bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Cancer and surgery and my faith  (Read 10221 times)

Slim

Cancer and surgery and my faith
« on: January 04, 2007, 03:17:16 PM »

I have prostate cancer and will be getting surgery in a few days. During this time I am stressed but also grateful that God has given me the blessing of faith. I have faith that no matter what happens, the result is good because God is in control. Even if I die, (I doubt it) it will be good because God is in control. I am certain that God is good and God is love, so I can't lose. If I suffer then I will be given much. My wife and daughter are both treating me much nicer than they used to, and I am grateful. I will have lots of time off from work for which I am grateful. I will have pain killers to help with pain and books to entertain my mind and so I am grateful. Thank you God for allowing me to have cancer on this wonderful world you have created. I feel blessed with each breath I take. I feel no different than before I had cancer, which is I am like a library book out on loan. I will eventually have to be returned. But in the meantime my daily prayer is till true.

Today is the day that the lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

If I did not have faith in God I would be afraid, but I am not.
It's a good thing Jesus specializes in healing. ;)

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Cancer and surgery and my faith
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 03:24:34 PM »

Slim,

What a beautful faith that you have right now.  Slim to face either outcome with the assurance of God and his promises for you that is so wonderful and uplifiting to me.  Please know that I will be praying for you to have the grace, strength, and blessings during this time. Please keep us updated on this condition.  You have truly exemplified the Scripture where it says to rejoice in all things and to give God thanks in all circumstances.  Your outlook on life is so refreshing.  Thanks for blessing me with this post. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

iris

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 03:58:52 PM »

Hi Slim,

I will be praying for you.

Keep us informed.

Iris

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 04:08:42 PM »

Hello Slim,

Thank you for the inspiring testimony Brother, you will be in my prayers.

His Healing Peace to you,

Joe

YellowStone

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 04:12:02 PM »

May God continue to bless you Slim. :)

Your post and faith in our Lord God is truly inspirational and my prayers will certainly be with you.

May your pain be light,

Love,
Darren

DWIGHT

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 04:17:30 PM »

Slim,

My prayers are with you brother.  I'm encouraged in your faith.

Dwight,

Kat

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 04:22:48 PM »

Hi Slim,

You are a wonder example of this scripture.

1Th 5:18  In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

I will be praying for you.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 04:35:50 PM »

Slim, what a beautiful witness & testimony! You and your family will be in our thoughts & prayers.
It sounds like the Lord has worked in you to prepare you for this trial.  He will Never leave us or forsake us.

love in christ,
gena

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 05:39:08 PM »

Hi Slim,

The Lord has blessed you with both faith and courage; and you have blessed us with your testimony. 

May His grace and peace be with you.

Rene'

kennymac

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 06:17:09 PM »

Slim,

You are truly blessed,  it is the mind of  Christ in you, that has allowed you to see this situation as you have. Thank you for the inspiring words. You have truly lifted my spirits, reminding me God is always with us. We can have peace no matter what obstacles come our way. Your faith has made you whole, no matter what.

I will lift your name up in prayer!

God bless,

Kennymac

brothertoall

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 09:52:49 AM »

That was beautiful Slim. I pray God will give us all the faith that He has so graciously given you.
Thank you my friend.

bobby

chuckt

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 10:40:04 AM »

hello all.

i work with slim, we have church everyday, i thank God he brought us together.
slim has been a great help to me, in fact two yrs ago it was slim who helped get me back into the word.

God is so good and through all our trials he never leaves nor forsakes!!

slim is a testimony to the LOVE  of Christ.

slim, may God grant you peace through this time of need.

God bless and we all are praying for ya!!

love
chuckt

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

Eph 3:18  May be able to comprehend with all saints what [is] the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

Eph 3:19  And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Slim

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 03:48:04 PM »

Thank you all for your kind words. I truly do have spiritual brothers and sisters that care about me. May Jesus bless you all with the love and assurance that only he can give and may your lives be more abundant because of it. He will never leave us and never let us down. He is our Shepherd and we his sheep. I don't mind being a sheep for Jesus. Moo moo, I mean bah bah. I may be out of touch for a while but this sheep will do fine. Thanks again for your words.

Today is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice....and be glad in it.

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 04:13:01 PM »

Slim,

Well keep us updated as often as circumstanaces and time permits.  You are in our prayers whether we hear from you or not.  And yes it is always a day for rejoicing.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 06:56:15 PM »

His Peace be to you and your family in this trial Slim

It is right that you trust, lean and depend on Christ for your needs. He is the only One who is author and finisher of you faith.

Peace and all good thoughts towards you

Arcturus :)

andrevan

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 08:45:31 AM »

My thoughts and prayers are with you Slim. Thanks for your beautiful and uplifting post.

May God's peace remain with you.
Andrevan.

Robin

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2007, 05:11:26 PM »

I've been praying for you Slim and will continue.

Check in when you can.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2007, 10:19:43 PM »

Slim,
May God bless you and keep you and make His countenance to fall upon you and be gracious unto you, and give you Shalom/peace through your trails.  If you will email me, I can tell you of something that could keep you from having surgury and that will kill that cancer.  I know of hundreds of thousands of people whom have had their lives saved by this treatment. 

I can relate to what you are going through as far as having to rely fully on God to supply for your every day; as I have 'Gulf War Syndrom' and I am doing well compared to alot of GI's.  Most days are fine, but others are a trial.  God has not provided me with the money needed to get the best treatments that I know will help me, but, He knows why that is.  I, like you, just trust in the fact that He will not give me more pain and suffering than I can handle, and He has been true to His word.   Your'e a great example of living your life in thanksgiving and joy no matter what effects you.   I am encouraged and blessed by your example!  Thank you. :)

i look forward to hearing from you. 

Slim

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 09:50:36 AM »

My surgery went well. I have no further treatments and they believe that all the cancer has been removed. Although it was not easy during the recovery, it was in no way unbearable or torturous. Certainly I was uncomfortable, but so what? Life has many little burdens on the way and I don't begrudge God when they come along. I never once worried that my cancer would be out of control or that I would die. It was not that I did not recognize those possibilites, it's just that those are things that God controls, not me. So I rested in his love and wisdom and did not fret. However, my wife and daughter worried a lot for me. They worried more than I did. If they shared my faith they would have been less worried. I am closer with my wife than I used to be and my love for her has grown stronger than before. My relationship with my daughter has improved and many blessings have fallen my way since I have been diagnosed with cancer. God is good and Jesus loves us. Life is good and I for one am most grateful to our creator. I also recognized that all those people who are in the healing field have a divine mission and I am grateful to them also. They get to help people every day as their job and what could be a more Godly purpose than that? It makes me wish I too was a healer. I heard or read somewhere that Jesus was/is very good at healiing. ;)

Kat

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 10:20:54 AM »

Hi Slim,

It is so good to hear from you,
and even better to hear you are doing well  :)
I will being praying that your continued recovery.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.