dark now but dear sister and friend we know that the LIGHT will shine and take away that darkness.

My wife and I are trying to pay off some debts ourselves and you and your husband work together and God has blessed you both with each other and that dear child of yours. This situation will draw you both together and that is what God is very pleased with. You are a team and i have been married for 28 years to my high school sweetheart and we have been through some rough times in those 28 years, but God has never left us or foresaken us.

Just when you think it is all you can bare, He is right there to pick you up with those ever loving stretched out arms to carry you through it all.

Prayers going up for you my friend,

bobby

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 02:44:07 PM »

To All,

One of our New Year's Resolution this year was to be debt free by the end of the year or as close as we can get to being debt free.  Things have not happened since last posting, but I know that they are going to get better.  I have a full week this week of calling people trying to straighten things out on my credit report.

I found out on Saturaday it is pulling someone's elses information as well on my credit report, so maybe this is not at all bad news after all.  I will keep you all posted.

Thanks guys and please keep praying.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

longhorn

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007, 07:19:12 PM »

What is the word of the day Anne.

Longhorn

P.S.  Please dont make me come up with one.

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007, 08:55:21 PM »

Longhorn,

I think I already posted that today in that particular thread.  Though I would like seeing one of your word of the days.

SIncerely,

Anne C. McGuire

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 04:29:16 AM »

To All,

Here's an update.  We are doing better.  We thought we were going to lose our stuff in storage which is several thousands of dollars of sheet music and the not.  Well guess what we are not.

I am slowly making progess.  Keep praying guys. I am focused on God and what he would have me to do.  Yeah Dinner is done.  I will see you all later.

Thanks for praying for the little one.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.