bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Was she really dead?  (Read 4472 times)

SandyFla

Was she really dead?
« on: January 10, 2007, 02:51:47 PM »

Lunchtime musings:

I was thinking about how Jesus healed a ruler's daughter who was thought to be dead (Luke 8/Matthew 9/Mark 5). Jesus said she "is not dead, but sleepeth." Some say that she was dead, and Jesus was simply referring to the "sleep of death." However, he specifically said she "is NOT dead."

So, was Jesus lying? No.

Then He did not raise her from the dead.

Back in those days (and even some recent ones), if your heart was not beating, you were thought to be dead. There was no way to measure brain activity. My mom and her siblings used to play in a graveyard and would sometimes hear moans coming from the graves. They'd run home and tell their mother, who called authorities who then exhumed the body, which had turned over. The individuals had woken up to find they had been buried alive. This was before embalming was done.

Perhaps that's what happened to this girl. Her heart stopped beating, but she was not dead. And with their limited technology, Jesus is the only one who could've known that.

Sandy

SandyFla

Re: Was she really dead?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 02:54:59 PM »

OK, I just noticed that my last new thread was also about death. Seems I'm thinking about the subject a little too much these days!  ;) :D

YellowStone

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 07:27:54 PM »

Sandy Wrote:

Lunchtime musings:

I was thinking about how Jesus healed a ruler's daughter who was thought to be dead (Luke 8/Matthew 9/Mark 5). Jesus said she "is not dead, but sleepeth." Some say that she was dead, and Jesus was simply referring to the "sleep of death." However, he specifically said she "is NOT dead."

So, was Jesus lying? No.

Then He did not raise her from the dead.

Back in those days (and even some recent ones), if your heart was not beating, you were thought to be dead. There was no way to measure brain activity. My mom and her siblings used to play in a graveyard and would sometimes hear moans coming from the graves. They'd run home and tell their mother, who called authorities who then exhumed the body, which had turned over. The individuals had woken up to find they had been buried alive. This was before embalming was done.

Perhaps that's what happened to this girl. Her heart stopped beating, but she was not dead. And with their limited technology, Jesus is the only one who could've known that.

Sandy, I will ask you a question. Is there anyone who is "dead" to Christ?

I am wondering if you read Rays new paper on death. If not hen please read it, for death is almost as nothing. It is like we are alive and dying and suddenly we wil be alive with Christ.

So death can only be measured in time by the living, not the dead. So to us, a loved one may have died, but to Christ they are as if they are sleeping and the to the dead, they know nothing. :)

I hope this helps,

Love,
Darren

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 06:02:20 AM »

AMEN  Darren!   (by the way Darren, are you scottish? use of the word hen jumped out of me)

Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

Chris R

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 08:43:59 AM »

Hello folks

Luk 8:55  And her spirit came again, and she arose straightway: and he commanded to give her meat.

What happens to the spirit when you die?  Ecc 12:7  Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Something to think about

Chris R
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.