bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God does not react, He acts!  (Read 6263 times)

sj

God does not react, He acts!
« on: January 05, 2007, 07:59:03 PM »

Lately I have been thinking a great deal about the argument between free will vs. the soveriegnty of God.

It's odd, a few years ago I was writing papers defending our supposed "free will" in my systematic theology class, but now it is though a veil has been lifted from my eyes. The scriptures that once seemed to conflict now fit together perfectly, painting the most beautiful picture of our Creator and His wonderful plan for all humanity!

As I have meditated on this subject I came to what I feel as though is a break through for my understanding of God and I just wished to share it with you all.

I have come to realize that every action of the creation is actually a reaction to something else in creation and ultimately to God. More specifically, all of mankind's actions are actually reactions to God's actions. (I hope that makes sense.)

Now, the mainstream church and all other pagan religions teach that God is forced into action or He must react to our actions with either punishment or reward. If my actions are good, God reacts with reward or "heaven." If my actions are bad, God reacts with punishment or "hell." Besides being unscriptural, this assumes that God has handicapped himself into reacting to man's action. This is egocentric! It places us as god (antichrist or the beat) and demotes God into a form of slavery, reacting to our actions.

God acts. He does not react. He is the initial action... His actions are not based on anyone but Himself. We the creation react to what He "causes" with His actions. Therefore He does not sin through us, nor does he tempt others through us, but instead we choose to do those things as reactions to the action of God's sovereign hand.

This has been a real break through for my understanding! I hope that this is an help to others struggling to understand the mysteries of God and also an encouragement to those who have already come to these wonderful understandings.

God's Peace.
Josh

DWIGHT

Re: God does not react, He acts!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 12:10:32 AM »

Josh,

I think you've got it.  Cause and affect!

God bless,

Dwight,

iris

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 12:20:30 AM »

Hi Josh,

It does make sense.

Because God is in charge of all.

Iris

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 12:22:06 AM »

Slim and Josh,

Thank God there is no blind watchmaker up there in the heavens.   ;D

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

andrevan

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 08:40:06 AM »

Great post Josh, thanks.
You're angle on this subject is a great help to me. "Free will" makes God subject to our every whim and action, truly blasphemous to say the least!

God bless!
Andrevan.

dogcombat

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 09:41:24 AM »

Yes indeed God works ALL things "according to the counsel of His own will.  Eph. 1-11.

Ches

chuckt

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 11:26:31 AM »

if you send them money God will bless you.

sow your seed of faith today.

send me 22 dollars according to psalms 22 and be blessed :P :'( :P :o :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

for real, good posts guys ;)

Kat

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 12:15:46 PM »

Hi Josh,

I have come to realize that every action of the creation is actually a reaction to something else in creation and ultimately to God. More specifically, all of mankind's actions are actually reactions to God's actions. (I hope that makes sense.)

This makes perfect sense to me.
If you think about each persons word/action causes a ripple effect, so one word/action effects many other people. 
Now think about every person on earth and every word/action that is being said or done every second of every day, being totally caused by God.
He is working all these millions upon millions of things together in a way that each of us have things in our own life, down to the smallest detail, go exactly the way He wants it to.

What an awesome God we have  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 10:58:20 PM »

Yes, we have put the cart before the horse, I act and then God will react accordingly-usually in the mode of answering my selfish prayer w/ a big yes!!

What a yutz I was-loving God but treating him like a Santa.

I like His way better!! :)
gena

SandyFla

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 05:55:43 PM »

This reminds me of something I heard recently: "Oops" is not in God's vocabulary. :)

Sandy

hebrewroots98

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2007, 06:46:35 PM »

What an amazing outlook on God that we get when we stop watching 'others' lives ' (especially, when they think that God will be a 'reactor' to their every whim.)  When we keep our focus on Him and His Words, we see Him for who He really is, and not in the same light as others want us to see Him in.  I too used to believe that God would 'react' at my beckon call, but He is the one in charge  and whom is the 'causer' of everything that goes on in the earth. What arrogance and false pride it takes to think that WE ARE IN CHARGE OF CAUSE AND EFFECT in our meager existance...THE IDOL OF MANY HEARTS TODAY.    I see so many 'believers' whom are so thick into this state of mind that they they  would never question their beliefs in this matter b/c in their minds they have been 'convicted' that this is whom God is... (thowsad that SO many are deceived.)  But, you can't tell them anything.

It is so refreshing to see God for whom HE really is and not for whom we think or wish Him to be.  "I know that I know, that I know...Whom He is. :D"

Ah, life is good. (
Thank you Father :D)

SandyFla

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 02:53:11 PM »

Very good, Josh.

Too many people forget that GOD is the potter and WE are the clay, not the other way around!

Sandy

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 05:16:23 PM »

Susan,

Good post.  I will see you later.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.