bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My thought on fellowship!  (Read 4980 times)

brothertoall

My thought on fellowship!
« on: January 09, 2007, 03:59:57 PM »

Hello everyone,

I had a thought come to me and I felt I better put it into words before it gets lost in this noodle of mine.These thoughts come to me and sometimes it is hard to find them again. I know they are in this mind of mine but sometimes they are very hard to find. :P I have not posted anything profound for quite some time but this one I just had to write down.I hope and pray I can put the right words down as to what I am thinking.

I was thinking how much I enjoy the fellowship with you all. Many, many times I come here to this forum as a refuge away from the hussle and bussle of everyday life seeking to find comfort in all that is written here.

I have seen many people come and go and then come back again. It gives me much joy to hear from many of you on a daily basis and not nessecarily directed at me alone but just to see what you are thinking or going through. It also works the other way also when I see some leave here and it makes me feel a little sad.

Sometimes things can get a little out of hand or maybe some misunderstandings happen and it hurts me sometimes to see those people leave this forum when those things happen.

I would be a fool to not think that this could never be possible. I know from experience for I did leave once myself. I was heart broken over an acusation someone had made to me and imediately thought I am out of here and I will show them.

Well what exactly did I show anyone? Absolutely nothing!! If anything I may have hurt someone in these actions or made someone else think it was something they did or thought they did to me. I was wrong and learned a valuable lesson from it and am thankful for the lesson God had taught me.

When we fellowship here, and I speak to me first, we should have patient for one another and try to understand one another and most of all to love one another unconditionly just as Christ loves us(me).

I have seen topics posted here on occasion that tend to get a little out of hand and I have learned that I try to stay away from those topics. it is not so much I do that for my own good but do it for the good of those involved.

Do any of us tend to take sides with someone instead of trying to understand all that are involved? I know I have been guilty of that very thing and I have learned that all it does is make me miserable but more importantly it causes strife to those I love and care for so very much.

If we all are to be of the same mind of Christ I myself realize that I have not been patient and understanding. I have learned many things here at this forum and this one thing has been a lesson well taught for me personally.

I will admit I have visited other forums and I find that I can love, understand and fellowship with those that are of like mind just as much as I can here at this forum.

If I say I love my brother or sister then there should never be anything said that would ever take that away from me.There should never be anything anyone could possibly say that would cause me to love them any less. I pray God will always work and show that love in me no matter what is said or done. I know for a fact that I can not do this of or by myself.

You all mean so very much to me and those of you who have left for what ever reason the same rings true for you also.

Bitterness and anger towards one another should not be in our vocabulary and I pray that Christ will take that away as soon as it tries to enter in.

I am not saying that if certain things said that are not edifying or truth to the doctrine of Christ should be tolerated but what i am saying is let us(ME) be slow to anger and to try with patient,understanding and love should be the reaction to all, especially to us that follow Christ.

This is one of my favorite scriptures and may God always help me to realize that this is what it is all about.

John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

John 13:35  By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
bobby

« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 04:29:00 PM by brothertoall »

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: My thought on fellowship!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 04:19:47 PM »

Bobby,

Bravo and Bravo.  This is what the I needed to hear in my life and not just directed to the forum.  So much good out of this.  You have shown the word agape with this post.  Thanks for being a great brother to me and to us all in Christ.

Thanks for posting this post. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

PKnowler

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 05:33:59 PM »

Bobby,

You have such a kind, tender heart- very Christ like. I have seen that it is your great desire to be Christ like. I know that is not easy at times but, brother, you are doing well! You have shown patience with me when I have been trying and I appreciate it. I have learned and grown from the experience. Thank you for loving the Lord and showing His kindness to all!

Bless you brother!
~Paula  :)

DWIGHT

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 06:16:14 PM »

Bobby,

Thanks for your honest post.  I completely agree with you.  Let Ray do the rebuking. I for one, just want to be part of the building of God.  The thing I missed most while I was alone was the love and unity of God's people.  I can't remember who told me this, I think it was Gena, but she said that this cyberspace fellowship is just as good if not better than when we were in Babylon.  And will have to do until we are all together in glory.  I don't want to do anything to spoil that and I think that's where you were going with this.  I noticed that there are just over 300 members that are signed up, but I know for a fact that hundreds more maybe even thousands are watching us.......I know, I did for almost a year.  Many are shy like I was or are watching to see if we all can get along without division or strife....we are a visible testimony to alot of yearning for fellowship believers who have been so burned by Christendom, that they won't jump in for fear that it will happen to them again.

I'm with you brother, let us do all things in love one toward another and may we build each other up in love and through His grace.

In His grace,

Dwight

Robin

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 06:40:02 PM »

Thank you Bobby.

I run a very large forum with 27,000 members. Over the years I've realized that an emotional trigger in me to a thread posted means there is something in me that needs to be dealt with. It doesn't matter if I feel I'm right or wrong as far as an opinion goes. It matters that my emotional trigger is something carnal within me that God is exposing. God will continue to expose it in many different ways in my life until it is dealt with.

An example on this forum would be the thread that Joe posted on Job. I had a horrible emotional trigger to that thread. One of pain and anger at some of the replies. I could have responded to the thread in an emotional way or recognize my own carnal nature involved. With God's grace I was able to recognize my carnal nature and take it to him and have him deal with it.

I've also learned to recognize that God will cause circumstances in my life that purposely trigger the carnal within me that he wants to kill off. There is no running from the work of God within me. He will continue to cause the circumstances and triggers wherever I go to complete the work. It took me many years to realize that my reaction means it's about me and not the other person, place, or thing. I am accountable. Sometimes I react inappropriately until I am reminded that I am accountable. Then I can confess my carnal mind to God and ask him to cleanse me of all unrighteousness. He is faithful.

Bradigans

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 07:07:08 PM »

Hello everybody, I'm a new member trying to get my feet wet. I was reading some of you alls reply post to Bobby. In particular Dwight mentioned something I was wondering could be clarified. Dwight said - I can't remember who told me this, I think it was Gena, but she said that this cyberspace fellowship is just as good if not better than when we were in Babylon. Could you give me some clarity into this analogy involving cyberspace fellowship and Babylon. Thanks....

DWIGHT

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 07:37:34 PM »

Hi Bradigans,

Welcome aboard!  I guess I wasn't very clear with that statement.  Let me try to explain.  Like so many of us, I had a lot of personal relationships with brothers and sisters in Christianity that I really missed.  Leaving them was the hard part not Christianity.  But here in cyberspace, on this forum, I have found wonderful brothers and sisters of like mind who really want the truth.  Even so we can't be with each other in the flesh, we can still fellowship with each other on this forum.  I hope this clarifies what I meant to say.

God be with you and again welcome!

Dwight

Robin

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 07:55:15 PM »

Welcome Bradigans!

brothertoall

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 09:10:11 PM »

hello Bradigans and welcome to the forum my new friend.

Thank you all for the responses and I will admit I was a little scared to post this thinking I may offend someone and believe me that is the absolute last thing I would ever want to do.

Bradigan Paul spoke of not being with others but being with them in spirit and to me that is what this forum is. Just because we can not all see each other or talk to each other face to face i cherish every single moment I can even relate in this way to like minded believers. God has truly blessed me and I believe HE has truly blessed us all with the fellowship we can have together here. many of us are 100's of miles apart but that self same Spirit that dwells in all of us helps and brings me so close to you all and this is better than nothing at all. Paul wrote many letters to those he was not in face to face contact with and those letters were considered precious to those he was in contact with and I too feel the same way everytime I come here to read all that is posted on this wonderful forum. I hope you find that here also my friend and that is my desire for you as well as all here.

bobby

Kat

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 10:21:45 PM »

Hi Bobby,

Good post, you have always been so kind and friendly. 
This place means more to me than I can say. 
I feel like we are all specially brought together here,
so that we can grow and learn from each other.
One thing about being on a forum like this, is you really can't be a respecter of persons.
I think that is why God has it like this.
We are connected by God's Spirit, and not anything external that might have drawn us together.
I hope that we can continue to share with one another here for a long time  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 10:25:18 PM »

Welcome Bradigans.

Dwight said it perfectly so I need not add, but I will say that in cyberspace fellowship, we can be talking with brothers/sisters from around the world.  That is so exciting to me to know that thousands of miles away God is teaching someone the same thing He is teaching me.  Even with people here in the states, from all over, I just love getting to know people that live all over. I never had that in my church. We all lived in the same area and looked alike. Very little diversity.

The Spirit filled life is spirit not flesh, so we are practicing for when we will really be in the Spirit one w/ another. :)

Bobby, did something transpire to cause you to start this thread.  I mean it was great and all , but I hope something didn't happen, ya know.

Amen Kat.

Love,
gena

brothertoall

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 08:49:59 AM »

Hi Gena,

No nothing in particular happened it was just a thought I had. There has got to be more people out there that God has shared these truths with. I know there are many people that view this forum who are not members and may be members of another forum or are just looking for a place to fellowship. They may have other friends and family that have been revealed these truths and I just was thinking that it is possible that others out there are fellowshipping through email exchange or have other forums they have or are members of.

I was trying to say to those other brothers and sisters out there that I want to fellowship with them as well and whether it be on this forum or another forum,email or what ever other way they communicate we are all one in Christ.

I just do not want to have the way of thinking that this forum is the only one out there.We can all learn and fellowship together by what ever means God uses. To be patient with each other and understanding but most of all to love one another and to love those we come in contact with everyday. Whether it be through this forum, another forum,email,work,etc....
 Hope that made sense.

bobby

mongoose

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 01:00:03 PM »

Truly we are blessed by the chance to fellowship here.  Before "finding" this forum and Ray's site, I thought I was alone.  I had never dreamed that others existed who believed in similar ways and only wanted the truth, not some dogma made up by humans.  Often I was sad and lonely about this, and finding this community had been a tremendous blessing in my life.  I know sometimes we get emotional or react in anger or fear, but what really makes my heart smile, is how that is dealt with.  Usually, we remember (although sometimes a little belatedly) to put Christ first and express love.  The genuine love, comfort, edification and support that we have here in each other is an amazing expression of God's love for us.  Love really is what it is all about....including love for those with whom we disagree with and even for those who hurt us.  It is so uplifting to come here and see that love expressed by so many.

Much much love to you all in Christ,

mongoose

iris

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 01:18:53 PM »

Hi Bobby,

I enjoy the fellowship with everyone here at the forum also.

And if I'm feeling bad or feeling down or just having a bad day,

it brings comfort to me when I come here and read the many post.

Sometimes I will have a question about something I read in one of

Ray's papers, and I will find the answer in a post that has been made.

It's as if God put it there for me, to help me understand. I have learned

so very much here on this forum, and think of everyone here as familly.

Welcome to the forum Bradigans!!!  :)

Iris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.