bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preterism  (Read 5626 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Preterism
« on: January 01, 2007, 11:56:07 AM »

Hi, thanks for having the guts to put this site out there, I can see you're  thoughts have made many people angry .But a few out there have been thinking the same things.
    Just a comment about your recent article on the world trade towers .Being a preterist, I believe that all old testiment scripture was fulfiled with the comming of Christ to 70AD
    I really don't see the need for reading current events into scripture at all .I was a dispensationalist for a long time and God showed me how messed up that was . But as far as "The age to come" aren't there really only two ages? The mosaic and the messianic? isn't the age of the messiah never to end? When paul writes "We are in the last days" Who was he talking to way back then,Us? Didn't the mosaic age end with the distruction of the temple and all it's liniage records in 70 AD? Will there be greater disasters ? Probably. Al Gore's movie made a very convincing case that we could be seeing disasterous storms never before seen as a result of our own stupidity. Could the world end ? One asteroid is all it takes and there's millions of 'em out there.
    does it have anything to do with biblical prophesy? For the moment ,I Doubt it.

Dear Eric:
    Are you sure you are living on the same earth as I am, Eric?  You state, "Being a preterist, I believe that all old testiment scripture was fulfiled with the comming of Christ to 70AD."

"ALL the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: AND all the kindredsof the nations SHALL WORSHIP BEFORE THEE"  (Psalm 22:27). This happened in 70 AD?  I thought that some Mulsims recently flew some planes into the World Trade Center?  An act of "worship" toward the God of Israel?

"Yea ALL KINGS shall fall down before Him: ALL NATIONS shall serve Him" (Psalm 72:11).  Is that what Titus did in 70 AD?  Fall down and worship the God of Israel?

"ALL NATIONS whom Thou has made shall come and WORSHIP befoe Thee, O Lord, and shall GLORIFY THY NAME" (Psalm 86:9).  Is that why they Hung Saddam Hussein yesterday? For "glorifying the name of the Lord?"

All these nations and kings have done all these things prophecied by 70 AD?  And I'm still in the book of Psalms--there are hundreds more.

God be with you,
    Ray 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 11:56:57 AM by parsonssc »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.