bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 5955 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Questions
« on: December 31, 2006, 05:49:22 PM »

>     1. At the baptism of Jesus,  Matt 3:16, ...he[John} saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove...  This seems to indicate God, a Spirit and Jesus coexisting.......The situation seems to appear again in Matthew 28,19-20
>
>     2. At your discussion of the thief on the cross,   Item #4 states... "Just before dying, Jesus said, "Father, into thy hands am I committing MY SPIRIT." So upon death Christ's spirit returned to God, just as ours also do (Luke 23:46). Though Christ's spirit returned to God, Christ (Himself) was DEAD! Christ DIED on the cross for our sins: He did NOT go to paradise for our sins!"
>
>         The result seems to be our spirits hanging around God after death and remaining until the last trumpet. Your prior disc ussions seem to place the spirit in the grave awaiting the last trumpet,  when the dead in Christ will be raised incorruptible to meet him in the air. 1Cor 15 :52.
>     
>         In Luke 23 :46  results in Christ's Spirit returning to God after his death,  What happened at the resurrection when he became a life-giving Spirit, but had not yet assended to his father (John 20, 17).
>     C T

>     Dear CT:
>     Just checked my email before shutting down my computer, hence I am answering your email.
>
>     No, I have never said that our "spirit" is in the grave awaiting the last trump. At death, our spirit "RETURNS TO THE GOD WHO GAVE IT." (Ecc. 12:7).
>
>     I'm sorry, but I don't understand your last question regarding "What happened at the resurrection of Jesus....?"
>
>     God be with you
>
>     Ray

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 05:51:17 PM »

Dear CT:
I will make a few COMMENTS in your email..........

Ray, I appreciate your time in covering these subjects.....My questions may center around terminology .  With the spirit of the dead Jesus being with God and and with the body bring in hades (grave)

COMMENT:  But hades is NOT the grave. Hades is the same as sheol in the Hebrew. It is the "state" of the dead, not the grave, or the location of the dead.

for the 3-3+days prior to resurrection, does the word soul have a meaning (during this period)?

COMMENT:  Yes, of course, the word soul always has meaning. Does it have an "existence," however? No, that is why it is said to be in "hades" which means "imperceptible." There souls which IS PERCEPTION goes to IMPERCEPTION. Hence, it has no consciousness whatsoever.

Was the Spirit of Jesus a separate "consciousness" during this period?

COMMENT:  The spirit HAS NO CONSCIOUSNESS, not even in life. When a doctor puts someone under to operate, the person is NOT DEAD, he still has his spirit, but he has NO CONSCIOUSNESS. We need a brain to have soul and consciousness. When someone shoots you through the brain, you LOSE YOUR SOUL.

God be with you,

Ray

.  In that Jesus is the first-fruits I am attempting to get a mental picture of my own death, burial and resurrection.
                                                                                                                    C T Collins
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.