bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hope You Enjoy  (Read 4725 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Hope You Enjoy
« on: January 06, 2007, 01:51:46 PM »

Here is a short story I wrote awhile back, I had a member ask me to post it again so here goes.

The Road

There is a dirt road out back of my home, it has been run over by feet, hooves, car tires, bulldozers, etc, for thousands of years.  I am told, at the end of this road there are untold riches.  I walk down the road one day looking ahead for the promised riches; for some reason I look down and see a speck of gold, I look closer and see other specks.  I try to dig but the road is like concrete with all the layers of dirt packed year after year.  I know there are bigger nuggets if I could just dig deeper, I want to dig deeper but all I've got is the hands God has given me and it's not working, at least not as fast I would like.  People pass buy telling me I'm crazy, get up and get to walking there is riches up ahead, if I don't make it in time I'll be lost.  I consider their words and think.....all I'm doing is getting dirty and more cynical that there even is more gold down here. 

So here I am dirty, tired, cynical and ready to give up and then God looks down and says to me: "Son, I am proud of you, instead of looking at what the world says is just ahead, you looked down and saw the riches around you.  I know you want it all right now, but you have to work hard for it because there have been many years of people passing by and the ground is hard.  Take this cup of water (spirit) and pour it over your hands and wash away the filth".  I do this, my hands become clean, then I look down again....I look at God with joy in my eyes.  I see what he sees, that the water ran off my hands and onto the ground, wetting it.  I reach down and find I can dig a little easier and deeper and see more gold.  I dig with joy until the ground gets hard and dry again.  God gives me another cup of water and says "here wash yourself again"

I continue again and again with joy and get more and more nuggets of gold but I discover even more......the whole road is paved in gold.  God says, "congratulations my child, you have discovered...the beginning".   But, I say "Lord no matter how many cups of water you give me and how much I dig, I will never uncover this road of gold"  God smiles and says "Son that is not for you to do in this lifetime, look around at the holes and the ditches you've created and be assured that there are others up and down the road who have done the same.  Look at the nuggets you hold, you have more than enough riches for this life.  In the next life I will pour the entire waters of my spirit down this road and because of the work you and others have accomplished it will get into the cracks and holes and ditches you've helped create and wash this road clean"

I cry with so much joy I can hardly control myself.  God says "Then you will see the true prize!  You will meet my son Jesus, he will walk down the Golden road with you, showing you all my truths."  I replied "Lord, this is wonderful!"  God says, with a smile "but there's more, at the end of this road you will see the others who have gone before, who rushed toward the end and missed out on your joy, and the truths.  You will take them by the hand and lead them back up the road....back to Me."

Blessings
Craig

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: Hope You Enjoy
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 02:10:27 PM »

Craig,

Wow thanks for posting.  Washed whiter than snow.  That is the prize which we are striving after.  Thanks for posting.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 04:19:04 PM »

Affirmative!

Thank you!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Dean Peterman

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 11:09:17 PM »

Thanks Craig

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 11:43:45 PM »

Here is a short story I wrote awhile back, I had a member ask me to post it again so here goes.

The Road

There is a dirt road out back of my home, it has been run over by feet, hooves, car tires, bulldozers, etc, for thousands of years.  I am told, at the end of this road there are untold riches.  I walk down the road one day looking ahead for the promised riches; for some reason I look down and see a speck of gold, I look closer and see other specks.  I try to dig but the road is like concrete with all the layers of dirt packed year after year.  I know there are bigger nuggets if I could just dig deeper, I want to dig deeper but all I've got is the hands God has given me and it's not working, at least not as fast I would like.  People pass buy telling me I'm crazy, get up and get to walking there is riches up ahead, if I don't make it in time I'll be lost.  I consider their words and think.....all I'm doing is getting dirty and more cynical that there even is more gold down here. 

So here I am dirty, tired, cynical and ready to give up and then God looks down and says to me: "Son, I am proud of you, instead of looking at what the world says is just ahead, you looked down and saw the riches around you.  I know you want it all right now, but you have to work hard for it because there have been many years of people passing by and the ground is hard.  Take this cup of water (spirit) and pour it over your hands and wash away the filth".  I do this, my hands become clean, then I look down again....I look at God with joy in my eyes.  I see what he sees, that the water ran off my hands and onto the ground, wetting it.  I reach down and find I can dig a little easier and deeper and see more gold.  I dig with joy until the ground gets hard and dry again.  God gives me another cup of water and says "here wash yourself again"

I continue again and again with joy and get more and more nuggets of gold but I discover even more......the whole road is paved in gold.  God says, "congratulations my child, you have discovered...the beginning".   But, I say "Lord no matter how many cups of water you give me and how much I dig, I will never uncover this road of gold"  God smiles and says "Son that is not for you to do in this lifetime, look around at the holes and the ditches you've created and be assured that there are others up and down the road who have done the same.  Look at the nuggets you hold, you have more than enough riches for this life.  In the next life I will pour the entire waters of my spirit down this road and because of the work you and others have accomplished it will get into the cracks and holes and ditches you've helped create and wash this road clean"

I cry with so much joy I can hardly control myself.  God says "Then you will see the true prize!  You will meet my son Jesus, he will walk down the Golden road with you, showing you all my truths."  I replied "Lord, this is wonderful!"  God says, with a smile "but there's more, at the end of this road you will see the others who have gone before, who rushed toward the end and missed out on your joy, and the truths.  You will take them by the hand and lead them back up the road....back to Me."

Blessings
Craig
WOW THATS AN AMAZING STORY. Craig did you right that? Can i share it with others? I will give you credit if youd on't, but awsome story man! Thanks for shareing!

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 06:30:00 AM »

Yeah, it was me.  Sure do what you want with it.

This and other writings of members are on the Inspirational Writings Board
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,15.0.html

Craig
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 06:35:51 AM by Craig »

dogcombat

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 09:19:28 AM »

Good story Craig

Ches

Harryfeat

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 03:55:42 PM »

I enjoyed your story Craig.

There is a road near our house called "devil's backbone."  What exactly is the name of that dirt road behind your house? ;) ;)

feat

iris

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 09:38:11 PM »

Hi Craig,

That's  a great story!!!

Iris

seminole

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 12:04:09 PM »

I don't have anything that I have written like the story posted but it did get me to thinking about something I think of often. My people have a special respect for things of nature and look to nature for rest, hope and healing. There is a rugged creek that flows from a high mountain river down a mountainside. I was taken there first when I was very small. My father was still with us and he was teaching me the way. He was taken from us when I was still young and our lives took turns that were not good but we lived. My father's parents also were teaching us the way in many aspects of life. My grandmother taught me what trees to cut bark from, in very small pieces, scrape the underlying life of the tree and put the juices over the fire to make medicines. My Grandfather taught me to walk softly on the earth and always remember that others have walked before me. They were both taken as well. I still go back to the rugged creek and reflect on God , creation and the lives of people who have crossed the boulders before me. We believe it is important to feel the ground beneath your feet so that you can appreciate the feel of it more. when I am standing in the middle of this rushing body of water on a large boulder I think about the footsteps and lives of those who have stood there before me . It is such a large thought I have no words to describe it. It is a true blessing from God that no money can buy.Most sincerely,
Seminole
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.