bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Funny But True Insurance Claims  (Read 7390 times)

hillsbororiver

Funny But True Insurance Claims
« on: January 06, 2007, 01:36:34 PM »

The following are actual statements found on insurance forms where car drivers have attempted to summarize the details of an accident in the fewest possible words:

"Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don't have."

"The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention."

"I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way."

"A truck backed through my windshield into my wife's face."

"A pedestrian hit me and went under the car."

"The guy was all over the road. I had to swerve a number of times before I hit him."

"I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law, and headed over the embankment."

"In an attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole."

"I had been driving for 40 years, when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident."

"I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection, a hedge sprang up, obscuring my vision and I did not see the other car."

"I was on my way to the doctor with rear end trouble when my universal joint gave way, causing me to have an accident."

"As I approached the intersection, a sign suddenly appeared in place where no stop sign had ever appeared before. I was unable to stop in time to avoid the accident."

"To avoid hitting the bumper of the car in front, I struck the pedestrian."

"An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car, and vanished."

"My car was legally parked as it backed into the other vehicle."

"I told police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat, I found that I had fractured my skull."

"I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him."

"The pedestrian had no idea which direction to run, so I ran over him."

"I saw a slow-moving, sad-faced old gentleman as he bounced off the roof of my car."

"The indirect cause of the accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth."

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Funny But True Insurance Claims
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 02:40:34 AM »

Hey Joe,
I wasn't sure if I should laugh at all of them or or not.........OK I confess I LOL !!  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

Cheers...John 9362

John9362

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 03:08:21 AM »

OK Joe It's your turn to shake your head in disbelief................enjoy.

Doug Baker, 45, of Portland, Ore. Baker says God "steered" him to a stray dog. He admits "People thought I was crazy" to spend $4,000 in vet bills to bring the injured mutt back to health, but hey, it was God's dog! But $4,000 was nothing: he couldn't even take his girlfriend out to dinner without getting a dog-sitter to watch him. When the skittish dog escaped the sitter, Baker didn't just put an ad in the paper, he bought display ads so he could include a photo. His business collapsed since he devoted full time to the search for the dog. He didn't propose to his girlfriend because he wanted the dog to deliver the ring to her. He hired four "animal psychics" to give him clues to the animal's whereabouts, and hired a witch to cast spells. He even spread his own urine around to "mark his territory" to try to lure the dog home! And, he said, he cried every day. Two months in to the search, he went looking for the dog where it got lost -- and quickly found it. His first task: he put a collar on the mutt. (He hadn't done that before for a dog that was so "valuable"?!) After finding the dog, he sued the dog sitter, demanding $20,000 for the cost of his search, $30,000 for the income he lost by letting his business collapse, $10,000 for "the temporary loss of the special value" of the dog, and $100,000 in "emotional damages" -- $160,000 total. God has not been named as a defendant.

Cheers....... John9362

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 03:20:34 AM »

John,

Is this TRUE?  Wow, I am shaking my head right now.  If it is true, did the guy get the money he was going after.  Talk about putting priorites out of order.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

John9362

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 03:34:26 AM »

Hello Anne and beautiful baby    :)

I believe it's true......but I don't know the outcome....I have another one for you.

Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas, was awarded $780,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle, tripping over a toddler who was running amuck inside a furniture store. The owners of the store were understandably surprised at the verdict, considering that the misbehaving little fellow was Ms. Robertson's son.

....AND

A Philadelphia restaurant was ordered to pay Amber Carson of Lancaster, Pa., $113,500 after she slipped on a soft drink and broke her coccyx. The beverage was on the floor because Ms. Carson threw it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument.

..... JUST 1 more

Kara Walton of Clamont, DE. successfully sued the owner of a night club when she fell from the bathroom window to the floor and knocked out her two front teeth. This occurred while Ms.Walton was trying to sneak through the window in the ladies room to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge. She was awarded $12,000 and dental expenses.

enjoy  ;D ;D ;D :D

Cheers.... John9362

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 03:38:02 AM »

John,

It is so amazing to see what people can get out of lawsuits today.  Some of the wierdest things that normal people would never think of suing anyone, comes up in many court cases these days.  It is so sad, that innocent people have to suffer becuase of frivlous lawsuits.

Susan, I do not think the lawsuit that your hubby is pursuing is a frivilous one.  It is right becuase there was neglect and damage done that the company could have prevented.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2007, 11:05:40 AM »

Thanks for the responses John & Anne, it truly is remarkable the ridiculous suits that move through our court system. Here are a few more.

In Orlando, a lawsuit was filed against a rental car company by the estate of a woman who was killed in a car crash by a drunk driver. The woman was riding in a rental car driven by her boyfriend, an Irish tourist, who was legally drunk. He was eventually charged with manslaughter and driving under the influence.
The suit alleges that the rental car company should be liable for the woman’s death because the company “either knew or should have known about the unique cultural and ethnic customs in Ireland which involve the regular consumption of alcohol at pubs as a major component to Irish social life.”

The Sacramento Bee reports that Lee Williams, 23, is seeking $25,000 in damages from a tattoo parlor for misspelling the word “villain” on his right forearm. The problem is, the incorrect spelling “villian” came from Williams himself, who was unsure as to the spelling of the word upon entering the parlor. After much debate he settled on the incorrect spelling. In fact, Williams did not even notice the error until years later, when a friend made fun of him.
Claiming the tattoo cost $1,900 to remove and left a scar on his forearm, Williams is now asking for $25,000 for his own mistake.

In Vancouver, British Columbia, which has become a popular site for Hollywood location filming, a group representing drug users, hookers and homeless people has demanded compensation for film crews’ tendency to displace or disrupt illegal street activity. The Vancouver Area Network of Drug Users, which represents about 1,000 residents of the seedy Downtown Eastside, has sent a letter demanding compensation to 30 production firms. Among its many demands the letter asks for financial compensation for loss of residents’ panhandling opportunities.

Scott Bender of Philadelphia sued U.S. Airways for negligence, claiming he thought the plane he was on had crashed and he was dead after the crew left him asleep on the aircraft. It was really dark, says his lawyer, and Bender “didn’t know if he was alive or dead”—it turned out the former. Now the snoozing passenger wants money for mental and emotional anguish.

A sand box fight between a couple of three-year-olds has ended up with a lawsuit and a restraining order to keep the two warring toddlers apart. Boston attorney Howard Speicher, who is a neighbor of the child being sued said, “this is something that really never should have left the playground. It’s an incident that happens in every sandbox in the country, and somehow people manage to deal with it every day."

An inmate in Illinois sued because he was not allowed to practice his religion in the nude.

Amazing..................

John9362

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 11:32:12 AM »

Amazing world we live in Joe !!

Cheers....John9362

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 12:21:32 PM »

Joe,

I do not understand how lawyers can present and defend these stupid cases.  I do not understand the thinking behind the defendants or litigants in this case.  Perhaps there is none.

I especially liked the one about the toddlers.  That is so ridiculous.  The judge should have thrown that case out.  No wonder there is so much hatred of court cases.

Perhaps all this would be solved if people went after money in more honest and better ways than suing the pants off anyone.  Now guys, if this causes mental anguish or anything in you while reading this post,  I do not expect a lawsuit,   ;D

Great stuff.  Really enjoy this topic Joe.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 01:49:45 PM »

That really was funny Joe!....Funny but true insurance claims....! ;D thanks :D

gmik

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 08:19:09 PM »

;D ;D ;D  Man, only in America (I think)

This is true- it happened to me:

Had to tell a police officer that 2 deer hit my car.  Yes.  I didn't hit them.  He just shook his head and didn't buy it.  I didn't get a ticket, but had 4,000 worth of damage to my car.

We were driving the interstate and did notice a lot of deer carcases roadside.  That should have warned me. Anyway, I saw 4 deer on the opposite side.  We were doing about 70
and almost passed them when they just jumped out and hit us broadside!!  They hit us!

gena :D

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 10:02:46 PM »

Gena,

Now that was funny.  I was not laughing at you, I was laughing at the thought of the deer hitting you.  Reminds me of that Geico commercial where 2 squirrels cuase a car to wreck.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

joyful1

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 02:16:00 PM »

that would have been a Buick ELECTRA right?  heheheh!  ;D Joyce

Kat

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2007, 04:25:09 PM »

Yes, gena same things happened to us years ago, the deer ran right into the side of our car as we drove by.
And just this past week one ran into the side of a truck my husband was riding in.
Talk about dumb animals  :-\

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

SandyFla

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 04:50:39 PM »

In Orlando, a lawsuit was filed against a rental car company by the estate of a woman who was killed in a car crash by a drunk driver. The woman was riding in a rental car driven by her boyfriend, an Irish tourist, who was legally drunk. He was eventually charged with manslaughter and driving under the influence.
The suit alleges that the rental car company should be liable for the woman’s death because the company “either knew or should have known about the unique cultural and ethnic customs in Ireland which involve the regular consumption of alcohol at pubs as a major component to Irish social life.”
The car rental company can't do that. It's akin to "racial profiling!"  ::) sheesh

hillsbororiver

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 06:27:39 PM »

that would have been a Buick ELECTRA right?  heheheh!  ;D Joyce

LOL Joyce,

Either that or perhaps a Mitsubishi Mirage was the culprit.  ;)

Thanks,

Joe

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 10:46:34 PM »

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I am rolling on the floor with that one.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 04:56:12 PM »

Ditto Anne

;D  ;D   ;D   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.