bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Look how they try to change it!!  (Read 4498 times)

Sorin

Look how they try to change it!!
« on: January 02, 2007, 01:09:52 PM »

The Garden of Eden

5no grass or plants were growing anywhere. God had not yet sent any rain, and there was no one to work the land. 6But streams [a] came up from the ground and watered the earth. 7The LORD God took a handful of soil and made a man. God breathed life into the man, and the man started breathing. 8The LORD made a garden in a place called Eden, which was in the east, and he put the man there. 9The LORD God placed all kinds of beautiful trees and fruit trees in the garden. Two other trees were in the middle of the garden. One of the trees gave life--the other gave the power to know the difference between right and wrong.

The difference between "right and wrong"?   As if that means they already knew the difference between "good and evil" just not between "right and wrong"?

0From Eden a river flowed out to water the garden, then it divided into four rivers. 11The first one is the Pishon River that flows through the land of Havilah, 12where pure gold, rare perfumes, and precious stones are found. 13The second is the Gihon River that winds through Ethiopia. [c] 14The Tigris River that flows east of Assyria is the third, and the fourth is the Euphrates River. 15The LORD God put the man in the Garden of Eden to take care of it and to look after it. 16But the LORD told him, "You may eat fruit from any tree in the garden, 17except the one that has the power to let you know the difference between right and wrong. If you eat any fruit from that tree, you will die before the day is over!"

"right and wrong" is a terrible, terrible translation, no wonder so many christians have not a clue as to what the purpose of creation is.

This is from the Contemporary English Version, boo!

And also, it says: "you will die before the day is over!"     

That's not what God said, because they didn't 'die before the day is over' therefore that mis-translation makes God a liar. it should say: Thou shalt surely die!
As in you are mortal, and you will die [eventually, in the future, not before the day is over].

Take care,
Sorin
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 03:12:23 PM by Sorin »

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Look how they try to change it!!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 02:17:22 PM »

Sorin,

Yep that is sad.  And as long as humans are interested in power and money than there will continue to be mistranslations and things of that nature.  I do not think that things get mistranslated on accident, though some may occur. I think that a majority of the mistranslations is so that it can control the masses.  Look at what atrocities the Catholic Church has done in history.

Good thoughtful post.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 09:44:23 PM »

Yep, mistranslations are just another tool of satans' to use on the babes whom are unsuspecting.  Thank goodness for the 'older ones whom are WILLING to teach the younger ones'.  (thanks, Ray, especially  :D)   

gmik

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 12:35:20 AM »

I remember Ray saying that you have to study, research, dig for the pearls.  They are not clear for a reason.
 When I was discussing this w/ someone, they clearly didn't want to hunt down words in the Greek, or use a Concordance or check out BT. They were content and that was that. Even when I brought up mistranslations, oh, so all the scholars over the centuries missed it but you (me) found it!

It is frustrating to talk to people like that but God hasn't opened their eyes and given them a hunger for the truth.

love,
gena

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 01:29:19 AM »

Gena,

I personally know about that hunger for the truth.  Oh man, I thought that milk was the best and I actually thought that the milk that I was eating was the meat.  But man, now that I have tasted that the Lord is good, my hunger is never satieted.  I thought that once you found truth you were supposed to be satisfied, but I am anything but satisfied.  I always wish to press on and learn and eat more meat.

I would not make it as a vegatarian in regards to spiritual food.  I need to eat more meat hee hee hee.  ;D

You know how that statement is ingnorance is bliss.  Well, I keep thinking that life would be eaiser living it according to Babylon's truth and practices, but once you take the red pill there is no more waking up in Wonderland.  I cannot go back, but as the Matrix says, "If you could go back would you really want to."  I think of Ray as Neo's mentor, whose name slips my mind, who says "I can show you do the door, but you must walk through."  After walking through and eating real spiritual food, I cannot go back to milk and veggies, though a few milk and veggies are helpful.

Good post.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.