bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some help  (Read 4607 times)

kennymac

Need some help
« on: January 02, 2007, 02:40:17 AM »

Hello,

My eyes were opened to the truth August of this year. I am having a difficult time these days, my mind seems to be focused on the fact that God is giving us an experience of evil, that He will be chastising us, that He will be refining us in the fire. While I do understand the process is for our good, and a necessary experience for those He has chosen, I am having a hard time finding comfort in the word. Formerly, I believed that God would bless us in this life if we loved Him and obeyed His commandments.

I was hoping that you guys can post some scripture, speaking of positive things that God has planned for us in this life.

God bless,
Kennymac
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 02:42:15 AM by kennymac »

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Need some help
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 03:27:47 AM »

Kenny,

My all time favorite is Jermiah 29:11.  I will do some more posting of Scriptures.  You gave me a great excuse to use my birthday present that I got from some good friends of mine, my Strong's concordance.

I will be in prayer for you that, God will show you what you need at this time.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Robin

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 04:00:54 AM »

1 Peter 4
 1Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

2That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

1 Peter 5:10
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

brothertoall

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 09:06:50 AM »

You are not alone my dear friend. We all go through this but in the end we will overcome through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

Hebrews 12:5-7

5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Revelation 3:12  Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

bobby

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 02:51:11 PM »

Kennymac,

I encourage you to read and meditate on Philippians chapters 3 & 4.  I too am feeling the pains of being humbled, and yes, it is not a pleasant feeling.  However, I rejoice in knowing that the true prize is in obtaining the goal of the "high calling" of God in Christ.

I will pray that you will be an overcomer and stay faithful until the end.

Rene'

hebrewroots98

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 01:34:17 AM »

kennymac,

We are like precious GOLD to God!  Like gold must be tried through fire (us going thru trials in this life ); and as the impurities keep coming up to the surface just to be skimmed off and to make the gold cleaner, (our weaknesses and sins being repented of); until finally there is nothing but the PURE GOLD (the LORD in us) that the fire finally purified completely; (such will we fianlly become in this life.)  Keep on keeping on buddy!  Hope this helps some.

kennymac

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 12:39:27 PM »

Hello

Thank you all for you encouragment

This has helped bring things back into the proper perspective: Philipians 4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Thank you all once again.

Much love to you all,

Kennymac

« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 12:41:25 PM by kennymac »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 03:47:14 PM »

Hello Kennymac

Perhaps these scriptures will encourage you.

2 Cor 4 : 8-10  We are hedged in, pressed on every side, troubled and oppressed in every way, but not cramped or crushed, we suffer embarrassments and are perplexed and unable to find a way out, but not driven to despair; 9. We are pursued, persecuted and hard driven, but not deserted to stand alone; we are struck down to the ground, but never struck out and destroyed;10. always carrying about in the body the liability and exposure to the same putting to death that the Lord Jesus suffered, so that the resurrection life of Jesus also may be shown forth by and in our bodies.

John 14:27 I am leaving you with a gift – peace of mind  and heart. Peace I leave with you; My own peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.

Peace to you.

Arcturus :)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 08:23:37 PM »

Arcturus,

I really love the 2nd Corinthian passage.  In fact that was what I was going to post once I found it.  Thanks for posting it.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2007, 11:47:35 PM »

Kennymac, the scriptures posted were medicine to me.  I needed it.  Thanks all.

love,
gena
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.