bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I may be the only one...  (Read 11860 times)

Martymonster

Re: I may be the only one...
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 08:53:19 AM »

I'm looking forward to having my own mansion, oh wait, I'll have a room God mansion! ;) ;D

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 10:06:28 AM »

Lisa,

Welcome to the forum.  Look forward to getting to know you more and reading your posts.  Get comfortable and get ready to enjoy the oasis of the desert.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Sorin

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 11:09:53 AM »

This is my first post, although I have been a lurker for some time now! Enjoying your loving and poignant words that continue to move me. Well, Jesus did say there would be no marriage in the resurrection, but, he never said we wouldn't have loves, companions, families and friends. I don't think God would show us such immense love for others, if it was not to continue and grow.

Your friend in Christ,

Lisa

Welcome to the forum Lisa,

Yes you do make a good point, but, what about 'the love' between a husband and wife? Seems like that will be lacking in the 'afterlife'. But I digress, I don't think looking at this from our perspective, and with our understanding does any good. For who has known the mind of God? Are not his ways past finding out? Rom 11:33-34

As unimaginable as it is for me right now, I think all we can do is believe that God has something even better in store for us. Something that we can't even imagine, for no eye has seen, or ear has heard.... neighter entered into the heart of men the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.  I Cor 2:9

Take care,
Sorin

« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 11:11:16 AM by Sorin »

John

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2007, 11:18:42 AM »

Sorin,

There was a line in a movie once that was close to this, 'What?, I’m just saying what you all are thinking'  :) and this subject is exactly that for me, I’ve thought about it plenty times. Surely God has something better in store for us if marriage or one of the ordained benefits you may be referring to, uh, (SEX) will not be replaced. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what that might be  ;D.

Peace,
John

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2007, 02:01:43 PM »

rj,

Thanks for sharing and well put.  Our God is awesome!  Therefore, knowing this, whatever awaits us in His Kingdom is awesome too!

Peace and His grace to all of you.

Rene'

iris

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007, 02:03:58 PM »

Hi Sorin,

You are not alone!!!   ;D

I find comfort in these scriptures...

Isaiah 65:21-25

21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit
     of them.

22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days
     of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

23 They shall not labor in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of
     the Lord, and their offspring with them.

24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking,
     I will hear.

25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust
     shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the
     Lord.

I hope this helps a little bit.

Iris

DWIGHT

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 02:52:33 PM »

Hi All,

It's true that there is no marrying or given in marraige, but who says there isn't a Marraige.  "And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared for a bride adorned for her husband.."  "......saying, come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife." "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come.  And let him that heareth say, Come.  And let him that is athirst come.  And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."  Rev. 21:2, 9, Rev. 22:17.  There will be a wedding, it just won't be like we think.  Praise God, we will all get married again, only this time it will be with the Lamb of God.  Tell me if that isn't better?

In Him,

Dwight

Sorin

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2007, 03:35:50 PM »

Hi All,

It's true that there is no marrying or given in marraige, but who says there isn't a Marraige.  "And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared for a bride adorned for her husband.."  "......saying, come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife." "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come.  And let him that heareth say, Come.  And let him that is athirst come.  And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely."  Rev. 21:2, 9, Rev. 22:17.  There will be a wedding, it just won't be like we think.  Praise God, we will all get married again, only this time it will be with the Lamb of God.  Tell me if that isn't better?

In Him,

Dwight

Hi Dwight,

That's a analogy, we're not literaly going to be married to The Lamb, for homosexuality is a sin. ;)
But I do know what Scripture means by that. Only that's not the type of 'marriage' I was talking about. And honestly, no, I can't say that that's better.

But as I said in my previous post, God does promise something that we can't even imagine, something that's unfathomable and none of us will be able to 'think of, come up with, imagine' what God promises for those who 'Love Him'. So we'll have to wait and see.

Maybe we'll no longer even need to eat and drink since we'll be given a 'Spiritual Body' that doesn't need mana to survive and besides, we'll be immortal. I mean it is interesting to think about, but it'll be something none of us expected... I think.

Take care,
Sorin

« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 03:45:40 PM by Sorin »

Bradigans

HAVE YOU BEEN BORN AGAIN?
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2007, 06:23:01 PM »

1 Corinthians 2:14 says - But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: HAVE YOU BEEN BORN AGAIN?
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 06:36:46 AM »

1 Corinthians 2:14 says - But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

What exactly is your point here, Bradigans? Who are you talking to? Please speak directly and clearly.

Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Chris R

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2007, 08:22:59 AM »

Well folks,

i think we covered enough on this subject, time to move on

Thanks

Chris R
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.