bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Praise Party, Everyone invited  (Read 8471 times)

longhorn

Praise Party, Everyone invited
« on: January 04, 2007, 12:44:12 AM »

Lift his name up.  This is one of my favorite verses of scripture.  Psalms 119 vrs 130.  The entrance of your words gives LIGHT.  It gives UNDERSTANDING to the simple.   Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for opening my eyes.  Praise His Holy name.  Feel free to do the same.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Praise Party, Everyone invited
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 01:02:36 AM »

Longhorn,

Praises being sent up to the Lord who is so AWESOME from the corner of West Texas and Lubbock.  God is so good.  Life is good and good is enough.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 01:03:32 AM by rrammfcitktturjsp »

longhorn

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 01:16:08 AM »

I will keep this going if I have to cut and paste the entie Bible.  Here is another favorite.
Psalm 113 vrs 3-  From the the rising of the sun to its going down, The Lords name is to be Praised.

Longhorn

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 01:43:08 AM »

Longhorn,

That would make for a really, really, long post.   ;D

I like the Scripture where Christ says, If the disciples or whoever was praising him at the time then the rocks would cry out with praises.  I am sure I slaughtered that one. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 02:14:54 AM »

DID THIS EMAIL MAKE IT?  i SEEM TO BE HAVING A PROBLEM POSTIN THESE AT TIMES??

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 02:18:00 AM »

Susan,

You posted that in the thread.  The wonderful things about us here in the forum is that we are patient.  I guess you are reposting.  Look forward to reading it.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 02:39:44 AM »

OK, i'LL HAVE TO REWRITE WHAT HAD JUST WRITTEN, AS MY EMAIL MUST HAVE GONE INTO CYBERSPACE AGAIN; (OR SHALL I SAY THAT MY EMAILS KEEP GOING DIRECTLY TO GODS' THRONE AND HE IS TAKING MY PRAISES FROM THIS THREAD AND USING THEM FOR HIS PLEASURE...I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY :D;) ;) :D  (I'VE GOTTA BLAME SOMEONE DON'T I?) :D

Longhorn, those words of praise remind me of my favorite praise son ever (by Paul Wilbur);

WHO IS LIKE THE LORD?  THERE IS NO ONE;
WHO IS LIKE THE LORD?  HE IS WORTHY,
WHO IS LIKE THE LORD?  HE IS STRONG AND MIGHTY!
STAND UP AND GIVE HIM THE PRAISE!

PRAISE THE LORD, PRAISE THE LORD'
OUR GOD IS WORTHY OF GLORY!
FROM THE RISING OF THE SUN,
TILL ITS' GOING DOWN, THE NAME OF THE LORD IS TO BE PRAISED.

STAND UP AND PRAISE HIM AND GIVE HIM THE GLORY,
STAND UP AND PRAISE HIM AND GIVE HIM THE GLORY,
OUR GOD ISWORTHY OF PRAISE.

MY 8 YO IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN BED RIGHT NOW BUT I HAD TO ASK HIM IF I WAS SINGING THESE WORDS CORRECTLY AND HE HAD TO SING ITHIMSELF, SO ME AND DANIEL ISAIAH SANG IT TOGETHER IN PRAISE TO THE LORD...ONLY PROBLEM IN, IS THAT THAT WAS MORE THAN 20 MINUTES AGO AND HE WON'T GIVE IT UP; EVEN THO HE IS SLURRING HIS SONG SINCE HE IS SLEEPY!!  HE LOVES IT.  (ANNE KNOWS HOW IT IS TO RIDE IN MY TRUCK; WE CRANK IT UP (ESPECIALLY THIS SONG...)AND WE HAVE A GOOD TIME.) ;D ;D

SPEAKING OF ANNE EVERYONE; I HAVE TO TELLYOU SOMETHING ABOUT HER THAT YOU DID NOT KNOW.  SHE IS A CLASSICAL PIANIST AND SHE WILL MELT YOUR HEART THE FIRST TIME THAT YOU HEAR HER PLAY ( ESPECIALLY PRAISE SONGS!)  SHE HAD ME BAWLING THE FIRST TIME THAT I HEARD HER PLAY.  SHE IS SOOOO ANNOINTED IN HER PAYING THAT I PERSONALLY HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYONE PLAY AS GREAT AS SHE DOES.  SHE PLAYS IN THE CLASSICAL STYLE; IT IS CLASSY FOR SURE.  SHE IS DANIELS PIANO TEACHER AS WELL.  HE ABSOLUTELY LOVES HER SOOO MUCH!

THANKS FOR STARTING THIS THREAD, LONGHORN.  WE LOVE YOU BUDDY!
BLESSINGS,
SUSAN

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 02:55:53 AM »

Susan,

Hi.  That was a wonderful post.  As I was telling you, before I was going to post in this particular thread I was checking my e-mail.  I was thinking about Longhorn's post and was going to go and post the lyrics to the Paul Wilbur song that you have just posted.  In fact when I read the post I just kept singing the "Stand up and praise him, and give him the glory" section over and over.

And then that's when you decided to call.  So I will be glad to be a second witness on this.  SUSAN GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D  I should have thought that my head was a scary thing.  We have been hanging out together too much, but then again I love hanging out with you.  I do not know who is rubbing off on who, but maybe time will tell.

As for your posts disappearing.  I posted one time and it was taken.  I looked around the halls of cyberspace and heard a loud burp and something shuffling off.  I looked around the corner and saw the cyberspace post eating monster.  He seems pretty hungry of late and has not had much to eat.  I was glad to help him out and you should be too.  Between the both of us, we should be able to keep him well fed and happy.

I would love to crank up the Paul Wilbur CD in your truck again.  I sure do like it when Daniel and I just let go with the music and head bank to it, though I am not sure that Terry likes the idea.  I cannot believe that Daniel sang for 20 minutes, perhaps he should go into the Guiness book of records.  Again, what is he doing with those pots and pans?

I love Daniel.  I look forward to seeing you all soon.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

NOTE: The rest is to Longhorn,

Longhorn,

Do you do anything musical?  Susan and I were talking about the fact that everything that you say is a praise to the Lord.  I commend you on that.  Thanks for being someone that I can look up to and a positve role model.  Though, I think I will not keep shoes any longer than 2 years.   ;D
Godbless.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 03:06:37 AM »

NO ANNE, YOU GET OUT OF MY HEAD! ;) ;) ;D :o

I HAVE TO TELL THE OTHERS THAT MY DH AND DS AND I WERE THE FIRST ONES TO  GET YOUR (OUR) LITTLE BABY DAVID HIS VERY FIRST PIANO.  IT IS ONLY ABOUT THREE FETT HIGH AND IT IS GREEN AND IN THE SHAPE OF AN ALLIGATOR.  (HE WILL BE PRAISING THE LORD IN NO TIME NOW.)  ACTUALLY, HE DOES B/C ALL HE HAS TO DO IS JUST LAY ON HIS LITTLE TUMMY AND REACH HIS LITTLE HANDS UPWARD AND HE IS ABLE TO TOUCH HIS VERY OWN PINAO.  (6 MOS OLD AND HE ALREADY KNOWS WHAT A PIANO DOES..SMART KIDDO), HE'LL TAKE AFTER MOMMY IN THE MUSIC DEPT.  I'M SURE.  ...AND WHO SAYS THAT LITTLE BABIES DON'T KNOW ANYTHING???  PLAY ON CHILD.... :D :D

LUV, AUNT SUSAN AND DANIEL

hebrewroots98

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 03:09:46 AM »

SORRY GUYS, I KEEP FORGETTING TO TAKE THE CAPITOL LETTER LOCK KEY OFF :-[ ::) :-\

NITE, NITE FOR NOW.
BLESSINGS,
SUSAN

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 03:11:52 AM »

Susan,

We got some pictures of David-Lee playing his alligator piano today.  He seems to already know not to bang on the piano and can make melody and harmony.  He tends to use major intonations and is now branching out the minor.  I was very proud of him, when he kept playing tritones and looking at me and smiling.  That son of mine is learning each and every day.

One of my favorite things to do is to sit his piano beneath mine and sit him between my legs on the floor.  I will play praise songs to God, and he will be underneath me laughing and playing along with me.  I am tempted to use some of his melodies and harmonies in my own arrangements of hymns becuase they are unique.

This child has a gift of music and I am seeing this everyday.  When I see him playing or laughing, or trying to sing, I just smile and want to praise God.  It is true, Children are a blessing from the Lord.  I just keep on getting blessed and more blessed.

Thanks for being there for our son as well as for us.  Talk to you later.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 05:09:50 PM »

We shall see His face,

From the rivers of Life we will drink

and We will dance all over the place.......

Yes, we'll dance when we see His Face.

and;

Lord you are more precious than silver

Lord you are more costly than gold

Lord, you are more beautiful than diamonds

And NOTHING I desire compares with you!

Those two songs melt my heart and I still use them when I praise-even tho they may not be biblically accurate.

He who dwells in the secret place of the MOst High, shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Ps 91:1
All of Psalm 91 is a blessing but the word picture vs 1 gives me is such safety & calm. I try and retreat there always!

I have more too Longhorn but I am at school and the kids are getting restless! ;)

Love,
gena

kennymac

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 07:11:54 PM »

Great thread Longhorn thank you, and all who have contributed.

These are the days of Elisha declaring the word of the Lord,
And these are the days of your servant Moses, rightousness being restored
And these are the days of great trials of famines and darkness and sword

Still we are the voice in the desert crying, prepare ye the way of the Lord
behold He comes riding on a cloud shining like the sun at the trumpets call
lift your voice its the year of Jubilee out of Zion hill salvation comes

These are the days of Ezekiel , the dry bones becoming as flesh
And these are the days of his servent, David rebuilding the temple of praise
And these are the days of the Harvest, the fields are right in your world
And we are the laborers in you vinyard, declaring the word of the Lord

Behlod He comes riding on a cloud shining like the sun at the trunpets call
lift your voice it's the year of Jubilee out of Zions hill salvation comes

THERE'S NO GOD LIKE JEHOVAH, THERE'S NO GOD JEJOVAH, THERE'S NO GOD LIKE JEHOVAH

Acts 1:11Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven

Luke 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 11:43:28 PM by kennymac »

kennymac

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 07:36:43 PM »

I'll take you back to where you where with me, before the fall of man
I'll restore your soul, I'll reconcile your heart, I'll give you back your true identity.

I'm removing the veil, from your eyes so that you can clearly see
You will be with me in paradise on this earth you'll walk with me

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 11:29:29 PM »

Kenny,

I had to sing though your These are the days of Elisha post.  Another great Paul Wilbur.   Thanks for posting.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 04:46:40 AM »

Gena,  I ite have to say that by far Psalms 91 is my most favorite of all of the Psalms!  This one got me through the first Gulf war smoothly and unscathed!  ("though 10,000 fall at your right side and thousands at your hand, TROUBLE WILL NOT COME NEAR YOU;...I WILL POST MY ANGELS ROUND ABOUT YOU AND THEY WILL GUARD YOU..." :) (paraphrased)

Kenny and Anne: Yes, we crank that one up to in the truck or at the house.  Our Daniel has heard this since he can remember and from the age of 2 he would call this the TORAH song??? ??? :D  This is his all time favorite.  He would go and get out his real/miniature guitar (or what ever he could find- flute, bells, tambourine, harmonica- it didn't matter to him he was all about playing  his praises to God, and still is ;D

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 07:20:18 AM »

Susan,

Well now he has a piano to praise God and I am sure he has already done so if he has not done so already.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

To All,

I do not know if this one has been quoted yet.  "Make a Joyful noise unto the Lord.", if it has I am still going to quote it again.  I love this verse.  Makes the music jump right out of me onto the instrument of choice, just wish it would jump out on paper.   ;)

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 12:29:18 PM »

oh yeah, Pslms 100...(the very first Psalm that I had ever memorized as a  kid and I can still remember it today.)  We did this for a Thanksgiving Play at elementary school one year.

Anne, Yes, Daniel does have a piano now to play on in praise to God... lets' see how far he will take it :D  So far so good.  He made a melody the other day that was amazing; I told him to keep on- it was so peaceful and sweet.)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 03:14:40 PM »

Susan,

I will have to remember to let Daniel show me this on Monday when he comes on next week.  I look forward to it.  I love how you are encouraging him to blossom and grow in his musical talents.  He will take off running, oh ooops, he already has.  <Takes off to cath him>

Tell Daniel that I am proud of him and he serves as inspiration for me.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hebrewroots98

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 04:17:23 PM »

Anne, I just told him what all that you said.  He said to say 'thanks for telling me all of that and that I ought to erase what I had written on your birthday card and put  you as the FIRST BEST PIANIST EVER!!! (Daniel had written a bday card to Anne the other day that stated 'you are the 4th best pianist in the world" (meaning that she takes 4th place next to Bach, Beethoven, and Mozarrt.)  Girl, you have just moved into first place, CONGRATULATIONS!. ;D ;)   For those of you that didn't know, Anne is an amazing Classical Pianist, and is the piano teacher of Daniel.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 17 queries.