bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Atheist's want a holiday  (Read 4772 times)

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Atheist's want a holiday
« on: January 08, 2007, 06:48:50 PM »

An atheist was quite incensed over the preparation for Easter and Passover holidays and decided to contact the local ACLU about the discrimination inflicted on atheists by the constant celebrations afforded to Christians and Jews with all their holidays while the atheists had no holidays for them to celebrate.

The ACLU jumped on the opportunity to once again pick up the cause of the downtrodden and assigned their sharpest attorney to the case.

The case was brought up before a learned judge who after listening to the passionate presentation by the ACLU representative, banged his gavel and said "Case dismissed!"

The ACLU lawyer stood up and objected to the ruling and said, "Your honor, how can you dismiss this case?" Surely the Christians have Christmas, Easter and many other observances. And the Jews-why in addition to Passover they have Yom Kippur and Hanukkah.....and yet my client and all other atheists have no such holiday!"

The judge leaned back in his chair and simply said "Obviously your client is too confused to know about or for that matter even celebrate the atheists' holiday!"

The ACLU lawyer pompously said "We are aware of no such holiday for atheists-just when might that be?"

The judge said "Well it comes every year at the same time---April 1st."

'The fool hath said in his heart there is no God.'" (Psalm 14:1)

Now we know why we have April Fool's Day!

And it will never be the same again.....
GOD BLESS

John9362 ;D

gmik

Re: Atheist's want a holiday
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 08:55:45 PM »

Cool! 8)

iris

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 09:26:37 PM »

That was cute!!!

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Iris

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 10:37:29 PM »

John,

Now that was really cool.  Thanks for posting.  That is so ironic.  The atheist's wants common benefits of religious practices yet have no interest in acknowledging God.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Sorin

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 02:45:27 AM »

:D

For me just putting the words Atheist and holiday/holy-day in the same sentence is funny enough.  ;)

Ward

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 01:09:55 AM »

How truly, truly sad... :-\  The joke, I mean. 
Every character mentioned is a "Fool".

Ward

John

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 10:39:25 AM »

John9362,

That’s the best atheist/ACLU joke I ever heard,   :) I’ve already retold it several times!

Peace,
John

hebrewroots98

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 12:16:32 AM »

RIGHT ON AND VERY fUNNY!  I've not heard of that one but, it sure changes the way that I will be looking at that date from now on :D 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.