bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Get rich with Jesus!  (Read 11696 times)

Sorin

Get rich with Jesus!
« on: January 02, 2007, 01:16:16 AM »

An old ad from Rev. Bob about how to get rich and have everything you ever wanted, if you only will send him money.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTYIv8Y-uCA&mode=related&search=

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Get rich with Jesus!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 02:06:37 AM »

Hmmm,

That was pretty pretty bad.  I cannot believe the masses would fall for something of this nature.  It really gets underneath my fingernails.  I am glad that we are called out of her.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

brothertoall

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 09:25:29 AM »

I always thought at one time myself that you can actually buy your way to salvation. How truly sad and decieving this doctrine is and I can't help but see that people that fall for this actually think that God is well pleased with this.

Just another get rich quick scheme!! :-\ :P ???

bobby

iris

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 10:58:58 AM »

I can understand how peope would fall for this.

Especially if they have been stuck with low paying

jobs all their life and was not ever able to buy much

of anything. They long to be able to better themselves,

so they will fall for these kinds of schemes.

Its sad!!!

Iris

hebrewroots98

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 01:15:43 PM »

Hello,
I just always wondered what God thought  ABOUT all of that money that we 'wasted' on tithing, while thinking that we were being obedient and blessings Him?  (I know what men did WITH that money...built religious careers, decorated church buildings, bought, mansions on earth, the whole nine yards...)  ( HE knew that we were being deceived and that our hearts meant well, and I'm sure that HE had grace on us and perhaps HE '...counted it as righteousness toward us'??  (B/c I know that I have been blessed above and beyond what I deserve as well as beyond what mere money can buy.  I have the heart of God living in this physical body and I am considered one of the Holy Nation of HIS, one of theThe Royal Priesthood of HIS, and one of the Saints of Gods'; I hope that I am considered worthy enough to be called ONE OF HIS ELECT too!  No one can buy Gods' good favor!  (Afterall, it was HE that had first invented  'money'.  I'm just glad that HE sees our heart and not how thick our wallets are... like the gods of this world do!!!

longhorn

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 02:08:26 PM »

True Story.... Here is your chance to receive your own personal "Lucy the lucky chicken's Prayer cloth.  Over 2 dozen of my chickens have met their fate at the hands (or paws rather) of wild dogs and or coyotes or who the heck knows what that rome the countryside here in East Texas.  One chicken, however and whyever, has survived for 3 years and having done so by choosing NOT to sleep(roost) in the chicken coop, but rather sleeping on the front porch AT NIGHT.

The odds of a helpless animal such as a chicken surviving that period of time protected only by my cat Salem(who could give a rat's a@@ about Lucy anyway, is truely amazing.  Lucy sleeps on the front porch on an old bed sheet placed in a cocca-cola crate.  I feel moved by the spirit to pass Lucy's good fortune on to all here on this forum.  Lucy's bed sheet (complete with stains and scattered feathers) has been prayed over and sprinkled with miracle water(rusty pipe tap water), and has been hand cut(torn) into 4"x4" sections that can be easily carried with you at all times for good luck.

Lucy's lucky bed sheet prayer cloth can be your's for only $19.95, half of which will go directly to TBN to help defray the cost of Paul and Jans matching Ler Jets and Yachts.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

John

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 02:17:44 PM »

Longhorn,

You forgot shipping and handling!

Peace,
John

longhorn

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 03:00:05 PM »

Lula Allmon (Real Person)  who lives 1/2 mile from me raises honey bees and "Carrier Pigeons"  Trust me John, Delivery is guaranteed.

Longhorn

hebrewroots98

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 03:43:05 PM »

;D ;DLonghorn, that is hilarious!  And you are sooooo Texan ;)  :D ;D...IF FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN TO BLESS THOSE OF US ON THIS FORUM (I'M OVER HERE IN LUBBOCK-WEST TEXAS.)THANKS FOR THE LAUGH. :D

longhorn

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 03:59:13 PM »

Trust me Hebrewroots98, this is my life.  I enjoy every waking moment.  If Im not making my self laugh, someone or something around me is.  You name it, and I have done it, or thought about doing it, or may do it still, but for some reason God opened my ears and eyes and is the process of conforming me into HIS image (very painfull).  Yes, Lucy is a real chicken, who sleeps in a real cocca-cola box, and Demands that her breakfast grits be mixed with a dash of Peanut Butter and Grape juice.  Go figure.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

hebrewroots98

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 04:13:38 PM »

Wow longhorn, EXCELLENT ATTITUDE TO GO THROUGH EVERY DAY WITH!  :) :)  LAUGHTER IS SO CONTAGIOUS; I LOVE IT.  I'M SURE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN THERE AND DONE IT ALL...I CAN SEE THAT YOU HAVE...(TRUE, CAN BE A VERY PAINFULL GROWTH PROCESS...)

ESPECIALLY WHEN I HEAR OF...

A CHICKEN WITH MAID SERVICE...NOW THAT'S FUNNY!  now I've heard it all; A REAL FULL BRED TEXAS CHICKEN WHOM REQUIRES DAILY CATERED MEALS ;D ;D ;D

...NOW THAT'S A TEXAN CHICKEN IF I'VE EVER HEARD OF ONE...TAKE CARE OF HER NOW ;D ;D ;D

LOVE YA TEX,
SUSAN

brothertoall

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 05:23:39 PM »

Longhorn you are a riot. I'll take 4 of those!! ;D ;D ;D

Do you accept visa,mastercard,american express,walmart card(oops fprget the walmart card it is maxed out!! :'()

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bobby

SandyFla

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 05:30:02 PM »

Hello,
I just always wondered what God thought  ABOUT all of that money that we 'wasted' on tithing, while thinking that we were being obedient and blessings Him?  (I know what men did WITH that money...built religious careers, decorated church buildings, bought, mansions on earth, the whole nine yards...)  ( HE knew that we were being deceived and that our hearts meant well, and I'm sure that HE had grace on us and perhaps HE '...counted it as righteousness toward us'??

God knows our hearts and He judges our motives. We (or at least I) did it out of what we thought was obedience to His word, wanting to give Him what we had.

I'm reminded of the story of a little boy who brought his father a glass of water and inadvertently stuck his muddy finger into it. The father drank it anyway, knowing it came from the heart of his imperfect son. He accepted the muddy water as a gift of love.

Sandy

longhorn

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 05:55:02 PM »

Bobby, your credit is good any day of the week.  4 of Lucy's finest are headed your way.  Boy we serve an AWSOME GOD.

Longhorn

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 06:52:48 PM »

Longhorn,

Hnmmm what are taxes.  Do you accept online payment.  I would like 3 for our familly.  David-Lee can sleep on this instead of his comfortable crib at night and I am sure my husband will not mind giving up his blankies and the bed for this.

You are a riot act.  This made me laugh non stop for awhile.  Oh gosh.

;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

longhorn

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »

Sandyfla.  Salem is not my only cat, but he is the one with the most common sense.  Here are the others by name only.

1. Doodle-  Dont ask

2. Petmont - My goodness

3. Congo

4. Cleo

All of them but doodle were rescued from animal shelter.  There are about 5-6 more down in the barn that remain nameless. 

Love in Christ

Longhorn

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 08:15:28 PM »

Longhorn,

Gotta an idea.  Why don't you ebay the right to name those nameless kitties?  That why you could fund more TBN money and get rich.   ;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2007, 03:50:05 AM »

I want in!!!!! Do you take PAYPAL??????? ;D

You Texans are a riot.

Now to get serious.  Susan & Sandy.  Thank you for saying what you said.  After I stopped tithing I wondered about how God felt about it.  Mostly I gave in a loving spirit and attitude but sometimes I know I tithed out of fear.  Praise God for His goodness to me while being deceived.

love,
gena

SandyFla

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 01:41:53 PM »

Sandyfla.  Salem is not my only cat, but he is the one with the most common sense.  Here are the others by name only.

1. Doodle-  Dont ask

2. Petmont - My goodness

3. Congo

4. Cleo

All of them but doodle were rescued from animal shelter.  There are about 5-6 more down in the barn that remain nameless. 

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Doodle is such a cut name. My cats are Twinkles & Bethany (pictured).

Sandy

SandyFla

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 01:48:44 PM »

Now to get serious.  Susan & Sandy.  Thank you for saying what you said.  After I stopped tithing I wondered about how God felt about it.  Mostly I gave in a loving spirit and attitude but sometimes I know I tithed out of fear.  Praise God for His goodness to me while being deceived.
love,
gena

You're welcome, Gena. I did the same as you ... I even sent my tithe money to Jack van Impe! It's a good thing God looks at our hearts and sees that we're trying to be obedient the best we know how. :)

Sandy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 16 queries.