bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Repentance?  (Read 5830 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Repentance?
« on: January 03, 2007, 05:48:56 PM »

Dear Shalukey:
I will make a few COMMENTS ...........in your email............

Hi, I am new at all this, I have read some of your letters, and understand.
    I was reading Galatians 5:18-21....I understand if you are not led by the Spirit you will not inherit the kingdom of God.  Your letters say we will be with GOD if we repent and do HIS will.  So if someone refuses to repent ---then what--they will not inherit the kingdom of God, sooo where do they go???? Sounds pretty much to the point, "will not inherit the kingdom of GOD.

COMMENT:  Correct, they will NOT inherit the kingdom. When they die, they will remain dead until the resurrection of the dead. Since they did not obey God, they will be judged. In Judgment they will be taught to obey: "When thy JUDGMENTS are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world WILL LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS"  (Isa. 26:9). And they will ultimately be saved.

About this Christian character....I see that word all over the bible "Christian" but yet you say it is a cult...I don't get it??? Acts 11:26 "disciples were first called Christians in Antioch." Who made up this label? Luke, Barnabas, Saul?

COMMENT:  Actually, you do not find the word "Christian" "all over the bible" as you suggest. It is found but three times, and it appears to have been a term of contempt for those who followed Jesus Christ.

[1]  "Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a CHRISTIAN" (Acts 26:28). This was Agrippa speaking and not in a favorable light. He didn't say: "Almost you persuade me to be a follower of the Christ."  No, he said "CH-R-I-S-T-I-A-N."

[2]  "Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf" (I Peter 4:16). In other words, suffering at the hands of those who called these followers of Jesus Christ "C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-NS" in a contemptious way. Peter was not endorsing this term, but merely expressing how those who would cause "suffering" on a follower of Jesus, would term them or name them.

[3]   "And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch" (Acts 11:26).  Again, it is the outsiders who are calling the fillowers of Jesus "Christians." They did not call THEMSELVES "Christians."

What do you label yourself as? ( Sorry if I sound ignorant, I'm new)

COMMENT:  It's okay, I am still ignorant of many things.  Actually I don't "label" myself at all.

I do, however, confess that I am a follower of Jesus Christ.

God be with you,

Ray

Just trying to figure it out, Thank you
    Shalukey

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.