bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Trolls who Flame Bait, be on guard.......  (Read 9739 times)

hillsbororiver

Trolls who Flame Bait, be on guard.......
« on: December 31, 2006, 12:01:41 PM »

Every now and then we get someone who makes their first post or one of their very first few posts a topic that is very controversial or has the potential to cause emotional responses. This is a time when discernment, patience and caution should be prayed for and exercised. Be on guard!  

Troll

(v.) (1) To deliberately post derogatory or inflammatory comments to a community forum, chat room, newsgroup and/or a blog in order to bait other users into responding.
(2) To surf the Internet.

(3) To hang around a chat room reading the posts instead of contributing to the chat. (No problem with this at all)

(n.) One who performs any of the above actions.

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, most often in the form of posting inflammatory, off-topic, or otherwise inappropriate messages.        (Wikipedia)

Flame Bait

A subject posted to an Internet group that is designed to produce an emotional reaction and start a flame war.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

longhorn

Re: Trolls who Flame Bait, be on guard.......
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 01:25:28 PM »

There for second, I thought you were talking about my ex.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

hebrewroots98

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 02:28:44 PM »

:) :)Dear Joe,
As a newbe  never having been on a forum in my entire life until now (BT's), please email me personally and let me know if I have and if I ever do cross that line; as I am here for 'truth only'.   I am open to a gentle rebuke if I am ever shown that I am in error.  Thanks for what you are doing, it takes a dedicated and special person.  I appreciate that we are blessed with Godly moderators,  ::)I 'm sure it isn't easy at times.

YellowStone

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 02:45:06 PM »

Joe,

I feel that I may have crossed the line with my post concerning circumstances in the now locked Saddam thread.

I realize now that I could have presented my view point better.

Please accept my apologies, as I clearly knew that I was going to cause dissent. This is clearly wrong, regardless of the motive or intent.

Thanks for the reminder. :)

Love,
Darren

Scribbles

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 03:03:37 PM »

I caught that the other day and lifted the matter up to prayer. Trolls ( "wolves" ) can lead the young'ins (in the Lord) astray, in doubt, caught in a trap, confused, etc.  I'm so thankful for you bringing this out in the open, but yet discreetly, and wisely. This is just one of the "things" we need to be careful of....until He comes....because it's an old tool of the enemy and will always be used as long as we're on the earth.
  Longhorn...you make me laugh every time.....I too, have an "x" and thoughts like that come up alot. This guy was and still is truly a mental, psycho, case.....and I'm not kidding one bit. The Lord truly brought me out of so much, but I'm now at the "stage" where I can kinda josh about things concerning him. Yet out of all the "evil, lies, abuse, etc"....I did, and still do, pray for (about) him. But, if he comes and rings the doorbell, I sure ain't gonna be answering it.....lol

Scribbles

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 04:16:53 PM »

Joe,

Thanks for posting this.  I hope and pray that my topics have never crossed the line.  I try to always encourage others in what I post, unless I really needed help as in my recent prayer request.  Thanks for doing a good job with this forum.  It's nice to know that others are on the lookout for us "young ones" in Christ which I consider myself as.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 05:44:35 PM »

Folks,

Sometimes the moderators lock a thread because our experiance has shown us that whatever is being discussed may be taking a turn toward "bad fruit".  Unless we pm you with admonishment because of a post or we state it on a thread before we lock it, don't sweat it.  Nobody should take it personally, we don't ;).

Blessings!
Craig

iris

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 07:22:25 PM »

Hi Craig,

Thanks for explaining this. I was wondering why some threads didn't have a reply button.

Now I know!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Iris

gmik

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 09:14:38 PM »

Longhorn, you are a hoot!!!

Joe, never knew about the troll thing so thanks.  Now, is a lurker a good or a bad thing??

gena

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 08:31:26 AM »

Thank you for the responses. None who answered in this thread has any reason to think this topic was brought up for their admonishment, it was started only to warn all of us (myself included) about the potentially negative threads that were created by a few out there who may have an agenda of strife and division. I certainly do not see that in any of you.

Craig brought up a great point, normally when we (moderators) delete a post or lock a thread we PM the member with an explaination as to the reason.

Thanks again,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 08:34:39 AM »

Longhorn, you are a hoot!!!

Joe, never knew about the troll thing so thanks.  Now, is a lurker a good or a bad thing??

gena

Sorry Gena I meant to answer your question in my previous post.........

Lurkers are more than welcome, I tend to see them more as the "silent majority" though.  ;)

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

brothertoall

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 11:44:34 AM »

Thank you Joe and there have been times that I have seen this happen. There is a wonderful family of truth seekers here and may the Lord give us all His descernment when these TROLLS try to slither their way in.

I think we all can be a big help to the mods when we get this descernment and to let the mods know when you just do not feel or see something right with a post.

There is always one in every crowd. The best we all can do is to show love and to pray for those who take pleasure in this sort of thing.

Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

bobby

P.S. Longhorn you my friend are something else. I love ya brother!! ;D ;D ;D

joyful1

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 01:58:58 PM »

I think I'm too tall to be a troll. ;D

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 02:06:40 PM »

I think I'm too tall to be a troll. ;D

O.K, we'll make you the Ogre. ;D

Craig

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 02:14:18 PM »

Ooopsies,

Well I wish I was taller.  How tall are trolls again?  Please say they are smaller than 5'4" tall.   ;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 03:03:46 PM »

I have been pondering these scriptures and I believe they tie in to the subject of this thread.

2 Tim 4 : 3 For the time is coming when people will not tolerate, endure sound and wholesome destruction, but having ears itching for something pleasing and gratifying they will gather to themselves one teacher after another to a considerable number, chosen to satisfy their own liking and to foster the errors they hold.

I am becoming increasingly aware that worldly and carnal minded people are among those who  1 Tim 1 : 4 …give importance to or occupy themselves with legends, fables, myths and endless genealogies, which foster and promote useless speculations and QUESTIONINGS, rather than acceptance in faith of GOD’s administration and the divine training that is in faith in that leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence.

And yet how many accept that “free will” by definition, is a worldly and carnal minded assumption that there exists the ability to act independently of God. (Ref. LOF Part 15-B) Can true reverential fear of God begin in the absence of this revelation? Can anyone truly reverentially fear God and NOT know that He is Sovereign?  I don’t think so!  Psalms 111 : 10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.   Proverbs 4 : 7  Above all and before all, do this; Get Wisdom.

1 Tim 6 : 20 ….guard and keep the deposit entrusted to us and to  turn away from the irreverent babble and godless chatter, with the vain and empty and worldly phrases, and the subtleties and contradictions in what is falsely called knowledge and spiritual illumination.

Ecc. 12 : 13…the conclusion of the whole matter, Fear God…this is the whole duty of man.

The duty of man is relative. The Sovereignty of God is Absolute. When the Relative becomes the Absolute then man moves from the Plan of God into the Will of God. When and as this happens then mans whole duty of keeping Gods commandments becomes the consequence not a duty, as in living by grace through faith not law through duty to fear God. This is what I have observed.

As the Scripture says in Ecc 12….the adjustment to all inharmonious circumstances and conditions under the sun and the whole duty for every man is …..Fear God. 

Those who do not fear God are still in the plan don't you think? Those who do fear God are in His will. Here we can discern the distinction between the many and the few. The question is are we in the Will or the Plan of God. Are we turning AWAY from the little foxes or Trolls that would spoil the vine or do we join them? These have been my thoughts.

There is much ground in this Forum that is win win and there are odd occurrences when the ground becomes win /loose to keep the skills sharp to discern the difference and to keep trained and spiritually exercised the  turning of  the other cheek, the fearing reverential gratitude for God’s Sovereignty and  dependence on Christ alone.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 09:07:56 PM »

;)HEY WAIT A MINUTE THERE.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH BEING NEARLY 6 FT. TALL??????  :) ;GUESS I AM CLOSER TO BEING AN ....OGRE???
BLESSINGS AND LUV TO YOU ALL,
SUSAN

joyful1

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 01:08:38 PM »

ahahahahaha!!! Susan-- just got your quote--feel like I certainly could qualify as the nut who held her ground--and as for Craig's comment, I say; "ogres of the world: UNITE!!" Move aside Craig--ogres comin'thru!!   ;D Joyce

Kat

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 01:52:46 PM »

That's what I don't like about ogres, always pushing us trolls around  ::) ;D

peace  ;)
Kat

Patrick

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 02:14:28 PM »

Kat, just keep 5 smooth stones in your shepherd's bag and your sling in hand.
Don't let them giants push you around.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.