bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church?  (Read 6274 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Church?
« on: April 05, 2006, 12:11:52 PM »

babylon is the world system, education, religion and ecconomic.

education: lies with in them, you know what they are! evolution, etc.
religoun: eternal tormant and all the rest of false doctrines every religion has them, Christ in you is our religion.

economic: get rich brings happiness,,etc.

everyone of these mixes truth with lies.

((((chosen out of the world))))) not the "church'

overcome the world not overcome the church.

if Christ is in you!!! he overcame it Wink

Jhn 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high [places].

1Jo 2:16 For all that [is] in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world

Jhn 15:19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have (((((((chosen you out of the world)))))), therefore the world hateth you.

there is plenty more Wink
peace
chuckt

Dear Chuck:

Wrong.  The "world" IS the Church, first and foremost. Secondarily it is the global world of nations and politics.

When Jesus said that He overcame "the world," certainly both aspects are covered (John16:33).  A few verses later when Jesus said: "While I was with them in the WORLD, I kept them in Your Name..." (John 17:12), He is speaking of the religion of the Jews--the church.  Jesus was not with the disciples in China or Russia, but in Judea which was religious to the core. EVERYONE was religious. ALL Jews of Judea were followers of Moses in some form or fashion.

"They are not of the WORLD [the religion of their own people in their own country Judea], even as I was not of the world...As You have sent Me into the world [not the nations, not the politics of Rome, etc.], EVEN SO [in the very same way] I also sent them into the world [the original apostles did not take the gospel to the Gentiles of the world]" (Verse 16 & 18).

Verse 24: "...for You loved Me before the foundation of the world [here again is the broader sense of the whole "kosmos" which involved the entire social order of mankind.

So, Yes, the word world in Scripture has the specific meaning of the Church or the Religion of the day.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 19 queries.