bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Honorable Vessels  (Read 6366 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

Honorable Vessels
« on: January 01, 2007, 03:18:57 PM »

To All,

I would like to post this e-mail and then write my reflections on it.

" Dear Br Smith
    How does one tell, if there a Vessel of dishoner,
    I need to know this, been feeling a lettle jepped about my life.and all my famileys.
    I stand in oa of HIS grace, now I am wondering about all my life.I know HE has
    been there,even befor I knew of HIM.
                                             Please reply
                                              I realy need the answer.
    Mary

Dear Mary:
    If you think, say, and do "honorable" things, then you are a vessel of honour: if you
    think, say and do "dishonorable" things, then you are a vessel of dishonor.

The Bible says that Jesus "Knows those who are HIS."  By that very statement, the
    indication is that although Jesus knows, WE DON'T. So I am not really in a position to
    judge you on this matter.  But if you love God and love your fellow man, and you
    are overcoming and conquering your sins, then I would guess that you are on the way
    toward being one of God's chosen few.
    God be with you,
    Ray"

This is awesome.  I had been wondering if there was some sort of litmus test to see if you were one vessel or the other.  It is heartening to know that I am on my way to being one of God's chosen few.  It is another good thing that Jesus knows His own.  We are not alone.  It is awesome in knowing that we do not have to go and strive to find and know Him in a sense, that he already knows and has found us.  What a blessedness.  Phillipains 4:6 might relate to this e-mail.

What are your thoughts on this?

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Honorable Vessels
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 04:04:29 PM »

Hello Anne

This also may relate to your post. It is also an e-mail responce from Ray.

Christian?
« on: December 30, 2006, 06:05:02 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what t
ype of christian are you if you are christian?

Dear Lisa:
I am of the "type" that are among the "few chosen," as opposed to the "many called."
Those who obey and follow in the footsteps of their Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.
God be with you,
Ray

I truly believe that I have to learn to appreciate who I know, knows me. Not what I know but who I know, knows me!  This e-mail responce challenges me to appreciate WHO it is who knows me and WHO it was who died for me.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 04:21:25 PM »

Arcturus,

I had read this e-mail and was blessed by it as well. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 04:34:24 PM »

You know everything...EVERYTHING I read from Ray stretches me, challenges me, calls me up higher and reaches down towards me.  :)

I thank Jesus for sending us a teacher in times where there are too many Chiefs and not enough Indians! In the world everyone is a Chief. Outside the world there are precious few leaders sent to only a few called out ones. I want to stay out and am so glad I have been dragged out too!……

Peace to you Anne

hebrewroots98

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 07:19:25 PM »

I thought that I had read something by Ray lately about 'those who have a FORM of Godliness but the truth is not in them...' are the ones who are called the 'vessles of dishonor'.  Plus,  since they are not wanting the whole truth, thus we are to stay away from such!   Was he not speaking of 'christians'?  (I don't mean to pick on them.)  Please remind me of where I saw this posted by Ray, if you remember, and correct me if I misquoted here.  Thanks.

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 08:53:32 PM »

Arcturus,

Yep.  That's why I am resolving to have the rest of the papers read by the end of the month.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Susan,

I remember reading that as well.  Gotta go and figure out where though.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Sorin

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 10:07:59 PM »

I thought that I had read something by Ray lately about 'those who have a FORM of Godliness but the truth is not in them...' are the ones who are called the 'vessles of dishonor'.  Plus,  since they are not wanting the whole truth, thus we are to stay away from such!   Was he not speaking of 'christians'?  (I don't mean to pick on them.)  Please remind me of where I saw this posted by Ray, if you remember, and correct me if I misquoted here.  Thanks.

Hello Susan,
Well I definitely don't have a 'form of godliness' and I think I do have [atleast] a bit of the Truth in me. But I wouldn't call myself a 'Vessel of Honor' no, God hasn't really treated me as such and I definitely don't have what I desire but I do have untold amount of shame, regret, pain, misery and sorrow and [at times] even loneliness.

Sometimes I don't even want to go on living, because my life's so hard and all the shame [from the past] and it seems like there's no point [at times], but I guess it's the hope that maybe, just maybe God will have enough pity [on me] to finally answer my prayers that keeps me going... and I know that no one can change God's mind and when He answers a prayer He first inspires us to pray in accord with what must be so since [we must first pray before He can answer a prayer] I keep feeling inspired to pray, that gives me hope.

So anyways, my point here was that I don't consider myself a 'Vessel of honor' but I do view some of you on this site as such.

Take care,
Sorin 

« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 10:11:03 PM by Sorin »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 01:36:22 AM »

Acts 14:22 Confirming the souls of the disciples and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that WE MUST THROUGH MUCH TRIBULATION ENTER INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

Peace and continued hope to you Sorin my brother

Sorin

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 11:31:35 AM »

Thanks for the kind words Arcturus.

God bless,
Sorin

gmik

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 11:26:22 PM »

Love God, love your neighbor, obey the Word...you are on your way....

I was really shocked to read this.  I thought it was really all God's choice on who was chosen and that there was only going to be a few.  I'm with Sorin, I can't really say, I sorta just hope I only get a few stripes.  I have had a pretty good life with not too many bad things in it.  Married, happily for 33 years.  Good kids.  Awesome granddaughter, twins on the way.  Good job, nice house.......so I don't think....well, I can't even bring myself to say it. 

So many of you, my brothers & sisters on this forum, have gone to helll & back in your lives and here you are singing His praises.  I feel many on this forum are vessels of honor and will be chosen/called to lead the rest of us bcz of your fiery trials.

Sorin (Sor reen to the newbies), you know how I feel about you.  I am so proud of you to share with us what you hope for and how you feel. Please let the past go.  So what if you didn't do all the right things-sin is sin there are no degrees of it.  But don't keep thinking about it or base your destiny on the past.  Fugedaboutit!!!  As God is in control, and as you are praying His will, you will get what you ask.  Hope.  Be patient.  Learn Study stay here w/ us.  I know we will be hearing good things.God IS Good.  Take heart my friend!
love,
gena

Kat

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2007, 11:47:23 PM »

Well the only way I can consider for even one second, that I might be among the few is this scripture.

1Co 1:25  For what seems to be God's foolishness is wiser than human wisdom, and what seems to be God's weakness is stronger than human strength.
v.26  Now remember what you were, my friends, when God called you. From the human point of view few of you were wise or powerful or of high social standing.
v.27  God purposely chose what the world considers nonsense in order to shame the wise, and he chose what the world considers weak in order to shame the powerful.
v.28  He chose what the world looks down on and despises and thinks is nothing, in order to destroy what the world thinks is important.
v.29  This means that no one can boast in God's presence.
v.30  But God has brought you into union with Christ Jesus, and God has made Christ to be our wisdom. By him we are put right with God; we become God's holy people and are set free.
v.31  So then, as the scripture says, "Whoever wants to boast must boast of what the Lord has done." (GNB)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 05:37:27 AM »

That is solid as a rock Kat.

Upon which we build our house......our words, thoughts and deeds! Amen!

Peace be to ya'll builders ;D

gmik

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 07:47:24 PM »

Thank you Kat for that scripture!  Wow!
gena

iris

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2007, 09:13:34 PM »

Hi Kat,

Thank you for that wonderful post!!!

Iris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.