bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trivia Time - How well do you know U.S. History?  (Read 5646 times)

rrammfcitktturjsp

Trivia Time - How well do you know U.S. History?
« on: January 12, 2007, 12:11:03 AM »

Okay peoples,

I got a cool book in the mail.  I learned a great deal of things.  I am going to share my journey with you all.

Here's a question for January 11, 2007 - Who was the FIRST President of the United States of America?  Is it that obvious or is there something deeper?

Answer to be posted tomorrow.  Have fun, you are welcome to use the internet for the answers.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

longhorn

Re: Trivia Time - How well do you know U.S. History?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 12:40:29 AM »

George Washington was the first President under the current Constitution.  That I do remember from Mr. Babers history class. 

Longhorn

prarrydog

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 12:58:14 AM »

John Hanson

rrammfcitktturjsp

As promised the Answer for January 11, 2007
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 12:51:22 PM »

Prarrydog,

You were right.  He was the first president of the US.  It was only seven presidents later the founding fathers figured out that the Articles of Confederation and Perputual Union. 

Look for today's trivia to come later.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Sorin

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 12:32:04 PM »

Dude, no way! I thought it was G. Washington too. Shows how much I paid attention in class.  ::)

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 01:17:48 PM »

Sorin,

You are taught George Washington.  I was too. 

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Brett

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 05:16:28 PM »

Any more of Trivia Time? I like it.;D

Brett

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 06:07:09 PM »

Brett,

Sure.  Was George Washington ever taken prisoner of war at any time in his career and if so by whom and where?

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

longhorn

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 07:22:24 PM »

I was arrested by the Mesquite police dept.  Does that count?  OK, I wasn't a POW, but they fed us luke warm Chicken pot pies for lunch, and the holding cell smelled like a combination of moss and coffee grinds.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

P.S. The rain is changing to ice here in East Tx.  I may need some anti-freeze...never mind, I found some. ;)

gmik

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 01:41:21 AM »

Wasn't Longhorn correct in saying that it was GW under the CURRENT constitution??

The Articles and the Virginia Compromise by Madison were before the constitution. Also, most people imagined GW to become King, but he and calmer heads prevailed.

I am teaching this stuff right now in my class.  We teach from books so old that we can still call them the founding "fathers" and our books even have quotes about God and scripture.

Did you know Thomas Jefferson wanted an anti-slavery paragraph put in the constitution but was out voted!  Imagine how differently....Well, it was the way God wanted it.  Next month, I have to teach about the Civil War (or the War between the States).

love,
gena

longhorn

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 02:11:52 AM »

WoooHooo. Thanks Gena.  Looks like we are in for a major ice storm here in NE Texas. Thanks be to God I have plenty of Firewood, a back-up generator, The complete series of "Columbo" on CD, popcorn in the microwave, boiling water on the stove which will be used to pour over a mug of cocoa mix with marshmallows.  Talk to yall later.  P.S. My cats Salem and Doodle managed to sneak their way into the house, and are walking around like they own the dang place.

Love in Christ

Longhorn

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 03:34:46 AM »

Longhorn,

That's what cats do.  They walk with high tails in the air and own the place.  That's the neat thing about cats.

Gena,

Yes GW was the first president under the current constitution.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.