bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Word of God  (Read 5653 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Word of God
« on: December 30, 2006, 08:54:12 PM »

I am fascinated by your site.  I have a similar call to expose the mistranslations and trashy doctrines that are so prevalent in the church.  I was wondering if you ever looked at the phrase "Word of God" (WOG) and challenged its use in synonymous terms with the "Bible."  One of my pet-peeves is when a preacher raises his/her Bible in the air and talks about what the WOG says, fraudulently attempting to give weight to whatever he or she says next.

My contention is that the true WOG is not and cannot be confined to a book made of paper and ink, but as the scriptures declare, the real WOG is "living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart." - (NASB)  Indication that the real WOG is Jesus Himself (John 1:1ff) is strong.  Other places seem to say that the WOG is what is ingested from the Spirit through hearing (Matthew 4:4).

To even suggest that the Bible is not the same as the WOG is in most circles I know of pure heresy.  It was a real revelation to me to realize that the Bible never claimed to be the WOG, which I consider to be different from God inspired holy writings (2 Timothy 3:16).

Your comments would be welcomed, but I understand you are weighted down with many others - nevertheless I hope to hear from you.

Rev. Bob Ellis

Dear Bob:

I don't know that I would be that critical about calling the Bible [which translation?], The Word of God. Notice what Jesus said:  "If he called them gods, unto whom THE WORD OF GOD came, and the SCRIPTURE cannot be broken" (John 10:35)

Jesus references "the WORD of God" and "the Scripture" as virtually one and the same. And so from His point of view, "Scripture" is also "the WORD of God."

If we are to live by "EVERY word of God" (Matt. 4:4), how MANY JESUS CHRISTS are there?  And combine this with "ALL SCRIPTURES is given by INSPIRATION [Gk: 'God BREATHED'] of God...," are not those "God breathed Scriptures FROM GOD'S MOUTH, the very "words" of God?

Do we think that the apostles were speaking about "leaving JESUS" where it is recorded: "Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should LEAVE THE WORD OF GOD, and serve tables" (Acts 6:2)?  Etc., etc.

Just a small point (maybe), but:

Psa 111:9--"He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: HOLY AND REVEREND IS  H-I-S  NAME."  Not  O-U-R  name.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 22 queries.