bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please pray for my son  (Read 4699 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

Please pray for my son
« on: January 10, 2007, 05:04:15 PM »

To all,

Guys, I have had a frustrating and irrating day dealt to me, so I can relate with Bobby when the day is not going well.  I have a migraine and have had it for 4 days now.  My son is teething and is in pain.  I have done everything that I can do, and yet he is still screaming and yelling.  He wants to be held all day, but I cannot do so and I feel guilty.  It tears my heart apart knowing he is in pain and I am doing everything in my best power.  Both Mommy and Baby are thourghly exhausted today and need rest, but when one does not sleep the other does not sleep.

Please pray that his teeth come in with less pain and that we get deep restful sleep when we do sleep.  Thanks guys.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

brothertoall

Re: Please pray for my son
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 05:21:44 PM »

Anne you got it my dear friend.

bobby

gmik

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 05:26:05 PM »

Absolutely!

This too shall pass. :-*

love,
gena

longhorn

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 05:59:58 PM »

You and your son are in my prayers.  Anne, if it's any consolatioin, I was carrying some trash out to the burn barrel a couple of hours ago (that in itself should tell you how far out in the country I live) and my RT foot "Found" a hole that my rat terrier "Bubbles" had dug, needless to say, I went from a vertical position to a horizontal position rather quickly, Yes I fell on the stinky trash, and yes I cussed.

I was forced to call on an old friend of mine named "Jack" (Black Label), and within a couple minutes I felt much better.  Here's hoping you and your son are feeling better, and get some rest soon.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

John

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 07:24:22 PM »

Anne,

Hope you and baby are well very soon!

Peace,
John

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 10:10:22 PM »

To all who have responded,

Thanks so much.  He is doing a little better and we are going to go to sleep earlier tonight.  I will keep updating you as soon as I know anything.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

joyful1

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 12:32:30 PM »

Anne--
You poor dear!! what an awful situation to be in-- next time:

Put your baby in his crib and surround him with his favorite chew toys in another room....close the door and get away from the crying.....for short periods of time when you have a migraine...this is certainly not hurting him physically...and you'll be a much better mom for him when the migraine subsides....if you have a sound monitor, just turn it on from time to time in the other room to keep yourself posted as to his situation, check on him when you can....but it really is ok to let an otherwise healthy baby cry for a bit while mom recovers....even praying hurts your head when you are going through one of these, that's when you trust the intercession of the Holy Spirit...right?  ...mine only last 4-5 hours...but they are 4-5 hours from "the traditional hell" !

Now, if you are not able to medicate for migraines...try this: ....put a can of coke(not bottle) in the freezer for 10 mins. then lay down with a cold wash cloth to the back of your neck and hold the coke can so that it touches your eye lids near your nose...hold in place a few seconds at a time and then alternate with fresh cold cloths and massage to the neck and temples....keep the lights in the room off and put a small fan on "low" in the corner of your room....

"Jack" will in essence put your migraines "on steroids" and turn them into "cluster" headaches....many together in succession.....will send you to the hospital! Don't do "jack" for migraines!! LOL...sorry Longhorn!! Just trying to help our little sister out here!! Joyce

P.S.  Save the "Jack" for other medicinal needs!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 03:23:32 PM »

Hello Anne,

I hope all is back to "normal" once again,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 07:22:43 PM »

Anne

Do you often get Migrains? Hope all is going better for you.

Peace be with you and your family

Arcturus :)

iris

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 09:51:06 PM »

Hi Anne,

I hope you and your baby are doing better now.

Peace be with you.

Iris

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 11:59:06 PM »

Okay here's a multiple reply.

Arcturus,

Yes I often get them.  Usually I have one present and have learned how to live with it.  Usually they do not get any worse, except this is not one of those usual times.  The reason I have not been at the computer a lot is becuase the screen hurts my eyes and head.  But you guys are the balm for my heart and soul.  So the physical pain is so worth going through to get to the soul food.

Longhorn,

I do not have any "Jack" around but his friend strawberry daquirri came to visit.  And a little bit of that does help.

Joyful1,

I tried some of your suggestions.  They did go easier than they have.

To All,

My son is still teething.  He's growing up he is not eating rice with applesauce and wanting more and more solids.  He is crying because he is hungry right now.  I had better go and feed him.  He is doing a little better.  AS to my migraine, it is still severe.  So I am going to go to bed early.  I am doing my last rounds for the night.  I love all of you.  Keep praying for me and my son. Thanks guys.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 12:55:43 PM »

To all,

Thank you so much for your prayers.  My son is doing better and getting used to his teeth.  I still do not see any pearly whites, but I know they are coming.

My migraine is gone.  Thank you for your love and support.  It really means so much to me.  May God bless you through your days this year.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 16 queries.