bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cancer and surgery and my faith  (Read 10224 times)

hebrewroots98

Re: Cancer and surgery and my faith
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2007, 11:21:49 AM »

Oh Slim, I had been wondering how things were going for you.  BARUCH HASHEM!! PRAISE GOD (HEBREW) that HE saw fit to get you through this in a bearable and VICTORIOUS WAY.  YES, HE IS THE GREAT PHYSICIAN!!!  WHAT GREAT NEWS AND WHAT IS EVEN BEST IS YOUR EXAMPLE OF PEACE THROUGH THE STORM!  Slim, GOD has plans for you for sure :D :D :D, and especially for your family to get to learn from your faith :D.  Keep up your encouraging example of A GODLY LIFE, I for one am so proud to have a brother like you, you are a light in a dark world! 8) ;D

I miss the patient care part of nursing in a bad way.  It's been about 5 yrs since I have been nursing (after about 21 years of it).  I loved being able to bring a smile to the patients'  faces and more than that, to be able to encourage and talk to them about God and His wonderful mercies.   So many times I had patients that were a willing, needy, appreciative and a captive audience to be able to minister to, comfort, and pray over (to their family members as well)...soooo many good memories right now.  (Thhat makes me want to go backt o the hospital and to become a chaplain now....????)

Keep us informed Slim; still praying for your recovery. ( MODERATORS, WHERE IS THE PRAYING SMILEY FACE????

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 11:50:12 AM »

Slim,

What a powerful update to wake up to and to read after shortly logging in.  Thanks so much for updating.  What a powerful testimony to the Scripture where it says, "By my stripes you are healed."  Thanks so much for sharing.

I will be still be praying for you.  Please by all means keep us updated.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007, 11:57:25 AM »

Slim, thanks so much for your uplifting testimony.  We give God all the Glory!  God Bless you Brother.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2007, 04:24:38 PM »

Slim

Thank you for sharing your experiences and the good news of deeper love between you and your family. That is no doubt the handiwork of Christ and his blessing to you was to perform it while you were wide awake to adversity. If you had not been so wide awake by adversity you may have missed Him walking over the waves of your storm to come to you and give you peace and blessing. It makes me wonder, do we notice Him nearly as much as when things are going well?!

I believe that part of our learning curve is to see Him in the good times and the bad times and it is in the bad times where we are taught this lesson. Not everyone gets it though because many are called and few chosen. I am happy that you discerned that it is Him who blessed you and restored you all the while enriching the family bond you have with your wife and daughter.

That is so precious. I am very happy for you that you have received this experience through which  His presence, peace and authority in your life was made more real for you.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 04:55:11 PM by Arcturus »

Jackie Lee

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2007, 04:30:22 PM »

When we can see God in all things that was when my understanding became more clearer.
 Praying for you Slim.

PKnowler

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2007, 07:00:40 PM »

Hi Slim,

I'm glad to hear the surgery went well and that they were able to get all the cancer. Praise God!
It is hard on the family when a loved one goes through something like this!
I pray your recovery continues to go well! Take it easy and take care of yourself.

Bless you!  :)
~Paula 

DWIGHT

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2007, 08:54:31 PM »

Hi Slim,

Praise God for your recovery.  It reminds me of what Peter said, "That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:" I Pet. 1:7.  Thank God Slim, this will make you even stronger in Him.

In Him,

Dwight
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.