bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 38 degrees in 30 minutes  (Read 18970 times)

longhorn

38 degrees in 30 minutes
« on: January 13, 2007, 01:50:32 AM »

The temp here at the farm has just gone from 68 F to 39f in 30 min.  Not trying to be funny, but my chicken Lucy that normally sleeps on the front porch in her cocca-cola box has hi-tailed it to the barn with her gaurdian cat Salem.  Oh well,  Time to throw another log on the fire.

Longhorn

rrammfcitktturjsp

Re: 38 degrees in 30 minutes
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 02:30:18 AM »

Longhorn,

Even when you do not try to be funny you are a riot.  I laughed at this too. I have just returned from the wonderful world of ebay blogging.  Seems I have found something else to do in the house and stay warm.

Hope you do not run out of any logs.  If you do, let me know, and you can have the huge ole beam from my eye LOL

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

Robin

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 03:00:22 AM »

It snowed right here in Southern California this morning.

They said it is going down to 20 degrees this weekend.

gmik

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 03:01:33 AM »

Thats a big dip buddy.

Weather up here is crazy.  We have NOT had any snow at all this winter!.  It has been raining and in the 40's & 50's.  They say an alberta clipper is coming our way.  That is cold.  

I check out the Fairbanks arcticcam every day.  A couple days ago it was -40 and today it was only 0.  

Crazy weather, chickens & cats sleeping together, the world is coming to an end (loosly translated from Ghostbusters!)

It is 1 AM and I'm going to bed (in a house, not the barn)

love,
gena

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 08:12:59 AM »

Our swimming pool temperature is 78 f. and the sun is very hot here in Africa! I feel for our cats all wrapped up in fur coats and our dogs with theirs!

We have to guard against the intensity of the sun. My hubby got sun burnt in a matter of half an hour and is now painfully recovering from 2nd degree burns with layers of skin pealing off! He asked me to gently brush off the pealing skin and it looked like he was snowing! ;D

Peace to you all

Arcturus :)

Chris R

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 08:38:12 AM »

Salem,  what a nice name for a cat!

Lucy the chicken?

now thats funny stuff!

Chris R

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 11:55:23 AM »

Longhorn,

It is predicted to get up to 21 degrees as the high today here in Lubbock.  It is freacking cold.  Stay warm.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

longhorn

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 12:13:12 PM »

On a global scale, this has been (2006) one of the strangest year weather wise.Mabet there is something to this "Global warming" thing.  Here in N. E. Texas, todays forcast calls for flash flooding, changing to freezing rain late this evening.

Longhorn

John

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 12:41:47 PM »

On a global scale, this has been (2006) one of the strangest year weather wise.Mabet there is something to this "Global warming" thing.  Here in N. E. Texas, todays forcast calls for flash flooding, changing to freezing rain late this evening.

Longhorn

Ive heard 'evey thing is bigger in Texas', does that apply to the years too? Is it still 2006 in Texas? hehe  :) ;D

Peace,
John

longhorn

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 12:52:34 PM »

Well since 2007 is only 13 days old, would I have appeared more stupid by say "2007 has ben a crazy year weather wise.  ;D

Longhorn

John

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 01:06:16 PM »

Well since 2007 is only 13 days old, would I have appeared more stupid by say "2007 has ben a crazy year weather wise. ;D

Longhorn

Ill plead the 5th for that question Longhorn.   :) :)

Peace,
John

John

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 01:11:38 PM »

Its bout 68 degrees and gettin warmer by the minute here in south Alabama

Peace,
John

rrammfcitktturjsp

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007, 01:14:42 PM »

Okay John,

Quit bragging.  ;D  Enjoy your warmth while you can.  Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Sincerely,

Anne C. McGuire

gmik

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 01:25:35 PM »

Ok, Arcturus is hot.  Where are the Florida baskers?? Go ahead rub it in a little.  We can take it.

My son was stationed in Estonia a couple years ago and all prepared for snow and cold but it was very mild all winter. (Estonia is across the strait from Finland)
Maybe there is such a thing as global warming or is this just a pattern that comes around every 100 years or so???

OOOOOHHHHHHHH maybe its an end-time thing ??? ??? ;)

gena

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2007, 01:52:45 PM »

;D  ;D  ;D

Rev 16 : 8 Then the fourth angel emptied out his bowl upon the sun and it was permitted to burn, scorch humanity with fierce, glowing heat fire.....

Global warming?....well out here in Africa we are getting the heat first ;D

« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 01:53:28 PM by Arcturus »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2007, 02:42:05 PM »

It is presently sunny & 75 degrees here in Tampa with a high of around 80 expected, I actually prefer it to be a little cooler in the winter but I can live with this.  8)  The weather report says a very low chance of rain but they are not aware that I did my rain dance this morning, to the untrained eye it probably appeared that I was merely washing my truck but every move has been carefully choreographed to ensure a downpour, I rarely fail in this endeavor.

As far as global warming goes it is obvious that weather patterns change over time, I remember vividly the "Scientific Community" predicting dire consequences in regard to the "New Ice Age" we were entering in the 70's. Weather history can be an interesting study, most people are unaware that early in the 2nd millenium (1000 to 1300 AD or so) England produced more and better wine than France, the weather in that period was conducive to bumper crops of grapes while France was a little too hot in it's grape growing regions. However after the 1300's it cooled quite a bit in Northern Europe and England's time as a major wine producer ended.

From wine to beer and spirits, with cooler weather hurting grape production (England and other countries) the focus went to crops that needed less of a growing season along with lower temperatures, barley, wheat, potatos, etc. could grow very well in this cooler environment making beer, whiskey and vodka more affordable than buying imported wine. This of course changed the consumption patterns in Northern Europe while southern Europe still prefers wine. This tradition continues in North America as well with beer and spirits comprising about 90% of the market and only about 10% for wine.

If stuff like this interests any of you try Googling weather history or weather impact on societies, etc. There is a wealth of information showing how extreme weather changes have been with humanity through the ages. The Middle East was at one time a fertile area, it is now a desert. North America was under hundreds of feet of ice, the Great Lakes were formed by glaciers, ever seen how big the Great Lakes are? That must have been some impressive chunks of ice. The media loves doom and gloom, rarely sharing historical perspectives or tempered opinions.

Gee, I actually could have added this post to the "Useless Information" thread.  ;)

Enjoy your day folks, no matter the weather!

Joe     

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2007, 03:08:05 PM »

Now that's what I call a sound mind!

1 Tim 1 : 7 For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear, but He has given us a spirit of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.

Pity about Lucy the chicken though :D  ;D

buddyjc

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2007, 03:15:24 PM »

It is presently sunny & 75 degrees here in Tampa with a high of around 80 expected, I actually prefer it to be a little cooler in the winter but I can live with this.  8)  The weather report says a very low chance of rain but they are not aware that I did my rain dance this morning, to the untrained eye it probably appeared that I was merely washing my truck but every move has been carefully choreographed to ensure a downpour, I rarely fail in this endeavor.

As far as global warming goes it is obvious that weather patterns change over time, I remember vividly the "Scientific Community" predicting dire consequences in regard to the "New Ice Age" we were entering in the 70's. Weather history can be an interesting study, most people are unaware that early in the 2nd millenium (1000 to 1300 AD or so) England produced more and better wine than France, the weather in that period was conducive to bumper crops of grapes while France was a little too hot in it's grape growing regions. However after the 1300's it cooled quite a bit in Northern Europe and England's time as a major wine producer ended.

From wine to beer and spirits, with cooler weather hurting grape production (England and other countries) the focus went to crops that needed less of a growing season along with lower temperatures, barley, wheat, potatos, etc. could grow very well in this cooler environment making beer, whiskey and vodka more affordable than buying imported wine. This of course changed the consumption patterns in Northern Europe while southern Europe still prefers wine. This tradition continues in North America as well with beer and spirits comprising about 90% of the market and only about 10% for wine.

If stuff like this interests any of you try Googling weather history or weather impact on societies, etc. There is a wealth of information showing how extreme weather changes have been with humanity through the ages. The Middle East was at one time a fertile area, it is now a desert. North America was under hundreds of feet of ice, the Great Lakes were formed by glaciers, ever seen how big the Great Lakes are? That must have been some impressive chunks of ice. The media loves doom and gloom, rarely sharing historical perspectives or tempered opinions.

Gee, I actually could have added this post to the "Useless Information" thread.  ;)

Enjoy your day folks, no matter the weather!

Joe     

Hi Joe,

I'm just amazed that here in Florida, we haven't really seen winter.  It's January and the trees are already blooming like its spring.  I had to cut the grass the other day.  I bought a bunch of wood for the fireplace, and I haven't even used it yet.  I have lived in Florida since 1968, and I don't recall ever having such a warm winter.

Brian

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2007, 03:24:46 PM »

;D  ;D  ;D

Rev 16 : 8 Then the fourth angel emptied out his bowl upon the sun and it was permitted to burn, scorch humanity with fierce, glowing heat fire.....

Global warming?....well out here in Africa we are getting the heat first ;D

We have our share of Rev 16:8 in AZ. The highest I have seen the temp is 121 F; yes, it's a dry heat ::), so is standing in front of a blow dryer on max heat or sticking your head in an oven.
Then we have our "monsoon" season where it is 100 F and 80% humility.
Last night at the race track, it was in the high 30's and 15 mph winds. All of the adults kept thier bikes on/in the trailer and had many, many layers of clothes on; HOWEVER, all of the kids (all young ladies ranging in age from 9-14) unloaded thier bikes and rode for about 3 hours non stop. I'm not real sure who had the most fun, we laughed and laughed at the girls battling it out with each other.

Yes, the Great Lakes are huge; anyone been to the GRAND Canyon? What a beautiful place to view Gods work.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2007, 03:31:58 PM »

Hi Brian,

It certainly has been warmer this winter for sure but we had some drops into the 40's just this week in fact. Yes, I had to have the lawn cut yesterday and usually I can go from November until May or so without cutting the whole lawn, a little weed eating here and there.

Were you out of town when this happened?

Snow In Orlando, Florida....

Associated Press   |  Posted November 22, 2006 02:48 PM

Walt Disney, Orlando, Florida

There was hardly a run on snow shovels, but a few flakes of the white stuff hit the ground in Orlando for the first time since 2003, meteorologists said.

The flakes mixed with rain fell Tuesday night in the central Florida hometown of Walt Disney World,
National Weather Service meteorologist John Pendergrast said.

I remember New Year's Eveback in 1989 I lived in Orlando at the time and I was with a friend who had been born and raised in Miami, it was about 11PM and snowflakes started falling, my friend just stood there with his hand extended out looking into the sky like he was posing for a sculpture, I had to snap him out of it by literally yelling at him. He finally came out of his trance and told me "This is the first time in my life I have ever seen it snow or felt a snowflake," I said, "well get over it and get in the car, you look like some acid freak tripping his brains out." I was not the most compassionate guy in those days.........

Take care,

Joe

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.