bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gods Fire  (Read 3515 times)

John

Gods Fire
« on: January 05, 2007, 11:57:39 PM »

Gods Fire.

I often think about it and wonder, but lately my family and I have been going through the experience of a real fire. Our house caught fire on December 1st and boy howdy we had no idea what lay ahead. Even though one end of the house and the whole roof system was affected, the fire was small and put out quickly and the best thing about it all, no one was home and no one was injured. The after math of it all is a different story. Being without our home is inconvenient to say the least and trying to get things lined up with the Insurance company a contractor and the local Government is like trying to cut through a truck load of red tape with a dull butter knife. In the end though, the end that is finally in site, I see the spiritual side of it as clear as a bell. Our family has grown closer, we learned more than we ever knew about Insurance, Construction Contractors, Electricians and our Local Government and we will have a better, stronger, newer, house/home when the restoration is complete.

It’s a simple analogy but living through it is ‘causing’ me to appreciate the meaning of it.

‘For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night’
              Every day belongs to the Lord and He does with it as He pleases.

Unexpectedly, all of a sudden, bam, out of nowhere it seems, life can be ‘changed‘, turned upside down, and that is what happened. The Lord is dragging us through this small example of a fiery trial to a better place, amen. Whether in this age or the one to come, we all will go through Gods Fire, we may not enjoy it at the time, but afterwards we will see, it was for our own good, glory to God! 

Peace,
John

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Gods Fire
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 12:21:09 AM »

John,

This reminds me of Slim's post yesterday or today.  I am glad that you can take a bad situation and see the good in it.  That serves as inspiration for me.  I am glad that the trial is almost ended.  Kudos you passed this one with flying colors.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 03:38:42 AM »

John, have you read Jennies posts??  Her house caught fire also. I am in awe at the faith I find here with our forum-family.
God Bless you for your testimony!

love,
gena

John

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 01:02:59 PM »

Hi Anne and Gena,

I just read through Jennies posts, wow, I did not know about her house fire. It sounds like her fire was much worse than ours.

Peace,
John

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 01:19:50 PM »

John,

What matters is that both of you have pulled through so strongly with your faith in God intact and vivacious.  You both have been in my prayers.  God bless you both.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 16 queries.