bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The 700 Club Should They Be Supported?  (Read 18129 times)

robtjr30

The 700 Club Should They Be Supported?
« on: January 01, 2007, 11:08:52 PM »

The 700 Club Should They Be Supported?

Everytime I watch The 700 Club they claim If you signup for their CBN Partnership that God will Bless You and Increase your income, business, etc. on theirTV show.They also show lots of stories on this and people saying that by giving to the 700 Club that their business has increased and etc.Has anyonee on this forum ever had any of these things happen to them that the 700 Club claims on their TV show?
Here is what the site says:
Option 1: Become a CBN partner by giving $20 a month or
more or increasing your monthly pledge to a higher club level.
Select a Club Level
  Founders Club $417/month $5000/year
  2500 Club $209/month $2500/year
  1000 Club $84/month $1000/year
  700 Club Gold $40/month $480/year
  700 Club $20/month $240/year
  If you are able to make a larger gift, find out more about the new "Chairman's Circle" club level.
I'm not saying by not giving to the 700 Club or any other ministery that God will not bless or give back to you or anything like that I just wanted to be clear that I'm not bashing the 700 Club either.

Sorin

Re: The 700 Club Should They Be Supported?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 11:15:37 PM »

Absolutely not. Not only should Total Babylon Network (TBN) not be supported but it shouldn't even be watched.
I suggest that you stop watching that garbage immediately for it's doing nothing but poisoning your mind with lies all while blaspheming God's name.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 11:25:41 PM by Sorin »

robtjr30

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 11:24:58 PM »

Please List Your Reasons and how to Stop these TV ministries and which TV ministries should not be supported.
Should John Hagee be supported?
Should John Ankleberg be supported?
Should Hal Lindsey be supported?
Should Benny Hinn be Supported?
Who should really be supported on TV?
List someone.

Sorin

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 11:28:09 PM »

Please List Your Reasons and how to Stop these TV ministries and which TV ministries should not be supported.
Should John Hagee be supported?
Should John Ankleberg be supported?
Should Hal Lindsey be supported?
Should Benny Hinn be Supported?
Who should really be supported on TV?
List someone.

Absolutely not! None of the above. No minister of Babylon should be supported. All tv ministers are charlatans who profit off God's Word.

"...freely you have received, freely give" Matt 10:8
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 11:34:32 PM by Sorin »

robtjr30

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 11:38:24 PM »

Ok so I shiould stop watching TBN but what about the following networks?
Should I continue to watch the following networks?
DayStar TV
Angel One and other TV Networks
God TV
Which one should I watch?If I should not watch no one then who shalll I listen to for the Truth?
List reasons and why.

Sorin

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 11:43:11 PM »

Ok so I shiould stop watching TBN but what about the following networks?
Should I continue to watch the following networks?
DayStar TV
Angel One and other TV Networks
God TV
Which one should I watch?If I should not watch no one then who shalll I listen to for the Truth?
List reasons and why.

I would suggest you check out this site called www.bible-truths.com and that will give you more than enough reasons why you shouldn't support people like this
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HHzOQRTlw1s   and many others like him.

Oh and if you were to stop watching all of those programs/channels that would be fantastic!

The main reason would be because they don't teach The True Gospel Of Christ, if that's not enough reason I don't know what is.  Another reason would be because they pocket most of the money you give thinking it's going to help the poor for themselves. These greedy money-hungry charlatans should most definitely not be supported.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 11:51:27 PM by Sorin »

mari_et_pere

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 11:53:32 PM »

I wish I could become a TV minister. I'd speak the TRUTH of God's Word instead of the man-made religious hocus pocus that consumes Christianity. Only one problem with that: I'm honest and have values, so I'm disqualified.

M@tt

Joey Porter

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 12:55:21 AM »

I suspect that a great deal of the "support" that the 700 Club receives may go into Pat Robertson's pockets.  There are many televangelists who do not seem to be "greedy" or who do not preach the "sow your seed" prosperity message (Charles Stanley, David Jeremiah, John Ankerberg, etc) but I wouldn't send them any money because they don't teach the truth.  Whether they are deliberately deceiving or they themselves are deceived, it still wouldn't be wise to give to them.

Sorin

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 01:02:32 AM »

Also, Robtjr30..... check this out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MzHiR_lVXt4

kennymac

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 01:14:38 AM »

Hello,

I just stopped watching TBN in late August of this past year. Ray's paper: Tithing is unscriptural is power packed with much scripture that will help you see many truths.

I believe that many of these preachers truly love the Lord but God has blinded them. Jesus is the savior of the world. If you are blind to this one truth it will be impossible to understand God's true character and His plan for the redemption of mankind.

These preachers who believe that God plans to torture most of His creation for eternity do not hear the voice of Jesus, and in fact, are preaching doctrines of demons.

When Jesus spoke this; Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity (Matt. 7:21-23). He was speaking to Christians, only those who believe could make such a statements, and it says many, that means the majority of Christianity will have the above words spoken to them.

Why would you want to support men who are blind, who have no ability to hear the voice of Jesus, who are believing and teaching lies? 

I do not think that the moderators like for us to post networks or links.

God bless,

Kennymac

Kat

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 01:27:41 AM »

Hi robtjr30,

Here is a excerpt from Ray's paper, where he addressed this very issue.
This is part 8,  'What Happened to the Church Jesus Built?

http://bible-truths.com/lake8.html -----------------------------------------

"For we are not, as THE MANY, driving a PETTY TRADE with the word of God…" (A New Translation, By J. B. Rotherham).

"For we are not as the MAJORITY, who are PEDDLING the word of God…" (Concordant Literal New Testament).

ADULTERATING HUCKSTERS OF GOD’S WORD

Does anyone have any doubts now, as to what this verse is saying? I hope not. But there is still more in this verse that does not meet the eye of understanding unless we check the Greek. The word from which "corrupt," "profit," "peddling," and "trafficking" was taken, is the Greek word kapeleou, and it means much more than simply selling for a profit: Strong’s Greek Dictionary of The New Testament: #2585. kpeleuo (a huckster); to retail, i.e. (by impl.) to adulterate. This word means to be a retailer, to peddle, to hucksterize; hence, intentionally to get base gain by dealing in anything, to do anything for sordid personal advantage." (P. 128). WOW! But wait … here’s one more definition:

From Greek-English Keyword Concordance, "peddle [kapeleu’o], sell at retail, with the insinuation of improper profit, either by overcharging or adulterating"(P. 220).

Can you even begin to understand and believe what you are reading? Paul said that it was the MAJORITY that were retailing, selling, peddling, huckstering, an adulterated version of God’s word by overcharging improper profits far beyond rational living expenses for their own base gain and sordid personal advantage! Not only was this practice CORRUPT, but, it was being done by "THE MANY," "THE MAJORITY!" Tell me that you can’t see this being done in the church today?

MODERN TV RELIGIOUS SIDESHOW AUCTIONEERS

Turn on your TV. The majority are selling, peddling, hucksterizing an adulterated version of God’s word for improper profit and personal gain! Your will hear sermons on such subjects as, "Planting Seed", or "Seedtime and Harvest," or "Making a Financial Covenant with God," or "Becoming a Faith Partner," or "Tithing on the Gross," or "Your Welfare Check Belongs to God," or "At What Age Should One Tithe?" or "Tithing Your Way to Financial Freedom," or best of all, "Will a Man ROB God?" etc., etc., etc.

At various times during the show, you will be offered: BOOKS, TAPES, PAMPHLETS, VIDEOS, STATUES, PINS, TRINKETS, MEMBERSHIP CARDS, PLAQUES, CANDLES, CERTIFICATES (always suitable for framing), COMMEMORATIVE COINS, BAGS OF SALT, VIALS OF OIL, DIRT FROM THE HOLY LAND, WATER FROM THE SEA OF GALILEE, AND EVERY CONCEIVABLE PIECE OF RELIGIOUS JUNK AND PARAPHERNALIA IMAGINABLE, all for big bucks, (plus shipping and handling)!!

Or maybe you could catch one of Pastor Shambach’s "God Told Me…" sermons. Pastor Shambach has been coercing people on international television for the past several years to send two thousand dollars to TBN. He said that GOD TOLD HIM THAT EVERYONE WHO IS IN DEBT AND WANTS TO GET OUT OF DEBT NEEDS TO SEND to TBN TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS (and if you don’t have two thousand dollars, then you are to send it in by smaller installments)! And if you have money left over, you can go to a thousand web sites where these same religious hucksters have whole stores of religious accouterments for which you can spend your money. I opened one site this week just out of curiosity. They boasted over ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY THOUSAND items for sale.

Sorry, I got carried away.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

kennymac

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 01:43:51 AM »

Hello Sorin,

I just wanted to say I was stunned at what I saw.  I always felt that Benny Hinn and Kenneth Copeland were evil, I had no idea why I felt this, as I did believe that God was going to torture nonbelievers. It is nice to see how God is always helping us.

God bless,

Kennymac

robtjr30

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 01:57:43 AM »

I just was trying to find out if there was any real TV preachers out there but I guess they are all robbers and liars wil have their place in the lake of fiire!
How do you get people to stop the TV preachers?

hummer

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 02:04:08 AM »

ABSOLUTELY NOT. GOD WILL STOP THESE LYING SHEPHERDS IN HIS OWN TIME.

Skip

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 02:04:35 AM »

You do not.  You simply pray for the ones under their "spell" to awaken to the truth.  People are where God plans and wills for them to be.

You cannot stop anything.  You can intercede for those that are still in Babylon.  This is what I do.  

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 02:42:24 AM »

Oh My Gosh!!!  I am absolutely repulsed at seeing that website of all of the 'grossly misled' "preachers of God" and what they are claiming!!!  If I feel so appalled at these 'men of the cloth'; I can only imagine what Heavenly Father is feeling....What blatant disrespect for God, or shall I say how debase can a human being get???!!  I have seen alot of things with 'men of God' in 45 years, but this takes the cake!!!!  UNBELIEVABLE...

Dear, absolutely do not support in any form or fashion these televangelists. The are raveging wolves in sheeps clothing.  I don't trust anyone whom asks for money for Gods works b/c they are just out making a profit from Gods' Word and that is a sin.

longhorn

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 09:45:59 AM »

When ever Im feeling depressed and need a pick me up, all I have to do is turn on TBN and look at Jans pink hair, and that does the trick.  I somehow get pleasure from watching her cry non-stop.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 09:46:45 AM »

;D  :D  ;D

hebrewroots98

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 09:10:34 PM »

;DLONGHORN YOU CRACK ME UP...MY RIBS, MY RIBS, PLEASE STOP. ;)

hebrewroots98

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 09:38:31 PM »

I showed this video (yutube.com) to my husband about that preacher who is inspired to...('make those awful noises') and DH thought that someone was add libbing 'that sound' and that the preacher was really not doing that terrible sound on his own.   Am i niave or just can't accept that 'Gods' people are doing this???? ??? ???
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 17 queries.