bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saddam's execution. - Your thoughts,  (Read 11085 times)

jennie

Re: Saddam's execution. - Your thoughts,
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2006, 10:44:23 PM »

I don't say this to be offensive but if I am going to be truthful with ya'll I will have to honestly tell you what went through my mind. I didn't know until last night that the exeecution took place, When I found out one part of me was relieved that he would cause no more suffering but another part of me felt badly. I found myself thinking about what I had learned of his childhood and all and the visuals of him being dragged out of that little box room when they caught up with him. Many people have bad circumstances in their lives and can keep giving out badness or they can take the bad and be used by god to do good to others. I don't know. I feel torn on this one. I just know that I am glad I didn't have the decision that the court did  as to ending his life or not. I know that God is in control and I don't why it makes me feel conflicted inside. I am an "army brat" and just about each family in my clan has had at least 1 male to serve in the military... in all branches.
I just don't know why I feel sick inside. I had to ask God to forgive me last night when my first thought was "good...he's gone". My heart goes out to all those families that he put through torture as well. I am a mess, I guess, where this is concerned. This one I will have to "puzzle out" in my own spirit. As always...much love, Jennie

longhorn

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006, 11:56:41 PM »

There is coming a day when I will Love Saddam, and he will love me.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

YellowStone

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2006, 12:49:35 AM »

Gena wrote:

Ray has said that given the same set of circumstances, parents, environment, etc we could have done the same thing Saddam did.

[/b][/color]

Perhaps, this is the most perfect time to bring this up, for I feel very strongly that Ray is totally off base here and I will explain why. :)

Moderators please consider my intent to honor God above man before deleting.

Gena, I have read those words from Ray and know they were his. He say's: given the same set of circumstances, parents, environment, etc we could have done the same thing Saddam did.
I totally disgress, because circumstances are circumstances, but the results depend on God. The circumstances do not dictate whether or not God has dragged one to him or not; that is up to God and God alone.

What is more, the circumstances do not decide the out-come, but rather God. So in very good concious before our Father, I know that no one here (we) "could" do the things that this man did, because God is in our hearts; something SADDAM never had.

I will take God over circumstance any day, as I am / we are no longer victims of chance.

I apologize if I offend anyone.

Gena, I love you my dear sister. :)

Love to all,
Darren
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 01:26:01 AM by YellowStone »

rocky

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2006, 01:11:34 AM »

Without the mercy of God, we could all be the same as Sadaam.   

But if chosen as a vessel of God's mercy, then  we have been chosen to go a different route, the narrow road, not the broad road to destruction. 

Rom 9:15  For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Rom 9:17  For the Scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might show my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Rom 9:18  Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Rom 11:33  O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Rom 11:36  For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory forever. Amen.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 01:12:16 AM by rocky »

mari_et_pere

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2006, 01:59:55 AM »

Saddam will hang if God wills him to be hanged. If the blood were to be on my hands, I wouldn't do the hanging, but I won't shed a tear for the man either.

M@tt

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2006, 02:25:20 AM »

My thoughts on Saddam's execution,

Saddam got what he was supposed to get at the time appointed for him to get it. He ruled for the time appointed, he slaughtered for the time appointed, those he ruthlessly ruled and killed were all appointed to be ruled and killed accordingly to their time. We are here at the right time, not one second sooner or later, discussing, debating, what we 'think' should have been done, or how we feel about what took place, and why, but not being able to change what happened or what will happen, we find our selves here, along for the ride that God has planned for each of us.

Still, I found myself with compassion for Saddam when I found out the execution had taken place. I dont know why, I just felt sad.  The look on his face, his countenance, was of a man who had been striped of his power and authority and all that he once was. It was one of a man that God chose to use, to show us all, one more time, that we are NOT in control and this is HIS BBQ.

Peace,
John

I also agree, completley, thank you john, well put! I too as you felt remorse for the man, as i would by the Lords grace, for all His children.

God bless,

Alex

Robin

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2006, 03:53:25 AM »

He say's: given the same set of circumstances, parents, environment, etc we could have done the same thing Saddam did.

Are you referring to this email?

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,224.0.html

I would have to say I totally agree with Ray.

I don't believe that circumstances are by chance. God is in control of all circumstances and uses all to fulfill his purpose.

Its easy to look from the world's standards and say I am not like him, but what would it be like to look at the perfect, pure, righteousness, and holiness of God in all his glory. All our righteousnesses are as filthy rags.

Look at Paul
Given the same set of circumstances, parents, environment could we have done the same as Paul did?

Acts 7
58And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.
Acts 8
3As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.
Acts 9
1And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
2And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
1 Timothy 1
15This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

James 2
8If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
12So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
13For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Mark 7
20And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
21For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Luke 18
9And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Isaiah 64
5Thou meetest him that rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, those that remember thee in thy ways: behold, thou art wroth; for we have sinned: in those is continuance, and we shall be saved.
6But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. 7And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities.
8But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.
9Be not wroth very sore, O LORD, neither remember iniquity for ever: behold, see, we beseech thee, we are all thy people.

angie

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2006, 04:15:35 AM »

Hi everyone,

I remember a time when I was totally overwhelmed and aghast at what this man and his sons inflicted on other human beings, to the point I would quite cheerfully have tortuously carved him up myself to give him a 'taste of his own medicine'. That was very much an eye for an eye, carnal attitude. I'm glad to say that I no longer feel like this about him, or indeed anyone. (Thank you Lord)

As for Saddam being hanged....No, I personally wouldn't have hung him (or agreed to it) I believe that a bit more time to reflect on what he had done wouldn't have gone amiss even though it may have made no change to him. It also may seem hard, but I always try to look at the facts and think positively about a given situation.

Saddam was destined to die at this time after doing what he did since God is in control.

Of all the ways to die, hanging is NOT the worst, most terrifying, or painful, dragged out way. (though I'm not advocating it would be a good way!) Because of the life and attitude he had, I doubt if he was even very frightened, he thought he was a martyr, defiant and unrepentant to the end. But the thing that I feel the most is the hope I have for his salvation in the time of resurrection and judgement, where
he DOES see the error of his ways and it brings about the change in him. I fear more for him then than I do now because ultimately God wont punish him physically. When he [Saddam] truly sees the truth, he will do it mentally to himself, as I believe we all will. I think the truest thing I ever heard said by a human being was 'you'll never meet with worse than your own imagination' (or mind) When we are resurrected, isn't that all we will have brought with us from this life?

God bless him anyway and all those who suffered at his bidding, may we all be reunited through love and the presence of the Lord.

Angie

hebrewroots98

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2006, 06:05:06 AM »

WOW... I have waited all day to read this post b/c of the mixed emotions that I've had since I first heard of Saddam being hung this morning.  You see; SADDAM HUSSIEN HAD A DIRECT IMPACT ON MY LIFE...SOME GOOD AND SOME BAD; BUT GOD USED THIS MANS' LIFE AND WAYS TO BRING ME INTO A CLOSER RELATIONSHIP WITH MY CREATOR.  

Due to Saddam Hussien, God used this man to have the following impact on my life...and without this man living the evil life that he had led, then I would not have experienced the following...

-HAVING BEEN A (first) GULF WAR VETERAN where I was a field medic and surgical tech.
-and was able to assist in my soldiers' physical healing and to comfort them from their pains; of which they won't forget my treating their wounds/ sicknesses and of my ward where they got to try to recover with me by their side.
-(as well as getting to treat Sadams' soldiers -whom had better treatment from us b/c we treated them as one of our own, as with dignity; of which they won't forget either.)
-I got to minister Yeshua to some soldiers  (there was one friend who got baptised in a rubber fuel bladder while over there and she now has a husband and 4 boys whom are believers to this day...15 yrs later, praise God.)
-I would not have been able to go half way around the world and fly across the Red Sea and take a pix of it-remembering the miracle with the Israelites some 5,ooo yrs ago.
-to see what others live like (in this a muslim world of allah and the koran and mohamed and to experience the stopping of a society at 5 dif times each day to see their loyalty to their god and to pray to him.) (very spiritually sobering for me to have to endure and experience while there.)
-and to share GOD/Jesus with some Saudi's and Iraqis'
-and have Muslims talk with me and smile at me; and invite me into their homes and shops and offer me their best teas and snacks; or to have one to lift me up off the ground in their store and kiss me on my cheek!!!!
-getting letters from home from loved ones on a regular basis and especially from those whom wouldn't have contacted me (when I was at home in the States) to let me know that I was on their hearts.
-to have my soldier brother (16 mos older than I) to see me running toward him after search that theatre for months and finding him there...and for him to tell me that he had just accepted the Lord!
-etc..etc....
and to be able to share this with you my family in Christ.
-all of the love letters, audio tapes, and some actual phone calls from my husband while over there;
-having never EXPERIENCED Psalms 91 "though thousands fall at your right side, trouble will not come near you...Gods' angels will put a hedge of protection around me..."
-seeing (Kuwaitis) freed from oppression.
-helping an actual Iraqi family (here in the USA on political assylum) to become American Citazens (whom are now Bible translators from English into Arabic) as guests in our home (and they danced in celebration one New Years Eve party that was their first; they went thru seminary here too.
-getting to send care packages to overseas soldiers and knowing that they will smile.
-enjoying the freedom that the USA tries to uphold; and not being under a dictator.
-to be able to live and tell about it; knowing that God had plans for me to live and not die over there.

But at the same time; Had Saddam not had a direct influence on my life, then I would not have had to suffer the following things...
-being away from my new husband (after only being married for a month and a half.) for 7 months, and not being able to be in his loving arms.
-the worrying that my husband had for me while I was in harms way.
-The $3,ooo plus phone bill that we had to pay off.
-the fear of bombs going overhead; and the nbc (nuclear, biological, and chemical) alarms going off all the time.
-seeing soldiers become so fearful (of dying) that they do desrerpate things that they normally wouldn't have done.
-seeing EPW's (enemy prisoners of war) fenced in a compound like animals. (that is war)
-nearly getting raped due to certain Iraqi mens low opinion of women, and especially of American women.
-digging my own (spider whole) fox whole in the hardest and rockiest dry desert ground and living there for months and experienceing the worst storm ever (a shmal) that flooded it.
-having come from the Ohio valley and the 10,000 lakes that Minnesota has, and then looking for as far as the eye can seein Iraq (in a 360 degree span) and not seeing as much as a blade of grass.  
-becoming a disabled veteran from such hard physical labor and from a surgury gone bad.  (As well as my brother becoming a diasabled veteran.)
-watching  soldiers dying over there;
-and new soldiers currently  having to go over there; and alot of soldiers dying over there.
-going to funerals of the fallen soldiers coming back from there.
-or running into veterans here and spending time relating with them of Gods will in it all. (not bad for me, just bad that they were confused.)
-having to explain 'war' to my son; as well as why Saddam got hanged today.

So, you see, why I have mixed emotions.  I just thank God for the above trials b/c they made me who I am today.  I at first felt like justice had been served today (b/c of the evil and UnGodly life that Sadamm led) when I learned that he had been hung; but, then when I saw his face right before he died, I had compassion on him for him having to die that way, (without dignity, and still fighting till the very end b/c he still needed to be a dictator, and having to die without his loved ones holding his hand and without the peace and joy in his spirit; but, I especially was sad for him having to die without having ever known the love of YESHUA/JESUS and the Author of Love, God The Father.  I did not cry though.  I hold no grudges.  

I just hope and pray that the world will not waste the example of such an evil mans lifestyle that God provided for us to learn from.  I hope the world can learn of Gods heart and will- through all that happened today.

Just my 2 cents...  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.