bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing  (Read 6582 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing
« on: January 05, 2007, 07:40:40 PM »

Ray

I read your article on Tithing is Unscriptural Under the New Testament and I must admit it is very profound. Is the modern day Pastor or Priest not standing in for the Levitical Priest or are you saying the role of Priesthood is no longer required to guide the flock?Did you get any feedback from John Hagee on the basis of his message and call for tithing in the modern church?

regards

Paul

Dear Paul:
We have a High Priest and His name is Jesus Christ. And God's chosen are ALL PRIESTS.  "But YOU are a chosen generation, A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD...."  I Pet. 2:9).  If these lying charlatans believe that today's priests are to receive tithes, then they should be paying US TITHES!

God be with you,
Ray

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Tithing
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 07:44:09 PM »

Thanks for the response. I have been on your website and you are rather conspicuous as your identity and credentials are not found. Who is L Ray Smith?  I have also seen articles that refute your analogy on Apologetics Ministries with reasonable facts. Do you have a running ministry or you just critic the work of some ministries. I must hasten to say , I tend to agree with you there is a serious abuse of church funds and  lying for personal gains in some of the teachings from the modern pulpits. I don't know what your take on God's ability to repay all evil doers and those who deceive and gain from the deception is. I am sure for those who will give honestly believing they are serving God they will get their rewards and those who have gained from this malicious tactic will get their due reward as God says "Vengeance is mine".

It is rather sad that today more than before there is more in-fighting amongst the so called Christian or those purporting to be Christian hence other perverse sects and cults are gaining ground. You now have Islam gaining ground and winning more followers and strange religions like Scientology and cults coming up being popularised by so called celebrities in the secular music and movie world.

These people will laugh as L Ray Smith bashes John Hagee and such such bashes L Ray Smith. Why not correct each other in love if one is in error? The tone of the articles I have read so far leaves the world with no choice as to whom to believe. I sincerely hope that  all who purport to be called to preaching the truth will unite and preach the truth.
regards
PJ

Dear PJ:
I beg your pardon, but my "credentials" are right at the bottom of my home page. I have nothing to hide and nothing to extol. Here are my "credentials":

Who are you and what credentials do you have to support your authoritative teaching on the scriptures?

* I have NO "credentials" except the Spirit of God.
    * My Web Master writes Computer Software Programs.
    * One of my other Staff Members is a Painting Contractor.
    * The Other is a Paper Hanger.
    * Matthew was a Tax Collector.
    * Paul was a Tentmaker.
    * Peter was a Fisherman.
    * Jesus Christ was a Carpenter.
    * And I? I retired from Roofing in 2004.

How are those for "credentials?"

God began revealing His Truths to me a few years ago after I repented of "Leaving my first love." (Rev. 2:4-5). In October 2000 we started a web site: bible-truths.com with one paper--"Exposing Those Who Contradict."

You suggest that I "BASH" those whom I expose on our site. Okay, if you like that word, however, I use the word "expose" at the top of our home page.  Actually, my "exposing" is in "love," contrary to what you may think otherwise. Most Christians of the world have not a clue as to Who Jesus was and how He taught and "exposed" the two-faced, lying hypocritical Church Leaders of His day. Here is just one example from Chapter 23 of Matthew:

JESUS UPBRAIDS THE CHURCH LEADERS FOR THEIR GROSS SINS
    [selections from Matthew 23]

"But WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… FOR YOU SHUT UP THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN AGAINST MEN…

…THEY BIND HEAVY BURDENS and GRIEVOUS to be born, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but will not move them with ONE OF THEIR FINGERS

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… you DEVOUR WIDOW’S HOUSES… you shall receive the greater damnation.

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES…

WOE unto you, ye BLIND GUIDES…

You FOOLS AND BLIND…

You FOOLS AND BLIND…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! You… have omitted… JUDGMENT, MERCY, and FAITH…

You BLIND GUIDES, which strain out a gnat, and SWALLOW A CAMEL.

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES… within they are full of EXTORTION AND EXCESS.

You BLIND PHARISEES…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES! You are FULL OF DEAD MEN’S BONES, and ALL UNCLEANESS… and HYPOCRISY and INIQUITY…

WOE unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, HYPOCRITES!… you are the children of them which KILLED the prophets. FILL YOU UP then the measure of your fathers.

You SERPENTS, you GENERATION OF SNAKES… you KILL AND CRUCIFY… you SCOURGE in your synagogues… Behold your house is left unto you DESOLATE"!!

WOW! Every one of these comments from Matt. 23 were spoken directly to the "Religious Scholars and Theologians" in the Church of God centered at the Temple in Jerusalem. Would Jesus speak in the same manner to the Religious Scholars and Theologians in God’s Church today? Does Jesus "change"? NO. Has the Church changed in the past 2000 years? YES. It has gotten WORSE. "

I have sent the above statements taken from my paper "YOU FOOLS! YOUR HYPOCRITES! YOU SNAKE" to many detractors. Some have answered back, "But you are NOT Jesus, Ray." To which I answer, maybe not, BUT WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!  Nor do I apologize for trying to be as God gives me strength and inspiration to do so.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.