bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'An Encouraging Word About Death'  (Read 7661 times)

SandyFla

'An Encouraging Word About Death'
« on: January 05, 2007, 03:43:38 PM »

I just read Ray's new paper and can relate ...

A few years ago, I had a procedure done at a clinic where they put me to sleep and looked around inside my stomach. I was taken into a room and laid on my side. The doctor came in, I blinked ... and the clock had moved ahead 35 minutes. I was lying on a gurney outside the room, with my dad was sitting beside me. I kept asking, "Is it over?" I was slightly disoriented, as I didn't even feel myself drifting off into unconsciousness. I was awake ... then I was awake.

That's what death is like. We go to sleep here (blink) and wake up in the resurrection.

Sandy

TRUTHSEEKER

Re: 'An Encouraging Word About Death'
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 03:52:01 PM »

I too enjoyed this paper.  I am so glad that death is nothing like what the church teaches.  If it was we have a lot to worry about. 

iris

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 12:30:04 AM »

Hi Sandy,

I really injoyed reading the paper also.

Yes, when we die, it will for us, be just a moment in time until were awake again.

Iris

deejcop

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 12:59:26 AM »

Sandy,

That is SO true what you said about what happens when you go under anesthesia. I had my shoulder operated on back in September, and I remember right before the anesthesiologist administered the goods to me, how much anxiety I was under while lying on that table. I recall my eyes closing, and a 4 and 1/2 hour surgery seemed like a blink, and I was awake and the nurse was asking me how I felt.

I imagine death being much less painful than birth...something ELSE I don't remember! :)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 01:03:21 AM by deejcop »

Kat

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 02:04:55 AM »

Hi Sandy,

As you said--

That's what death is like. We go to sleep here (blink) and wake up in the resurrection.

We are all just a breath away from this sleep of death, because every breath we take is a gift from God, so death could come at any time.
That is what I think was the meaning of what Jesus was saying, "the kingdom of Heaven is at hand".

Mat 4:17  From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, Repent! For the kingdom of Heaven is at hand.

I think Jesus was telling us not to be looking for the kingdom to come at some distant point in time, because for any of us, it could be today or next week or at any time.
It is a sobering comprehension, that we could be driving down the road and all of the sudden be awakening in the kingdom.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 03:29:19 AM »

So true!!

gena

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 04:06:20 AM »

Hey guys, just wanted to share the same centiments about the paper ray wrote. Though i understood much of this, i was never able to formulate it into words as ray did. I think its beautiful now that i can understand it so very clearly.

I used to fear death, not in a way that i was afraid of death itself, but that i wasn't sure what it was gonna be like when i'm dead. Though i understood it was sleep, i still never quiet lookd at it the way ray put it. You live, die and death to you is like it never happened, you might experience the act of dying but you will never really experience death. To me seeing that and finaly realizing truly this, was a blessing. I have absolutely no fear now of my death in any way, not even the act of it, for i recon that this present suffering is worth the glory to come in Christ!

All i will ever experience is life! How wonderful, praise our Lord He is awsome.

Love truly does cast out all fear!

In Christ,

Alex

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 05:03:16 AM »

I just read the paper ! OH how I love our Ray Smith !! Ray you are trully blessed and so are the rest of us here.

That paper just made my day......YeeeeeeHaaaaaaa

God Bless all of you guys...Love John

jennie

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 11:13:40 AM »

I don't know if this fits here or not but here we go! My Granny, who was one of the sweetest Granny's anybody could hope to have, was dying. We had just found out that there was nothing more to be done. She wanted to go home to the farm where she and my Papa were together . We took her home and took turns staying with her. That was such a blessed time in my life as she told me stories of when she was a little girl, how she met my Pa and all. One day I asked her if she was afraid of death. She looked at me with a smile on her face and said she had no reason to be afraid that she was just going back to the place she came from. I had never thought of it that way. She said she didn't remember how it was before she was before she  was born and she didn't know how it would be when she got back but there was no fear. she helped me so much. Much love, Jennie

mari_et_pere

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 08:34:57 PM »

She looked at me with a smile on her face and said she had no reason to be afraid that she was just going back to the place she came from. I had never thought of it that way. She said she didn't remember how it was before she was before she  was born and she didn't know how it would be when she got back but there was no fear.

"...going back to the place she came from." That's aweome! Have any of you ever wondered where you came from? I don't mean the womb, I don't mean being created specifically, I mean exactly 100% where you came from? Darkness? Unconciousness? Nowhere until God made you a fertilized egg inside your mommy? Intriguing. Well it is for me anyway. I'm kinda weird though.  ::)

M@tt

Sorin

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 11:49:33 PM »

She looked at me with a smile on her face and said she had no reason to be afraid that she was just going back to the place she came from. I had never thought of it that way. She said she didn't remember how it was before she was before she  was born and she didn't know how it would be when she got back but there was no fear.

"...going back to the place she came from." That's aweome! Have any of you ever wondered where you came from? I don't mean the womb, I don't mean being created specifically, I mean exactly 100% where you came from? Darkness? Unconciousness? Nowhere until God made you a fertilized egg inside your mommy? Intriguing. Well it is for me anyway. I'm kinda weird though.  ::)

M@tt

Hehe.  :D ;D   

Well then I must be 'kinda weird' too 'cause I've thought about that myself.

Take care,
Sorin

YellowStone

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 09:06:51 AM »

In a twinkle of an eye, we will be changed.  ;)

I have considered death being timeless, not everlasting as some would have us believe, but rather like it never happened.

Praise be to God for giving Ray this insight for he has confirmed what have believed for many years.

Love to you all,
Darren

SandyFla

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 01:59:20 PM »

M@tt

That reminds me: When I was a child, it always amazed me that things actually HAPPENED before I existed.  :o ??? :D

Sandy

longhorn

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 03:02:23 PM »

I hope to heck Im not doing something embarassing during that blink of an eye transformation.  I better staighten up, just in case.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

Bradigans

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 03:29:44 PM »

What the title of this article? I would like to read. Thanks....

Robin

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 04:09:21 PM »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 04:20:09 PM »

....1 Cor 15:52...in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye.... ;D
;D  ;D  ;D

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2007, 11:42:30 PM »

That reminds me: When I was a child, it always amazed me that things actually HAPPENED before I existed.  Shocked Huh Cheesy

Sandy

I used to think like you, but unlike you (perhaps) I also believed that colors didn't exist in "the good old days" (pre 1940), because the movies from that time didn't have colors in them... Amazing logic!

;D
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.