bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Saddam's execution. - Your thoughts,  (Read 11078 times)

Witness

Saddam's execution. - Your thoughts,
« on: December 30, 2006, 02:55:29 PM »

in context with the Holy Bible.

Let's discuss.

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Saddam's execution. - Your thoughts,
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 03:32:36 PM »

What is there to discuss? God's Word is clear! Saddam Hussein did commit unspeakable evils, no doubt about it. Nevertheless it was wrong to kill him.

Thou shalt not kill. (Exo 20:13 KJV)

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. (Mat 5:21-22 KJV)

Some are trying to justify killing by twisting scriptures. In the section "Bible answers" on the website bible.com there's an article stating that the Hebrew word ratsach means murder and not kill. Thus, they suggest, it is commanded only that we should not murder. In other words, it's alright to kill someone as long as you have a reason for it. Oh, really?

H7523
רצח
râtsach
raw-tsakh'
A primitive root; properly to dash in pieces, that is, kill (a human being), especially to murder: - put to death, kill, (man-) slay (-er), murder (-er).

God's perfect Word says:

But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Mat 5:39 KJV)

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. (Mat 5:43-48 KJV)

The "answers" they present at bible.com are nothing but evil doctrines pleasing those who have itching ears.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 03:34:37 PM by eggi »
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 03:48:17 PM »

2 Chronicles 20:6 And said, O LORD God of our fathers, art not thou God in heaven? and rulest not thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee?

Deuteronomy 7:24 And he shall deliver their kings into thine hand, and thou shalt destroy their name from under heaven: there shall no man be able to stand before thee, until thou have destroyed them.

Dan 2:21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

Daniel 4:32
And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will.

Colossians 1:16  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 03:49:55 PM »

I actualy felt pitty for the man for some reason.. even after all he did, like he deserved a second chance, or something... This brought little peace to the world.. if thats what you mean. What good did it do, to hang a man who already has no power in the world? Saddam was dead when the US kicked him out of iraq into a little rat hole.

I dont know.. like you guys i'm against the whole killing thing and 'love thy neighbor' and 'enemies' thing, but that's probably the spirit of Christ in me, the carnal man would have probably enjoyed watching this man hang... who knows..

eggi

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 04:09:02 PM »

The carnal man understands "an eye for an eye". That's how we are without the law of the Spirit. I don't know about your TV news, but here in Norway the footage showing Saddam before the execution has been played OVER and OVER again. SICK!

One of the ladies who were interviewed on the street in New York City said: "Praise the Lord! Justice has been done!" with a smile on her face. I may be at odds with general opinion, but to my understanding Jesus told us to not return evil with evil.

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. (Mat 5:44-45 KJV)

Joe, I agree. This is all God's doing.
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

seeker

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 04:18:30 PM »

Well, i guess that this execution will please John Hagee. About a year ago this man of God announced to his packed congregation "The best thing that can happen to Saddam Hussain is for him to be hanged by the neck until he is dead" To great cheers and `Amens` from his massive congregation.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 04:19:26 PM »

The carnal man understands "an eye for an eye". That's how we are without the law of the Spirit. I don't know about your TV news, but here in Norway the footage showing Saddam before the execution has been played OVER and OVER again. SICK!

One of the ladies who were interviewed on the street in New York City said: "Praise the Lord! Justice has been done!" with a smile on her face. I may be at odds with general opinion, but to my understanding Jesus told us to not return evil with evil.

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. (Mat 5:44-45 KJV)

Joe, I agree. This is all God's doing.

Amen my friend, you shall now them by their FRUIT! This si the truth! Let us bare good fruit by the power of Him who works all things!

God bless,

Alex

YellowStone

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 05:18:20 PM »

lilitalienboi16 wrote:

I actualy felt pitty for the man for some reason.. even after all he did, like he deserved a second chance, or something... This brought little peace to the world.. if thats what you mean. What good did it do, to hang a man who already has no power in the world? Saddam was dead when the US kicked him out of iraq into a little rat hole.

Please do not think that I am picking on you, but may I ask, for whom do you have the greatest pity? Saddam or the countless victims who suffered so cruely under his reign of terror.

Let us not for a moment forget, that Saddam was not given a choice to love and respect God. Is it Saddams fault that the llove of God and his Son Jesus Christ did not enter his heart?

If the answer is no, which it invariably must; how then are we criticize (NOT saying you did) :) the powers that be ion Iraq for trying him and condemning him to death.

Paul speaks clearly about this:

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Rom 13:2  Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

Rom 13:3  For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

While the carnal me feels very happy that some of the family members of those he tortured and killed can now feel a little vindicated (a carnal feeling, but they are of the world and sadly I still walk this world too)

However, the simple truth is that all of this, even the war is all of God. It is his will and should we feel sad that he is now dead, are we not kind of suggesting that God should have given him a second chance? Saddam had choices, he could have chose to search for God; Oh oh, maybe he did secretively who are we to judge. Do not worry of Saddam, for in my opinion he has a lot of cleansing to endure in times to come, but he will walk with us as a brother.

We must not concern us of ins and outs of this world, for better or worse, Saddam played a role in Gods plan for all of us that only God can fully know and understand.

Jhn 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before [it hated] you.

Jhn 15:19  If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Sure it was hard to love him because of his actions and words, but love him as one of God's creations and the promise to come

Jhn 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Once again, this is not an attack on you; rather, just a gentle reminder that ALL is according to God's will.

Love to all in Christ,
Darren
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 05:21:01 PM by YellowStone »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 05:26:58 PM »

lilitalienboi16 wrote:

Please do not think that I am picking on you, but may I ask, for whom do you have the greatest pity? Saddam or the countless victims who suffered so cruely under his reign of terror.

Let us not for a moment forget, that Saddam was not given a choice to love and respect God. Is it Saddams fault that the llove of God and his Son Jesus Christ did not enter his heart?

If the answer is no, which it invariably must; how then are we criticize (NOT saying you did) :) the powers that be ion Iraq for trying him and condemning him to death.

Paul speaks clearly about this:

Rom 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Rom 13:2  Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

Rom 13:3  For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

While the carnal me feels very happy that some of the family members of those he tortured and killed can now feel a little vindicated (a carnal feeling, but they are of the world and sadly I still walk this world too)

However, the simple truth is that all of this, even the war is all of God. It is his will and should we feel sad that he is now dead, are we not kind of suggesting that God should have given him a second chance? Saddam had choices, he could have chose to search for God; Oh oh, maybe he did secretively who are we to judge. Do not worry of Saddam, for in my opinion he has a lot of cleansing to endure in times to come, but he will walk with us as a brother.

We must not concern us of ins and outs of this world, for better or worse, Saddam played a role in Gods plan for all of us that only God can fully know and understand.

Jhn 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before [it hated] you.

Jhn 15:19  If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Sure it was hard to love him because of his actions and words, but love him as one of God's creations and the promise to come

Jhn 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

Once again, this is not an attack on you; rather, just a gentle reminder that ALL is according to God's will.

Love to all in Christ,
Darren

Yes i know its all according to God's will, but can i not feel pitty and sorrow for a man?

Though he has done evil, have not all of us? Are we not all 'in adam?' The only reason we didn't do what he did, is because we were not caused by God to do it, we were not raised the way he was [again God in controle], we were kept from this evil by God, so loveing ones enemy becomes easier to do, when we can understand that we would have done the same thing, had the Lord brought this upon us also.

Simply trying to love my enemy.. sorry.
God bless,

Alex

YellowStone

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 05:48:16 PM »

Alex,

No offence taken and certainly none implied.

My point is: with Christ in our hearts are we to love the likes of Saddam more than any other such as his victims. Certainly we are instructed to love our enemies but we must love and feel love and concern for all others too.

So why should we suddenly feel remorse and sorrow for him for being put to death while feeling anger and indignation towards those that condemned him. Loving our enemies is one thing, but at the expense of justice and of the victims is another. Christ always helped the lowly and down-trodden, he also respected the rulers of the land when they so shamefully condemned him to death.

Does this make sense? :)

Love, Darren

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 05:50:48 PM »

Hi Alex,

Having compassion for or loving one's enemies is not something you should apologize over, I am sure Darren is not telling you to repent of this but that you also consider the victims of this tyrant, he and his sons had a reign of terror over their subjects that few in the Western or many other nations of the world can relate to, Saddam had life and death power over the citizens of Iraq, his country was not a nation of laws but rather a spoil of his takeover. He ruled as if he was a god, the real God has seen fit to end this chapter (this season) of Iraq's history and I for one do not know where the future is headed, I only know that He is in control.

I have a joy within me that stems from the fact that Saddam and his sons will be shown the error of their ways and that they will have the evil lusts purged from them in accordance to God's plan in His time.

This life is but a vapor, this fact becomes increasingly evident as we pile up the years................

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe  

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2006, 05:58:52 PM »

I don't know about your TV news, but here in Norway the footage showing Saddam before the execution has been played OVER and OVER again. SICK!

I kept flipping between CNN, FOX and Aljazeera last night. I'm not a CNN fan, but they did the best job. Most on CNN and FOX said it was the best thing overall.

Aljazeera was very anti-American. I've been watching them since they signed on over a month ago with their English service, and up until last night they seemed "fair and balanced." I guess they could not contain themselves this time.

Dennis

gmik

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2006, 06:03:49 PM »

Hey, there but for the grace of God go we!!

Ray has said that given the same set of circumstances, parents, environment, etc we could have done the same thing Saddam did.

Mankind can do such wonderful/awful things! And it can change in a second!

The nations are in the hand of the King and God's will WILL be done.

gena

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2006, 07:20:33 PM »

Alex,

No offence taken and certainly none implied.

My point is: with Christ in our hearts are we to love the likes of Saddam more than any other such as his victims. Certainly we are instructed to love our enemies but we must love and feel love and concern for all others too.

So why should we suddenly feel remorse and sorrow for him for being put to death while feeling anger and indignation towards those that condemned him. Loving our enemies is one thing, but at the expense of justice and of the victims is another. Christ always helped the lowly and down-trodden, he also respected the rulers of the land when they so shamefully condemned him to death.

Does this make sense? :)

Love, Darren

It makes sence darran, but i don't recall myself saying i had no remorse for the victims, or that i was condemning those that hung him, i certainly was not, atleast not that i can remember, if i did i apoligize.

I was just saying, i felt pitty and remorse for thsi man, as i would for any man, Lord willing.

I certainly do not hold anything against thsoe who commited these acts, because if it weren't for the Lord, teh carnal man in me would be commiting the same acts, if not worse.

Perhaps it was the way i worded my paragraph, if so that is my fault and i apoligize.

God bless,

Alex

eggi

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2006, 07:52:02 PM »

I have found this passage to be of value in understanding more about God's justice:

Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel? Therefore, thou son of man, say unto the children of thy people, The righteousness of the righteous shall not deliver him in the day of his transgression: as for the wickedness of the wicked, he shall not fall thereby in the day that he turneth from his wickedness; neither shall the righteous be able to live for his righteousness in the day that he sinneth.

When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it. Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right; If the wicked restore the pledge, give again that he had robbed, walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die.

None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live. Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal. When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby. But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby. Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. O ye house of Israel, I will judge you every one after his ways. (Eze 33:11-20 KJV)

Therefore we can feel sorry, yes even for Saddam Hussein, knowing that it's only by the mercy of God that we have not committed the same horrible actions as he did. However, the pity is not EXCLUSIVELY for Saddam. We also feel sadness for his victims. Eventually we will all end up in the arms of Jesus Christ. Hallelujah!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 07:54:27 PM by eggi »

Prosizz

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2006, 07:54:12 PM »

Interesting comments from all of you. There is one thing though that I am wondering about: How would the world and God Judge Saddam in the light that George Bush initiated a  war on baseless accusations where thousands  of innocents have died and are still dying (Americans as well as Iraqis).

eggi

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2006, 08:02:36 PM »

God will judge just. The world will not judge just. Even George Bush will not judge just (even though he has said that "Justice will be done."[1]. That is about it.

1. http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/09/20/gen.america.under.attack/

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. (Joh 5:30 KJV)

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2006, 08:17:09 PM »

I sense the thread turning political.   Thats a No....No....No

Craig

John

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2006, 08:57:59 PM »

My thoughts on Saddam's execution,

Saddam got what he was supposed to get at the time appointed for him to get it. He ruled for the time appointed, he slaughtered for the time appointed, those he ruthlessly ruled and killed were all appointed to be ruled and killed accordingly to their time. We are here at the right time, not one second sooner or later, discussing, debating, what we 'think' should have been done, or how we feel about what took place, and why, but not being able to change what happened or what will happen, we find our selves here, along for the ride that God has planned for each of us.

Still, I found myself with compassion for Saddam when I found out the execution had taken place. I dont know why, I just felt sad.  The look on his face, his countenance, was of a man who had been striped of his power and authority and all that he once was. It was one of a man that God chose to use, to show us all, one more time, that we are NOT in control and this is HIS BBQ.

Peace,
John

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2006, 09:13:52 PM »

My thoughts on Saddam's execution,

Saddam got what he was supposed to get at the time appointed for him to get it. He ruled for the time appointed, he slaughtered for the time appointed, those he ruthlessly ruled and killed were all appointed to be ruled and killed accordingly to their time. We are here at the right time, not one second sooner or later, discussing, debating, what we 'think' should have been done, or how we feel about what took place, and why, but not being able to change what happened or what will happen, we find our selves here, along for the ride that God has planned for each of us.

Still, I found myself with compassion for Saddam when I found out the execution had taken place. I dont know why, I just felt sad.  The look on his face, his countenance, was of a man who had been striped of his power and authority and all that he once was. It was one of a man that God chose to use, to show us all, one more time, that we are NOT in control and this is HIS BBQ.

Peace,
John

Thanks John, my thoughts, your words....

Craig
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.