bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Resurrection of the Dead  (Read 23585 times)

gmik

Resurrection of the Dead
« on: January 13, 2007, 01:29:25 AM »

Hi folks.  Just read an e mail of Rays about the cosen saints will resurrect to rule w/ Christ and the wicked vile unbelievers will be raised to judgement.

Just wanted to know what anyone thought about the "other" group of people--the ones in the middle of those 2 groups.

The believers who may not be chosen, and decent "God fearing" people of tribes & tongues that have not heard....????

thanks,
gena

longhorn

Re: Resurrection of the Dead
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 01:36:00 AM »

Good Question Gena.  I kinda feel like I am going to be one of those "Middle of the road" groupies. 

Longhorn

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 01:38:31 AM »

Interesting question. I'd like to find out if there is a middle ground...
Seems to be either "in" or "out".

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. (Mat 12:30 KJV)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 01:41:16 AM by eggi »
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

M_Oliver

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 12:00:18 PM »

Good Question Gena.  I kinda feel like I am going to be one of those "Middle of the road" groupies. 

Longhorn

Well Longhorn you are not alone.  I too often feel this way.  It can be very frustrating :).

Mark

Kat

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 12:36:32 PM »

Well I can give you my prospective of how I think the resurrection of the dead will be.
These verses are speaking of the first resurrection.

Mark 13:27  And then He shall send His angels and shall gather His elect from the four winds, from the end of the earth to the end of heaven.

Rev 20:6  Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. The second death has no authority over these, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him a thousand years.

The first resurrection is at Jesus coming and gathering of the elect.  So who are the elect, they are His sheep, that know His voice, that are given Christ and are in His Father's hand.

John 10:7  So Jesus again said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
v.8  All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.
v.9  I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.

John 10:27 My sheep, unto My voice, hearken,—and, I, know, them, and they follow Me,—
v.28 And, I, give unto them life age-abiding, and in nowise shall they perish, unto times age-abiding; and no one shall carry them off out of my hand.
v.29 What, My Father, hath given Me, is, something greater than all, and, no one, can carry off out of the hand of my Father:—
v.30 I and the Father, are, one.

John 15:4 Abide in Me, and, I, in you. Just as, the branch, cannot be bearing fruit of itself, except it abide in the Vine, so, neither, ye, except, in me, ye abide.

So the elect are gathered at the first resurrection and now are in the kingdom. 

1Cor 15:23  But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at His coming those who belong to Christ.

The elect are the overcomers and their name is in the book of life.

Rev 3:5  The one who overcomes, this one will be clothed in white clothing. And I will not blot out his name out of the Book of Life, but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

If your name is not in the book of life, the only thing left is the lake of fire.

Rev 20:15  And if anyone was not found having been written in the Book of Life, he was cast into the Lake of Fire.

Rev 21:8  But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."

Luk 12:47 And, that servant, who had come to know the will of his lord, and neither prepared, nor wrought unto his will, shall be beaten with many stripes;
Luk 12:48 Whereas, he who had not come to know, and did things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. And, every one to whom was given much, much, shall be sought from him; and, he to whom they committed much, for more than common, will they ask him.

I do not believe the lake of fire is going to be a horrible place for all that go there.
We all know people that are loving, caring and sweet and innocent little children, I certainly do not feel they will suffer greatly. What about those prophets of the OT and John the Baptist, I believe they will receive the knowledge of Jesus as the Christ quickly (few stripes). 
All who did not have Christ living in them will be cast into the lake of fire, that will be just about all of the human race that ever lived, except a very few. 
The lake of fire is that few, the elect, and they will teach them about Christ and guide them all to salvation. 
Some will not desire this at all and they will suffer, until they turn from there carnal way of thinking (many stripes). 
So I think it will be a process that will be longer for some, but brief and not that bad for others. 
The elect are going through judgment now, it is not pleasant at times.  So all have to go through judgment now or later.

Well that's what I think.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 01:11:04 PM by Kat »

ciy

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 01:02:54 PM »

That is it Kat, but stated simply, there is no middle ground.  You are either a sheep or a goat, wheat or tare, elect or not elect.  The few that are chosen are a very few.  The many that are called are everybody else.  Those that are called, chosen, and faithful (to the end) will be the chosen to judge with Christ.  God's plan is great.
CIY

gmik

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 01:08:42 PM »

Kat, thanks for using scripture.  Yes, ciy, that was pretty clear. I am glad I asked the question.

love,
gena

John

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 01:21:59 PM »

That is it Kat, but stated simply, there is no middle ground.  You are either a sheep or a goat, wheat or tare, elect or not elect.  The few that are chosen are a very few.  The many that are called are everybody else.  Those that are called, chosen, and faithful (to the end) will be the chosen to judge with Christ.  God's plan is great.
CIY

Amen, CIY

Peace,
John

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 03:14:28 PM »

This thread has enhanced my understanding.

Thank you everyone! :)

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 03:27:38 PM »

I feel like a billy goat.

M_Oliver

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 03:42:52 PM »

I know this is serious stuff but I couldn't help but chuckle  ;D.  Only because I know how you feel!

Mark

John

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 03:46:31 PM »

I know this is serious stuff but I couldn't help but chuckle  ;D.  Only because I know how you feel!

Mark

And from the AMEN CORNER....a hearty AMEN to that too... :)

Peace,
John

M_Oliver

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007, 03:49:09 PM »

Luk 12:47 And, that servant, who had come to know the will of his lord, and neither prepared, nor wrought unto his will, shall be beaten with many stripes;

What do you guys think may be good examples of this?

Mark

gmik

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 01:28:42 AM »

Yes, I would like to know "living in this world"examples. C'mon folks.

gena ???

Kat

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 02:12:46 AM »

Hi Mark and Gena,

Looking at this verse, this is what came to my mind.

Who claim to be 'servants' of the Lord?  And preach from the many pulpits of Christiandom about the Lord.  They hold the bible as true and study it and 'know' what it says.  Are they doing the will of the Lord?  Are they prepared to face Him?

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 05:17:21 AM »

Matt 10 : 33 But whoever denies and disowns Me before men, I also will deny and disown him before My Father Who is in heaven.

Mark 8 : 33,34 But turning around His back to Peter and seeing His disciples, He rebuked Peter,  saying, Get behind Me, Satan! For you do not have a mind intent on promoting what God wills, but what pleases men, you are not on God’s side, but that of men.  34. And Jesus  called to Him the throng with His disciples and said to them, If anyone intends to come after Me, let him deny himself, forget, ignore, disown, and lose sight of himself and his own interests and take up his cross, and joining Me as a disciple and siding with My party, follow with Me continually cleaving steadfastly to Me.

How are some of the ways that we deny contradict reject or affirm we have no association or connection with Christ?

Jesus points out that when we do not have a mind intent on promoting what God wills…..

What does God will? That we be Holy as He is Holy. That we be righteous as He is righteous. When we do  NOT have the mind that Gods will is for everyone to be holy and righteous, then we become a stumbling block that brings the worst out in people. I do not say that we are accountable for the condition of people, but that our motives will stand before God in the final analysis and if we enjoy or promote division or carnality, then we will be seen to have rejected Christ. Christ did not promote carnality or division. He did not team up to go against the systems of man. He simply pointed them out and rebuked the origin of their nature which was and still is what pleases men.

Jesus pleased God. Mankind seeks self gratification and approval from others.

Peace to you

Arcuturs :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 05:20:48 AM by Arcturus »

vic

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 10:05:22 AM »

Hello Kat,
From your post : -
"What about those prophets of the OT and John the Baptist, I believe they will receive the knowledge of Jesus as the Christ quickly (few stripes)." 

Are you short changing the patriarchs a bit, Christ said of all the sons of man John the baptist  was the greatest. Mat 11:11 -15. And what of David and Abraham, Are we to become Abraham's seed Gal 3:29.
In Heb 11:40. Could it be it that  they will be in the first resurrection.

Vic.

Well I can give you my prospective of how I think the resurrection of the dead will be.
These verses are speaking of the first resurrection.

Mark 13:27  And then He shall send His angels and shall gather His elect from the four winds, from the end of the earth to the end of heaven.

Rev 20:6  Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. The second death has no authority over these, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him a thousand years.

The first resurrection is at Jesus coming and gathering of the elect.  So who are the elect, they are His sheep, that know His voice, that are given Christ and are in His Father's hand.

John 10:7  So Jesus again said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
v.8  All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them.
v.9  I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture.

John 10:27 My sheep, unto My voice, hearken,—and, I, know, them, and they follow Me,—
v.28 And, I, give unto them life age-abiding, and in nowise shall they perish, unto times age-abiding; and no one shall carry them off out of my hand.
v.29 What, My Father, hath given Me, is, something greater than all, and, no one, can carry off out of the hand of my Father:—
v.30 I and the Father, are, one.

John 15:4 Abide in Me, and, I, in you. Just as, the branch, cannot be bearing fruit of itself, except it abide in the Vine, so, neither, ye, except, in me, ye abide.

So the elect are gathered at the first resurrection and now are in the kingdom. 

1Cor 15:23  But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at His coming those who belong to Christ.

The elect are the overcomers and their name is in the book of life.

Rev 3:5  The one who overcomes, this one will be clothed in white clothing. And I will not blot out his name out of the Book of Life, but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.

If your name is not in the book of life, the only thing left is the lake of fire.

Rev 20:15  And if anyone was not found having been written in the Book of Life, he was cast into the Lake of Fire.

Rev 21:8  But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."

Luk 12:48 Whereas, he who had not come to know, and did things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. And, every one to whom was given much, much, shall be sought from him; and, he to whom they committed much, for more than common, will they ask him.

I do not believe the lake of fire is going to be a horrible place for all that go there.
We all know people that are loving, caring and sweet and innocent little children, I certainly do not feel they will suffer greatly. What about those prophets of the OT and John the Baptist, I believe they will receive the knowledge of Jesus as the Christ quickly (few stripes). 
All who did not have Christ living in them will be cast into the lake of fire, that will be just about all of the human race that ever lived, except a very few. 
The lake of fire is that few, the elect, and they will teach them about Christ and guide them all to salvation. 
Some will not desire this at all and they will suffer, until they turn from there carnal way of thinking (many stripes). 
So I think it will be a process that will be longer for some, but brief and not that bad for others. 
The elect are going through judgment now, it is not pleasant at times.  So all have to go through judgment now or later.

Well that's what I think.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

buddyjc

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 10:55:23 AM »

Concerning the O.T. saints.  I believe the elect will judge them at the great white throne, and that they will be resurrected with the unjust, thereby explaining Heb. 11:40.  They will not be made perfect 'without us.'  Remember that 'these all died in faith, not having received the promises...'  (Heb. 11:13 and also compare 1 Peter 1:10-12) 

Brian

Kat

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007, 11:30:19 AM »

Hi Vic,

The only way to be in the first resurrection is to belong to Christ.

1Co 15:22  For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23  But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, then at his coming those who belong to Christ.

The patriarchs never knew Christ, they must be brought to salvation through Christ, just like everybody will have to be.
Now John the Baptist died before Christ's resurrection, that saves us.  So John will not be in the first resurrection, he is less than the least in the kingdom.  But I have to believe he will be brought into the kingdom almost immediately after his resurrection, because he knew Christ and who He was.

Mat 11:11  Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there has arisen no one greater than John the Baptist. Yet the one who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

mercy, peace, and love
Kat

Sorin

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007, 11:35:23 AM »

Concerning the O.T. saints.  I believe the elect will judge them at the great white throne, and that they will be resurrected with the unjust, thereby explaining Heb. 11:40.  They will not be made perfect 'without us.'  Remember that 'these all died in faith, not having received the promises...'  (Heb. 11:13 and also compare 1 Peter 1:10-12) 

Brian

Yes, and not only that, but, if the OT saints were to come up in the first resurrection, and or get into The Kingdom of God without entering in by the door [Jesus said He is The Door, The [only] way, The Truth, and The Life, He is the only Name under heaven by which we must be saved etc...] or without Christ, then that would mean that we don't need Christ to get into God's Kingdom.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.