bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: They shall not be burned!  (Read 4529 times)

sj

They shall not be burned!
« on: January 09, 2007, 04:17:31 PM »

This weekend, I was offered with several opportunities to share the truly good news of the gospel of God with some very close friends of mine. Even though it shouldn't, it always suprises me when peoples response is ... "Well, why would anyone serve God if there wasn't a hell?"

For me I was so grateful to learn this truth... but even know I seek and pray to confirm/establish my electiosn so that I will not have to take part in the lake of fire in the age to come. To be honest, even though I have come to understand and appreciate the chastisment of God on all flesh, I still greatly fear it.

I just wanted to offer a few verses that I found on my lunch break today as encourgament to others here who are seeking to endure to the end!

Hope this is an encourgament!
Josh

James 1:18 (NKJV)
Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures.

Revelation 14:4
These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among men and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb.

Leviticus 2:12
As for the offering of the first fruits, you shall offer them to the LORD, but they shall not be burned on the altar for a sweet aroma.

1 Thessalonians 5:9
For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: They shall not be burned!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 04:25:52 PM »

Swivel,

I like the last one.  I had been looking for that particular verse all week long and now I do not have to look it up.  Thanks.

Maybe you should have more lunch breaks.  What awesome relvelations you had.  Has anyone seen Scrubs on TV.  They joke about a toilet on the roof being an epiphany toilet.  Everytime they sat on it they would solve their own problems.  God in a can thing, I suppose.  Well we jokingly call our toilet that and our bed the Word.  I copied that off of one of the Christain comedians, and I love to kid my other believing friends when I am in the bed, Can you go away, I am busy and am spending quality time with the Word.  ;D

Anyways, knowing that I would not have to look for this verse helped lighten my mood.  I was digressing in the second paragraph.  Thanks for sharing.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

sj

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 04:44:59 PM »

no prob bob. =)

Sorin

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 05:04:32 PM »

Josh you qouted the following verse: "Revelation 14:4
These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among men and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb."

I thought the marriage bed was undefiled? And that it was not good for the man to be alone? Yet another contradiction. 

So even if you get married, you're still defiled because you're not a virgin? If sex is so bad, why did God create it, and our sexual body parts and drive?
And why did he say: "be fruitful and multiply" If you're only pure if you remian a virgin your whole life, and not only that but how would we populate the earth if everyone remained a virgin?

Unless of course it's not to be taking literaly, and the 'women' are not actual women but rather speaking of The Harlot and her daughters. Then it makes perfect sense.
And the second witness is Rev 18:4 Those who have come out of her, The Elect.

Take care,
Sorin
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 05:19:59 PM by Sorin »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 05:23:20 PM »

Sorin,

Maybe you need to take a cold shower!  ;D

Defiling oneself with women is the false church(es), the harlot, Jezebel, Babylon.

Remember, "His Words are Spirit."   

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

sj

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 05:25:34 PM »

Sorin,

I still remember the first time I read over this verse with any amount of understanding... my heart felt as though it had stopped as I sat in fear wondering if a mistake I had made only a few months before would be what would make me considered "impure" or "undefiled."

I was a member of this board at that time and asked that very same question. I found great peace in knowing that the book of revelations is symbolic (including that verse) and not to be taken literally. I believe this is speaking of the spiritual rather that the physical.

This is not a contradiction, it truly does make perfect sense!

Good to hear from you again Sorin. Hope your day is going well.
Josh
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.