bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not exactly new....  (Read 5533 times)

Sorin

Not exactly new....
« on: December 31, 2006, 04:26:00 PM »

Hello brothers and sisters,

Some of you may remember me, while others [newer members] may not. But that's okay, you may get to know me now.   ;)
I have decided to re-join this forum after a period of being away. I left the last time because somebody made it clear that I was a "hypocrite" and she was right..... I was.
I was also having doubt, and not living a 'godly' life. In fact I have even tried to deny God/Christ and just live my life but that didn't work out too well.

So here I am, after much chastetisement and scourging and sleepless nights tossing to and fro like Job, willing to give it another shot.

Take care,
Sorin

P.S. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!

« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 04:27:15 PM by Sorin »

John

Re: Not exactly new....
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 05:37:29 PM »

I remember you Sorin, I read a lot of your posts and can relate to this post, especially the part about denying God and trying to just live my life. Coming to Bible Truths and having our eyes opened is kind of like the Matrix movie, I cant help but remember the guy who wanted to be plugged back into not knowing, but this is bigger than that movie and it affects us all in different ways.

Welcome back!  :)

Peace,
John

DWIGHT

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 05:52:18 PM »

Sorin,

I did'nt know you, but I'm glad you're back.  God really puts those He loves through all sorts of trials and tribulations.  But look where you are now. 

God bless,

Dwight,

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 05:54:25 PM »

hello my poet friend.....I did not forget you so I do not have to re-member you!

Good to see you again!..... I am glad you are restored to favour and fellowship, blessing and unity in Spirit and in Truth.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 06:34:20 PM »

Sorin,

Welcome back to the forum.  I looked in the mirror and guess what I saw?  A hypocrite! ;D Thank God for his mercy and grace.

Rene'

iris

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 07:08:20 PM »

Hello Sorin,

Welcome back!!!  ;D

Where else can you go and find such wonderful fellowship,

and Spiritual help on anything you have a question about?

Its good to see you back again.  :)

Iris

gmik

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 09:05:40 PM »

Hi Sorin!  Thank you for coming back and for sharing/confessing to us.  Dang, none of us got it right and we keep (well, me) messing up.  This also shows me that no matter where we try to run and hide, God just won't let go of us!!  That is so awesome!!
I never thought you were a hypocrite, just human, like the rest of us.

Love Ya,
gena

Sorin

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 06:21:40 AM »

Thank you all for the kind words. While I do believe that God exists, and I realize that we don't have a 'free-will' and our lives were predestinated; everything, who we will marry, or if we will even get married, everything, including when we are to be born, and when we are to die, and how we are to die. Everything down to the last detail.

Why God would concern himself with even the smallest details, I do not know. But I do know He does.

It's all mind buggling when you come to realize how great and mighty God is, and how puny and tiny we are. I mean even this life is not our own, but rather it's His, and He does as He pleases.

All we can do is pray, get down on our knees and beg God for mercy for we are all sinners.
I've come to realize that no matter how hard you try to find a "soulmate" or a significant other to spend your life with, it will not happen until and unless God planed for it to happen. For who has withstood His intention?

We may go against His will [eat the forbiden fruit] but none will ever go against His intentions.
So my prayer to God is that He will forgive me, and that He will have mercy on me, and that He will bless me with what my heart desires above all else in this world, and  He already knows what that is, since He knows my heart, my mind and my thoughts.

May God bless you all,
Sorin

longhorn

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 11:45:53 AM »

Good to have you back Sorin.

Longhorn

brothertoall

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 12:07:31 PM »

Hi Sorin.

It is great to have you back and thank you for sharing. I would be a liar if I said I never did the very same thing you have confessed to us all.

Love to you brother,

bobby

Rene it is funny that you said "when I looked in the mirror I saw a hypocrit." I saw one too and dang, it was me!!!

JJ

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 12:41:37 PM »

So wonderful to have you back, Sorin!!

Have often wondered where you were in life and if we would hear from you again.

I agree w/ all who have posted.   I prefer not to look in the mirror-- so painful!
Daily humiliation! 

Sorin, your honestly and humility  are right on target........  we all come short of the
glory of God, but when we begin to realize this fact and accept that we have no
control over our life and become resigned to let God work us over........ that's the
best place to be.  It may not be fun or even pleasant, may even hurt like hell (the hell of
the christian mind-torture!)..... but in the end, we will be perfected and be w/ our Father
and that will satisfy the greatest desire of our hearts!

Until then, I pray that your time will soon come to find a mate to spend this earth-life with.
And until that time comes, prepare by giving all to God, letting Him clean you out and up,
so that that future relationship with the gal of your desire will be all the more wonderful.

Sincerely,
Jayle

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 02:35:50 PM »

Sorin,

Never have gotten to know you, but welcome back.  Thanks for sharing open and honestly like you did.  I look forward in getting to know you.  Have a great New Year's.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Sorin

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 04:43:34 PM »

Thanks again for the kind words and warm welcome everybody. I wish you all a very happy new year. May God bless you all.

Take care,
Sorin

Bradigans

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 05:33:06 PM »

1 Peter 2:1-3 says - Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, all evil speakings, As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby: If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious. The only way to overcome anything is through THE WORD.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.