bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sin versus sins  (Read 6391 times)

roperfam

sin versus sins
« on: March 15, 2006, 10:08:13 PM »

Reading through I John, noticed the useage of sin and sins in different verses. Wondering if this for a reason, or just to make the grammar better. I remember others talking here about the trespass offering and sin offering, and wondering if there is a connection here.

1Jo 1:7 Whereas, if, in the light, we are walking, as, he, is in the light, we have, fellowship one with another, and, the blood of Jesus his Son, is cleansing us from all sin.

1Jo 1:8 If we say-Sin, have we none! we are deceiving, ourselves, and, the truth, is not in us.

1Jo 1:9 If we are confessing our sins, faithful, is he and, righteous-that he should forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jo 1:10 If we say-We have not sinned! false, are we making, him, and, his word, is not in us.

1Jo 2:1 My dear children! these things, am I writing unto you, in order that ye may not be committing sin. And, if anyone should commit sin, an Advocate, have we, with the Father, Jesus Christ, the Righteous;

1Jo 2:2 And, he, is, a propitiation, concerning our sins,-and, not concerning our own only, but, also concerning those of the whole world.

1Jo 2:12 I write unto you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven you, for the sake of his name:

1Jo 3:4 Whosoever is committing sin, lawlessness also, is committing, and, sin, is, lawlessness;

1Jo 3:5 And ye know, that, He, was made manifest-in order that, our sins, he should take away, and, sin, in him, is there none.

1Jo 3:6 Whosoever, in him, doth abide, is not sinning: whosoever is sinning, hath not seen him, and doth not understand him.

1Jo 3:8 He that is committing sin, is, of the adversary, because, from the beginning, the adversary is sinning. To this end, was the Son of God made manifest, in order that he might undo the works of the adversary.

1Jo 3:9 Whosoever hath been born of God, is not committing, sin, because, a seed of him, within him, abideth; and he cannot be committing sin, because, of God, hath he been born.

1Jo 4:10 Herein, is love: not that, we, have loved God, but that, he, loved us, and sent forth his Son, as a propitiation concerning our sins.

1Jo 5:16 If one should see his brother committing a sin, not unto death, he shall ask, and He will grant unto him life,-for them who are sinning, not unto death. There, is, a sin, unto death: not concerning that, am I saying, that he should make request.

1Jo 5:17 All unrighteousness, is, sin, and there, is, a sin, not unto death.

1Jo 5:18 We know that, whosoever hath been born of God, is not committing sin,-Nay, he that hath been born of God, He keepeth him, and, the wicked one, doth not touch him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.