bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matt 13:20  (Read 5814 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Matt 13:20
« on: January 05, 2007, 07:36:32 PM »

Hi Ray,

Sorry to bother you.

Can you please point me to any paper that you have covered the Matt 13:20 issue? At face value this appears to read like God saw something upon a second glance at the future that He did not see at first. One could argue that perhaps Man had changed the course of things so that God’s original plan was not going to work had He not shortened the Days to save the Elect.

Thanks

Mark

Dear Mark:

Think a moment about what you have just said. I wish people would read my material and LEARN THE PRINCIPLES involved. Once you understand the principle, then all of the Scriptures will take care of themselves. It does no good whatsoever to say one believes in the Sovereignty of God, but to then find verse after verse after verse which he thinks contradicts God' Sovereignty.

God said: "And except those days should be shortened there should no flesh be saved...." (Matt. 24:13).  And just when are we told God came to this unforseen dilemma as you suggest. When it is about to happen? Is that when God says, 'Oh whoa is Me, look at this, I would have never dreamed; I'm going to have to do something fast; My original plan is running amuck; I'll be the laughing stock of the whole earth; what will I do? Well, I guess I'll just have to SHORTEN THESE DAYS or no flesh will be saved.' Pretty silly, huh? So are we to believe that TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO God saw that man would change things and His original plan was not going to work?  TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO GOD SAYS THIS!  Looks to me like there's a lot of forsight in that statement.

There are many such Scriptures. What do they prove? They prove that God's original plan is His ONLY plan and that it was, is and will be PERFECT.  God is not going to "shorten" something that was not planned to be shortened from the beginning.  Moses did not convince God to change His mind and His plan regarding Israel just because Moses argued with Him. God PREORDAINED that Moses would argue with Him and then based on that predestinated conversation God would allow Israel to live.  God did not lengthen king Hezekiah's life by 15 years beyond what he was originally designated to live. It was in God's plan from the beginning that circumstances would be brought about so that God could tell Hezeiah when it looked like his live was over, albeit God knew that it would not be over, that He added to him 15 more years. Etc., etc., etc.   

I have said many times: "When you learn a spiritual truth DON'T EVER EVER LET IT GO."  "NO prophecy of the Scripture is it's OWN interpretation [or explanation]" (II Pet. 1:20), not matter how it may "at face value appear."

"And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and He [Jesus] MADE AS THOUGH He would have gone FURTHER...And He went to tarry WITH THEM" (Luke 24:28-29).  So they convinced Jesus to CHANGE HIS PLANS, did they?  Of course not. Here we are in on the secret. That is why it is stated that Jesus only "made AS THOUGH He would have gone further," when in reality, He had no intentions of going further at that moment. Hope this helps yours understanding. This question comes up nearly every week of the year regarding some Scripture somehwere in the Bible.

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.