bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Birthday Cake  (Read 4360 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

Birthday Cake
« on: January 02, 2007, 03:33:59 AM »

Hey guys and gals,

When it is your birthday this year go and check out your profile.  I got a piece of cake beside my age with one candle.  Now that's cool.  I was supposed to have Mississippi Mud for my cake this year but am going to take a raincheck on it.  I have come down with some throat problems and can not enjoy eating now as it is too sore to eat.  So my birthday cake will have to wait.

So guys what are some birthday traditions that you do each year?

As you know I was born on the second of January in the Phillipines.  If you back it up, I was born on the 1st of January in central US time.  So it is tradition that we celebrate my birthday for two days.  I usually stay up past midnight on both days one to greet the New Year and the next day to greet the New Year of birth I suppose.  We usually have a few drinks.  We then order pizza out on January 1st and then go out to eat on the 2nd.  We usually keep to ourselves and have a great big Mississippi Mud cake baked.  That pretty much wraps out my birthday celebration.

Hoping that everyone will age gracefully in the New Year to come.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

longhorn

Re: Birthday Cake
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 12:25:57 AM »

My Birthday traditions.  Cake and cold beer...sometimes I do without the cake.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

gmik

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 12:54:15 AM »

My birthday is in october.  We just all get together and EAT OUT!!!!  My family knows that is always what I want.  Especially if the restaurant gives free dessert.

Anne, a friend has her birthday on Feb 29.  Every four years she really celebrates!

I feel sorry for Noel babies.  My neice was born Christmas Eve and she always felt jipped.

Longhorn, how many birthdays do you have a year?? 8)

love,
gena

brothertoall

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 09:21:02 AM »

Longhorn you are a nut!! ;D

I usually skip the cake too! ;D ;D ;D

bobby

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 08:37:46 PM »

Oh No!!!

We have the birthday drinks spoiling in the fridge.  I totally forgot about them.  Guess I am going to have to go and have a late celebratory drink with my hubby.

Take care you all.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 02:11:00 PM »

I can't believe I totally forgot about my birthday this year (Well, Oct 6, 2006).  I was admitted to the hospital for anemia on my birthday.  My kids tried to bring the cake in but I was not allowed to eat it. When I got out I had forgotten about my birthday!

Hopefully, 2007 will be a better one!

love,
gena
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.