bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Testament  (Read 5249 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
New Testament
« on: December 30, 2006, 08:52:58 PM »

Ray;

I know you must be busy, your site has given me a lot to think about. I oftentimes read scripture and find myself not agreeing with the doctrines that came out of the 4th and 5th century Church, who of course still felt that the world was FLAT and the Earth revolved around the Sun!
        But anyway, what about the origins of scripture? The attached document says (too) much about it, but it does not make sense that Jesus did not speak and teach in Aramaic ( a language rich in Mystic thought patterns) not to mention his local boys, the Disciples, were all from the surrondind Aramaic speaking towns.
        I am looking into some translations that are more accurate, WHY SPEND ALL THIS TIME DEBATING GREEK WHEN JESUS NEVER TAUGHT IN GREEK?? Just because some of Pauls letters were tranlated into Greek 200 years later??

I know you do  not have the time to reply, but I link to any answer might be nice, if possible.

Meanwhile I will pray for a  direct revelation, for that will be true.

Alan 

Dear Alan:
        It might surprise you to know that we have no original Scriptures in Aramaic either. I have heard
        a lot of people claim that the original autograph manuscripts were written in Aramaic, Syriac, Hebrew, etc.,
        but I have seen no proof of this. It may well be true. Do you feel that the Greek Scriptures are perversions,
        and not accurate?
        God be with you,
        Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.