bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God's will?  (Read 4687 times)

Evan600

God's will?
« on: January 12, 2007, 12:33:55 AM »

As I read continuously in the scripture, and coming to the knowledge of the truth of God's soveriegnty, I have a question about His will.  I'm hoping that someone has some insight.  I personally have not done a whole lot of study into this matter, and I'm looking for some guidance. 

Mat 7:21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

I see that this word for will in the original language is thelēma strong's 2307.  This is not the same word used here:

1Ti 2:4  Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

This word for will is thelō  /  ethelō, strong's 2309.

My question here is can anyone expound to me what the difference is on these words?  Especially when we compare the soveriegnty of God that says His will, will be done to what 2309 is.  I hope that I am making this question clear that I have.  Jesus says that he that doeth the will of My Father which is in heaven, but yet we know that God's will is always done.  I'm just looking for an exposition on the differences, or where and how I could do a study on this.

Thanks so much,

Jason

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: God's will?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 01:12:53 AM »

Jason, go to the announcements section and under Mobile Conference there are many downloads regarding God's Will.
The 1st download, if I remember correctly, is not a very good quality, however our wonderful sister, Kat, did a written transcript and it is somewhere on here. Should be able to find it by doing a search.

Kat

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 02:27:03 AM »

Hi Jason,

Here is the link for the session at the Mobile conference that Patrick mentioned.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1948.0.html

In 1Tim. 2:4 the word will is a verb, as such it means; to will, have in mind, intend.

In Matt 7:21 the word will there is a noun, and it means; 1) what one wishes or has determined shall be done, 2) will, choice, inclination, desire, pleasure.

Hope this helps  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Evan600

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 12:08:28 AM »

Hi Jason,

Here is the link for the session at the Mobile conference that Patrick mentioned.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1948.0.html

In 1Tim. 2:4 the word will is a verb, as such it means; to will, have in mind, intend.

In Matt 7:21 the word will there is a noun, and it means; 1) what one wishes or has determined shall be done, 2) will, choice, inclination, desire, pleasure.

Hope this helps  :)

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Thanks Kat... for all of the time you put into writing that out.

Though in reading that, there was somewhat of my question answered, perhaps God will reveal to me the entire truth of what I'm seeking.  My understanding seems limited on this subject right now.

I'm going to listen to the rest of those audios soon.  Thanks again for the beginning of the conference!!

God bless,

Jason
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.