bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone find this amusing?  (Read 14007 times)

vic

Re: Does anyone find this amusing?
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2007, 09:35:24 AM »

Hello Ray and Everyone.

i do enjoy some of your acid sarcasm.

But has the Church got worse or is it just the volume of heretics is larger, with many more heresies.

At the death of Stephen they gnashed on him with their teeth, really ghoulish when I think about it.

Vic,

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2007, 10:23:22 AM »

Hello Vic

Yes the Church has got worse. The deception is more sophisticated!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Kat

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2007, 10:52:38 AM »

Hi Arcturus,

I agree with you on this. 
It brings this scripture to mind.

Mat 10:32  So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven,
v.33  but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.
v.34  "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Do we deny Him when we do not speak up for the truth He has revealed to us, like you said,

I am not saying we should go and get a soap box, look for war or to be the hero and be idiots but I am very certain that we are all tested in small, very small situations that could be answered politely and affirmatively to take a stand against error and its continuity!

As verse 34 shows, it may be true that if we stand up for the truth (sword) we may not recieve peace, but we have to get a thick skin like Ray, because the whole world remains deceived.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2007, 10:56:19 AM »

Excellent point Kat!

Sorin

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2007, 12:56:13 PM »

Arcturus, you said: "Should we be not  be able to respond more like Ray does at times? Shouldn't we also be able to respond with scathing sarcasm? Shouldn't we? Or do we fear rejection, persecution and hate that will pour out from festering souls who have not yet...NOT YET but will be....  given the Spirit of Christ."

I used to respond like that alot of times when I first came to this forum and when we were allowed to reply to emails without copying them and pasting them in General Discussuion., Before you joined I believe. And wouldn't you know it, I got verbally assaulted by a group of people who have their own forum now, which is of course set to private so you have to register before you can view the forum.  ::)
And I believe one got banned.

What do they have to hide? I mean if they have "The Truth" they sure are keeping it to themselves. ;)
Isn't that like keeping the lantern under the table? How's it supposed to light up the darkness?

But yeah, I agree with what you said. And no, I'm not 'afraid' to still use scathing sarcasm, and I still do.   :D

Take care,
Sorin 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 12:58:17 PM by Sorin »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 01:06:03 PM »

To All,

Yeah sometimes I am accused of being too direct.  But when it comes to truth I have been known to be no bars hold or whatever that saying is.  Sometimes and I believe the world desparately need people who are not afraid to stand up with the truth and to be direct with it.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2007, 01:17:43 PM »

The point being that we need to have discernment and balance. No good being the proverbial bull in the China shop unless the China Shop is in Palistine with tables that need turning over! ;D

Seriously though....Sorin I get you point and bravo....my poet friend.....but can anyone agree that it is not fun to have enemies, and hate mail accusations until we get real close up and personal with Jesus Christ. Then it is just a matter of course on our way into persecution and the world hating us which is cause for joy and evidence of our being on the same path as Jesus.

Learning to have a thick skin and a huge heart not just one without the other wouldn't you say?

Love Love Love.....with that little member that can start a fire of opposition and even drive a group underground! Remember Korah? The ground opened up and swollowed them! Sorin....see any similarities?....with the group who started a so called Forum?

Dear Lord keep us sober, balanced, praying for our enemies as you garison us all with Your Peace!

YellowStone

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2007, 01:39:02 PM »

Good morning All :)]

I just read this entire thread and found some interesting responses :) But to be truthful, I was very surprised at what I didn't find. Not once did I see mention to pray and thank God for Ray's discernemnt and also I did not see any request in prayer to God that he open the eye's and ear's of such as these who are ignorant of the truth. Please, let us never forget, they who are wise are not wise of their own accord but of God; and likewise, those who are fools are not fools other than by the Will of God.

As for speaking to such, why waste your breath and/or scarcasm? Solomon, to whom God granted widom, knew well of this;

Pro 23:9
  • Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words.

Paul also knew well who grants the widom of the words we should speak.

1Cr 2:13
  • Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Please understand that I am NOT suggesting that scarcasm has no place in our words; however, we must always be conscious of whose words we are speaking!

If we are speaking the words of "our" wisdom, then we are speaking as fools; however, we should always pray for wisdom and discernemnt (Great post this morning Joe) so that we may know when and what to speak at any time through the wisdom of the Spirit.

I therefore do not think that ispeaking with scarcasm is something we should strive to do, or hold back from doing, rather I think we should strive constantly to speak always with Spirit and with Truth.

Eph 5:9
  • (For the fruit of the Spirit [is] in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

Opps, I just seen the post from Arcturus who wrote:

Dear Lord keep us sober, balanced, praying for our enemies as you garison us all with Your Peace!

Amen :)

Thanks be to Giod,
Darren

Kat

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2007, 02:37:20 PM »

Hi Darren,

I found this in the emails and thought I would let Ray speak for himself.

Sarcasm
« on: June 29, 2006, 08:05:11 PM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
   I ran across your website by accident, and while reading some of your work I ran across something that you said that caused me distress. I get so frustrated that the gospel gets so tainted with US.
Anyway, it may not seem like anything to you, but I noticed this statement you made... "You might conclude that some of my remarks are a little sarcastic, but then again I think a little sarcasm is good!"
Are you aware of what the word sarcasm means?
Sarcasm:(Mariam-Websters dictionary) to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh;- to cut
1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

Wow!, so do you really think it is a good thing to tear flesh from, and cut someone, for the purpose of causing pain? I would hope not.  Is'nt the world in need of the Love of God and not more tearing apart? For me, it was the love that brought me to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

Thanks for your time,
CES

Dear CES:

If the Word of God has not torn you flesh apart (your carnal fleshly mind, Rom. 8:7), and caused you GREAT PAIN, then you have profitted nothing from God's word.  God's Word is POWERFUL, AND SHARPER THAN A TWO EDGED SWORD [not a soft feather duster], AND PIERCES, AND CUTS, AND DIVIDES, etc., etc., etc. (Heb. 4:12).  Jesus Christ "UPBRAIDED" the hypocrites. Did you not read all the definitions of THAT word in my paper: "YOU FOOLS! YOU HYPOCRITES! YOU SNAKES!"? I'll post it below for you:

HOW JESUS ‘UPBRAIDED’ THE CITIES

"Then began He [Jesus] to UPBRAID [Greek: oneidizo] the cities wherein most of His mighty works were done, because they repented not" (Matt. 11:20).

"Blessed are ye, when men shall REVILE [Greek: oneidizo] you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you FALSELY, for my sake" (Matt. 5:11).

Notice that Jesus "upbraided" the cities TRUTHFULLY while He said men would "revile" His true followers FALSELY. The same Greek word is used to describe both. No matter how stern or cutting our Lord’s words might have been, they always were truthful. As for any sarcasm and anger that Jesus exhibited, your argument must be with Him and not me.

Clearly, oneidizo is not a pleasant word, but what does it mean when it says that Jesus began to "upbraid" the cities where He taught?

I will consult Strong’s Dictionary of the New Testament to help us define this word, because if I were to define it myself and tell you what it means, no one would believe me. Oneidizo is a powerful word of rebuke and condemnation.

Here is the definition:

Strong’s Greek Dictionary, "#3679, oneidizo, from #3681 [notoriety, that is a taunt (disgrace):--a reproach] to defame, i.e. rail at, chide, taunt:--upbraid, reproach, revile, cast in (one’s) teeth" (page 179)"

And here is what all those words mean:

Notoriety: notorious, ill fame, infamous.

Taunt: reproach, mocking, insulting, contemptuous, scornful, tirade.

Disgrace: loss of honor, shame, disapproval, disfavor, discredit.

Reproach: disapproval, criticism, disappointment, shame, disgrace, blame, rebuke.

Defame: to attack or damage the character or reputation of.

Rail: to express objections or criticism in bitter, harsh, or abusive language.

Chide: scold, correct, improve, reprimand, disapproval, strife, contention.

Let me be quick to add (I can see the emails flowing in by the hundreds…), that not every word used to define the words that define oneidizo are always 100% applicable when a word such as "upbraid" is used to translate that Greek word. So all of you who were getting ready to write me or inform the chat rooms that "Ray Smith says that Jesus was ‘disgraceful,’ used ‘abusive language,’ and went into ‘tirades’ during His ministry," hold off a little and continue reading.

It is possible to condemn the sinful actions and teachings of men without hating the men who commit these things. Jesus loved everyone. Jesus died for everyone. Jesus forgave everyone. Jesus forgave those who crucified Him before He expired and probably thousands of years before most of them will repent in judgment. As I have said many times, except for the grace of God, everyone of us could have been any of the world’s most evil people. We are saved in God’s grace, not by our cleverness in choosing to follow and obey God. Grace CAUSES us to obey God. The carnal mind CAUSES men to disobey God. It is that simple.

And so we expose, exhort, teach, challenge, forgive, and LOVE. That these can take the form of sarcasm, exaggeration, satire, irony, anger, and LOVE, are clearly demonstrated by the examples of our Lord.

Now then, let’s see some examples of "upbraiding" used by our Lord in preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom of God: After the high priest asked Jesus about His disciples and teachings, Jesus said:

Grow up a little and don't be so self-righteous and holier-than-thou.

God be with you,

Ray
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2007, 03:01:17 PM »

Grow up a little and don't be so self-righteous and holier-than-thou.  Thus said to condemn the sinful actions and teachings of ...the man...without hating the man

Why? ...because... BECAUSE... It is possible... To quote Ray...IT IS POSSIBLE! ..to condemn the sinful actions and teachings of men without hating the men who commit these things. Jesus loved everyone. Jesus died for everyone. Jesus forgave everyone. Jesus forgave those who crucified Him before He expired and probably thousands of years before most of them will repent in judgment.

Thanks be to Jesus and God our Father that  IT IS POSSIBLE!

Hebrews 6 : 1 THEREFORE THEREFORE ..LET us go on and get past the elementary stage in the teachings and doctrine of Christ the Messiah, advancing steadily toward the completness and perfection that belong to spiritual maturity.....

In Pauls words...."Grace, God's favor and spirtual blessing be with you all."

« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 03:03:44 PM by Arcturus »

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2007, 03:03:17 PM »

To All,

Wow, I did not know that this topic would get this deep.  I am glad that it did.  I am going to lurk in my own topic becuase it is getting very deep for me.  Please someone throw me a life jacket.  Thanks for posting this.  <goes to corner and begins lurking>

Darren,

I think why no one mentioned Ray becuase it is commonly understood within the forum that he is gifted with the gift of discernement and things of that nature.  He is blessed and we pray for him everyday.  I wonder if that is what the others were thinking.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

YellowStone

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2007, 07:39:52 PM »

Hi Darren,

I found this in the emails and thought I would let Ray speak for himself.

Kat, my dear sister. I guess I said something you did not agree with. :(

Could you please let me know what. Ray has much discernement and I know that God speaks through him; therefore, I can assure you I was not speaking for him.

So if I spoke an untruth, it was sadly straight from my heart and I am saddened and need to know what so that I can learn and apologize.

May God continue to grant understanding an truth to all,
Darren

YellowStone

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2007, 07:45:48 PM »

Arcturus wrote:

Grow up a little and don't be so self-righteous and holier-than-thou.  Thus said to condemn the sinful actions and teachings of ...the man...without hating the man

Why? ...because... BECAUSE... It is possible... To quote Ray...IT IS POSSIBLE! ..to condemn the sinful actions and teachings of men without hating the men who commit these things.

Artcurus,

"Grow up a little and don't be so self-righteous and holier-than-thou. " may I ask if these words were directed to me? :(

I hope and pray that they do not.

Your brother in Christ,
Darren

YellowStone

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2007, 07:55:38 PM »

Anne wrote:

I think why no one mentioned Ray becuase it is commonly understood within the forum that he is gifted with the gift of discernement and things of that nature.  He is blessed and we pray for him everyday.  I wonder if that is what the others were thinking.

Anne, I think I stood on a lot of toes and this was not my intent. :(

Rather, it was to remind everyone that sarcasm can come both from the heart of man and the Spirit of God. If one of the Moderators care to PM me if I said anything that should not have been said, then please do.

I mean this very sincerely,

BTW, I did not find it amusing, rather sad for they are still blind. All in GOd's time though.

Much Love to you,
Darren

DWIGHT

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2007, 08:43:21 PM »

Hi Darren,

I don't feel that what you said was offending anyone.  Please don't take it personally.  We all want to edify each other and sometimes when we make a post and it doesn't get quite the responce that we intended it to get, we get a little upset.  I know, because that has happened to me, but after awhile, I realized there was no harm intended. 

In His love,

Dwight

Kat

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2007, 08:54:30 PM »

Hi Darren,

Just was bring that email forward because it was relevant to the subject.

I think scarcasm that we are speaking of, is just one aspect of discernment.

Scarcasm is a way that can be use to give an answer.
But I realize, as I hope we all do, that it is not to be used without wisdom.

Your point is another aspect,

Please understand that I am NOT suggesting that scarcasm has no place in our words; however, we must always be conscious of whose words we are speaking!

This certainly should be taken into consideration when we give an answer.

There are many aspects of this subject, that we can discuss  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

YellowStone

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2007, 09:19:06 PM »

Thanks Dwight,

To be truthful I want more to speak truth regardless of how it might be taken.

If I ever speak an untruth then I need to know so that I can with God's help correct my understanding.

Is there anyone in this forum who get's 1/2 or 1/10 or 1/100th of the distasteful comments thrown at them as does Ray? If not, then why the focus on sarcasm?

That is all,

Darren

YellowStone

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2007, 09:28:21 PM »

Thank you Kat, :)

Congratulations on becoming a Mod, I am very pleased for you and I think you are well suited to such an often unthankful job.

Honestly, I did not know this in my last post to you. Sarcasm in my opinion is used all to frequently by the Church and its many members. It was not the sarcasm that drew me to Bible-Truths, rather it was the words of simple truth. Kat, it was these words that those here were indeed sheep and not wovles.

Mat 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Love to all,
Darren

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2007, 10:11:44 PM »

Darren,

No no offense was taken. But you did call us to attention to an important fact.  I am sorry if I have caused you to feel tension my brother, that was not the thing that I wanted you to feel.  I am sorry if I have built up a wall between us.  I am asking for your forgiveness for any hard feelings or frustrations that I have caused you.  I am sorry.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

YellowStone

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2007, 10:19:14 PM »

Anne, it is I who should be asking forgiveness of you. :)

There is positively no ill feeling towards anyone here.

Love to you,
Darren
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.